Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Ideas for new skills/tweaks of current skills?

Obviously, Sega won't be reading this so this stuff will probably never be added into the game... but this is mostly just for fun.

Come up with new skills, or ideas on how to tweak current skills to make them more/less useful.

I'll start with a few I thought of...

HUNTER

Sword Gear Advance (5 points, Req: Sword Gear): Increases the rate that the Sword Gear meter charges, and reduces the rate that it loses power. Each level is worth 5%.

Wired Lance Gear Advance (5 points, Req: Wired Lance Gear): Increases the speed of grappling Wired Lance Photon Arts. This allows them to be used quicker in general, but also makes them more safe since they usually leave you vulnerable since most of them can't be canceled. Each level is worth a 5% speed increase.

Partisan Gear Advance (5 points, Req: Partisan Gear): Increases the speed that the Partisan Gear meter charges when you hold down the block button. Each level is worth a 10% charge speed increase.

Fury Crush (10 points, Req: Fury Combo Up): Increases the stun rate of your attacks while in Fury Stance, causing enemies to flinch more often from your attacks. 2% boost per level.

FIGHTER

Twin Dagger Gear Advance (5 points, Req: Twin Dagger Gear): Increases damage dealt to enemies when the Twin Dagger Gear gauge is full by 3% per level.

Double Saber Gear Advance (5 points, Req: Double Saber Gear): Increases the duration of the Double Saber Gear tornado by 1 second per level.

Knuckle Gear Advance (5 points, Req: Knuckle Gear): Increases damage when you Just Attack out of Knuckle's evasion maneuver after successfully avoiding an attack with it while the Knuckle Gear meter is full (It only applies to that ONE attack). Increases damage by 20% per level.

Step Attack Advance (10 points, Req: Just Reversal): Increases the power of Step Attack by 2% per level.

FORCE

Normal Tech Continue (10 points, Req: Normal Tech Advance): Reduces PP cost when performing successive Normal (uncharged) Techs. Each level reduces PP cost by 1. (And while we're at it, change Normal Tech Advance to be a 20% boost at max level).

Photon Blast Advance (10 points, Req: Tech Charge Advance 1): Increases the power of offensive Photon Blasts by 5% per level. Any Photon Blast linked with yours when you perform your PB will gain this effect, even if your own PB is not damage-based.

Hunter:
    -Remove the tank line.
    -Turn the lines into weapon based with Fury stance gating each gears which gates the tree line.

Fighter:

Tree is well balance with the exception of PP/deadline/halfline slayer. Remove Stance Crit and replace them with the slayers. Wise Crit-->Dead line, Brave Crit--> Halfline, PP Slayer gated by both stances and requires 5 sp from each.
    -Make chase apply to all damage types.

Gunner:

-Move Showtime under TMG gear with it gating showtime star. Change the effect of showtime from gear accumulation to increase Range damage (R/T atk) while retaining War Cry aggro.
    -Make ZRA apply to all damage types.

Force:

Soooo much ideas..........
    (one of the many) Get rid of current lines and replace them with too lines: conserve PP lines for sustainable damage and a nuke line that will run into PP issues.

Ranger: Most OP line currently and stupidly simple.

-Remove the dive and replace it with back jump tossing stun grenade. Need to wait certain amount of time before next grenade can be applied but during that time the player just jumps back and does the animation but no grenades pops.
    -Dive/dodge line is replaced with stun grenade increased stun duration, lower CD, and stun chance. (stuns mobs but staggers bosses)
    -Keep WB line.
    -Launcher line status affects can be applied to all mobs and bosses.
    -Remove trap line.

Braver:
    -Combine all KC related skills into one skill except for JA KC.
    -Split tree line into two line based on stances rather than the ugly looks we have atm with stances gating each of them while the bonus for those stances branches off so that it does not interfere with weapons. Katana under average and bow under weak.

Techer:

I don't even know what the heck to do with techer.
    Last edited by strikerhunter; Oct 20, 2013 at 10:45 PM.

I could post my long analysis on how skill trees could work better, but this time I'll post really quick:

Force:
    1) Charge PP Revival Advance: PP restores when anything is charged, not only Techniques. 1 SP.
    2) Elemental Combo Bonus: any striking or ranged attacks in successive JA starting with technique will get elemental bonus of that technique. 10 SP - 50% at max.

Fighter:
    1) Twin Dagger Gear Advance: filling gear gauge increases PP restoration per normal hit. 1 SP - 1.5x at max.
    2) Double Saber Gear Advance: every tornado hit restores PP. 1 SP

I have to say, I really like the Knuckle Gear Advance OP came up with. It'd reward skilled play and add more depth to gameplay, exactly what this game needs. 5s duration increase on DS gear would be gamebreaking because it's already very strong and very fast to generate. Imho it should be 3 seconds at max, maybe 2 even if that.
    I'd rather see it increase reach of the DS gear. Double Saber gear can be very annoying on some bosses. You have to get closer to the target(weak spot in particular) for DS gear to reach it, but because of this your Deadly Archer actually flies through the weak spot.

