Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Questions About Darker's Den

While I was soloing the "Lilipian T.A.C.O." on Very Hard, I was unexpectedly abducted into Darker's Den for the very first time; it surprised the hell out of me because at the time, I did not know such a place existed. Ooh man... all I have to say is that this place does NOT "F" around if you're running it solo. Needless to say, I got my ass handed to me really good by an aircraft in area 2 which I did not know how to take down. I really wanted to beat this place... now, I don't know if I'll ever get a second chance.... such a darn shame that I was abducted while soloing and not in a party.

So in preparation for future abductions, I want to ask the following questions:

1) Are there conditions for being Abducted into Darker's Den? Can you be abducted more than once?
    2) How do you take down that annoying aircraft in area 2?
    3) How do you beat this place? If I remember correctly it says to collect points or something.
    3) What happens when you complete the quest? Do you get anything special?
    4) Have you beaten the place?
    5) Is there only one difficulty setting for Darker's Den; that is, Very Hard only?
    Last edited by Evangelion X.XX; Aug 15, 2013 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Forgot to ask a 5th question.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

1. It's random. Though if you keep restart spamming to get abducted, your chances will decrease. You can't get reabducted until your clone expires which will in around 3 days.

2. You have to destroy the crystal tower for them to stop spawning which you'll run into.

3. Get to the end. It's pretty much like PSO1 in this mission, kill enemies to unlock the gates to proceed. After you complete the Den, your character will get cloned and can attack other players at random.

4. With others yes. Solo, no.

5. Very Hard only.
    Last edited by EvilMag; Aug 15, 2013 at 08:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

1. You can only be abducted while running VH TAs. You can be abducted more than one time as long as your character's clone currently isn't roaming around.
    2. Attacks that can hit from a distance to down it temporarily and destroy a crystal that ends the code destruction. There are 2 of them, but you can skip the 2nd one.
    3. Basically, you beat your own clone and a certain boss in Area 3.
    4. When you complete it, your clone is released and players in single party areas can have a chance to encounter your clone for a while. They expire and when they do, you can have a chance to get abducted again in the beginning of a VH TA.
    5. Yeah, plenty of times.
    6. Yep, VH only.

It was my first time two days ago too. With no moons left, I run to the exit, only to meet my fate in front of my mates' and myself clones lol

Just stumbled back from Darker's Den again (solo'ed as FI/HU); I'm all tore up, but luckily I survived (thank God for Iron Will Lv. 10). Armed this time with knowledge and fore-sight the second time around, I managed to take out the aircraft thanks to your tips, and defeated the clone along with the "you know who" boss; I should mention that I did skip a couple of bosses in between like Ragne and Zesh though, since I was desperately trying to conserve my ~mates (mono, di, tri)... in fact, I ended up using all of them and even several star atomizers after I completed the place; I used most of my ~mates because of those grasshopper-karate-thingies that kept on stunning-gang-banging me and those poison-shooting-rotating-gun-apparatuses. Nevertheless I did it! Yay!

Thanks guys for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelion X.XX View Post

1) Are there conditions for being Abducted into Darker's Den? Can you be abducted more than once?
    2) How do you take down that annoying aircraft in area 2?
    3) How do you beat this place? If I remember correctly it says to collect points or something.
    3) What happens when you complete the quest? Do you get anything special?
    4) Have you beaten the place?
    5) Is there only one difficulty setting for Darker's Den; that is, Very Hard only?
    1. VH TACO only. Heard that it has a 3 day cooldown but I disproved that by having 3 in one day. Yes you can get abducted more than once.

2. Find the large crystal. Don't remember coordinates. You shoot down the ship with a ranged weapon to temporarily stop the ship from firing at you, another will come though.

3. Your clone can now appear in a Code Clone. And you get around 3-20 photon spheres from clones at the end of the mission. And you may get an Elder Pain from Hunar if you are lucky.

4. 5 out of 9 times before, just had 1 last week. (2 my party ditched it and 2 failed)

5. VH only.

Some people hunt for DD by starting a VH TACO and canceling it, rinse-n-repeat until they get it.

Note: No point system to finish the mission. You get 1 hour to reach to the boss fight and kill the clones and Hunar there to complete the mission.

Boss Order before getting to the end: Gwan, Code Baize, Ragne, Ship, Zesh and Ship, finish. There are 2 optional to kill Wolgs and 1 optional Ragne to kill.
    Note: All can be rare versions also.

Main reasons why I like DD:
    1. Rare bosses.
    2. Challenging.
    3. Hardest area to date.
    4. Incredible amount of chance of rares.
    5. Annoying bursts during rare boss fights that summons bunch of Rare ninjas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    2. Attacks that can hit from a distance to down it temporarily and destroy a crystal that ends the code destruction. There are 2 of them, but you can skip the 2nd one.
    Last I recall, you can't skip the second one because there is a blocked area by the shields. The only things I remember that can be skipped are the 2 Wolgs and 1 Ragne. But do clear up my mistake if I'm wrong since I always kill those ship since that get on my nerves with cracker tons of damage.
    Last edited by strikerhunter; Aug 15, 2013 at 01:41 PM.

Is there anything that PREVENTS you from getting abducted?

I (and other people I run with frequently) have NEVER been abducted, despite now having (and spending!) millions of meseta from Klotho's orders. Every chance we get, we try to do at least a VH TACO for somewhere. Yet no one ever gets abducted. It's not just me, too, it's everybody.

Didn't I also hear at the beginning that people thought it could abduct ANYwhere, but then TA was the 'highest risk' ? Was that proven false or something?

I get frustrated hearing people abandon this area because they "Cant be bothered" with "yet anoooooother abduction ugghh" while I can't even get in there a single time. I mean, it's all this content, this new area, this challenging thing and people can't even see it once.

So is there some "abduction prevention" item/condition/quest/etc that one of us accidentally has that's messing this up?

Quote Originally Posted by AzureBlaze View Post
    Is there anything that PREVENTS you from getting abducted?

I (and other people I run with frequently) have NEVER been abducted, despite now having (and spending!) millions of meseta from Klotho's orders. Every chance we get, we try to do at least a VH TACO for somewhere. Yet no one ever gets abducted. It's not just me, too, it's everybody.

Didn't I also hear at the beginning that people thought it could abduct ANYwhere, but then TA was the 'highest risk' ? Was that proven false or something?

I get frustrated hearing people abandon this area because they "Cant be bothered" with "yet anoooooother abduction ugghh" while I can't even get in there a single time. I mean, it's all this content, this new area, this challenging thing and people can't even see it once.

So is there some "abduction prevention" item/condition/quest/etc that one of us accidentally has that's messing this up?
    If anyone has ever told you that you could be abducted "anywhere" they were completely wrong. How's it going to trap all four of you going down to the surface at once in a regular arks mission or free field? I could get saying it about anywhere with a gate, but no that's false too. It only happens with time attacks.

Anyway, if you want to prevent being abducted just bring me along. I haven't been abducted unless I'm solo in months.

You chance of getting in the Den increases with the more Srank VH TACOs you do.

The Srank counter resets once you successfully complete a Den.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    You chance of getting in the Den increases with the more Srank VH TACOs you do.

The Srank counter resets once you successfully complete a Den.
    Doesn't really explains the reasoning on why some rare few would be getting 3,4 or even 5 DDs in a row.

I say it's all just random luck.

Why? Because I highly doubt that anyone would not S rank a VH TACO if they know the shortcuts already, even then it's not hard getting S rank on them. So I doubt S ranking TAs has any affect on chances for DD. I went 3 months of VA TA every 2 days and didn't see DD just until last week.