This is not directed to any specific person, but I'd just like to point out. Even though this thred is just "for fun" and these ideas will almost certainly never see daylight, still try to be as unbiased as you can be.
    It's easy to come up with new skills/abilities, but when you take a closer look at them you'll often realise how ridiculously overpowered they'd be. I'm no different, I often fantasize about skill/ability X to be added to the game, only to realise it'd just do more harm than good.
    Last edited by Friyn; Oct 21, 2013 at 01:36 AM.

lol techer? i think many will agree with me if they add this in their tree

Rapid reaction : Increase speed of tech casting and speed of swing on the wand(5 LV)
    *at max lvl swing or speed of casting will be slightly faster then rod user*
    (wont want ppl to end up saying TE is OP compare to rod Lol)

Nerf Fury, Ra's weakpoint and standing snipe and Gu's JA Roll, but increase the damage of Hu's weapons, Rifle and TMGs.
    Gu could also stand nerfing range on IF and ER, its a close ranged class after all.

Techer is next to useless unless status effects and buffs start to have a value. It might make Fo and Ra's debuffs play a role too.

How force should be....(lel sarcasam)

And before anyone ask wtf is going on!?

The whole trick is called animation cancel or skill proc + chi/rage recovery weapon.

Blade and Soul type of thing.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YqyW4pFg8o

Sig by Gama

I only have issues with one class right now: Gunners.

Just my opinion but there are four things that should be addressed when it comes to tweaking this class. Most relating to Infinite Fire.

1: Tone down S-Roll. Flipping for a free weak bullet damage modifier? That's pretty ridiculous no matter how you look at it.
    2: Infinite Fire. This PA lasts WAY too long for how much damage it does, it kind of ties in directly with S-Roll being the way it is.
    3: Remove super armor and invincibility frames from most PAs. The fact you can't be flinched in Infinite Fire is absolutely ridiculous. Elder Rebellion to an extent, however you don't see it too much these days.
    4: Increase the PP cost on Heel Stab. 20 is too low for a heavy damage dealing PA. Ties with Aerial Shooting (and now Raging Waltz) for the cheapest PA in the game.

When I join an MPA and can actually expect at least half the MPA to be some kind of Gunner class combination I get a little irritated. Somewhat because I look at everyone for being a complete tool and only playing the current most powerful class but mostly because it kind makes everyone else in the party feel like they can't do anything.

I'll tweak techer...

1. Make Territory Burst a Territory Stance, lasting 600 seconds. All points should be those of Territory PP Save meaning that the Stance would increase the range of support techs and, as you invest SP also reduce their PP cost (up to -10PP // 1 SP would be -1PP cost).

2. Make Shifta Advance and Deband Advance actually give a decent boost to Shifta and Deband. 10 SP shouldn't increase Shifta and Deband by a mere 4%. It should be 20%.

3. Wand Gear Advance (5 points): The Wand Gear explosion can inflict the corresponding status effect to the mob (Fire -> Burn, Ice -> Freeze, ...). Each point increases the chances (10% per point).

4. Wand Gear Drive (5 points): The Wand Gear explosion can be replaced by the "basic" tech of the explosion's element (Fire -> Foie, Ice -> Barta, ...). The tech uses PP as normal and comes out charged. Each such use reduces wand gear by 25%. Each point increases the chances (10% per point).

5. Change Extend Assist to not only increase the overall time of your buffs but also increase the length of the buff per tick (like Adrenaline).

With all this, you would already have great support skills and melee skills that can become nice.
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by Kilich View Post
    Nerf Fury, Ra's weakpoint and standing snipe and Gu's JA Roll, but increase the damage of Hu's weapons, Rifle and TMGs.
    Gu could also stand nerfing range on IF and ER, its a close ranged class after all.

Techer is next to useless unless status effects and buffs start to have a value. It might make Fo and Ra's debuffs play a role too.
    You.

I like you.

Do all that, and then I'd like to see all skills apply to all damage types equally, however that necessitates a few changes to the damage formula.

First: Two new qualifiers for damage types: Penetrating and Blunt. All bullets are Penetrating. All physical contact moves are Blunt (so the kicky mechgun PAs, etc.). A couple striking moves would be Penetrating: Most notably Sacred Skewer and Sonic Arrow.

Second: All ratk-exclusive weakpoints stop being weak to ratk and start being weak to Penetrating. All ratk-exclusive weakpoints then gain a 5% weakness to all damagetypes for Weak Hit Advance's bonus.

What's this do? Everything that hits a head hitbox gets 5% bonus damage and thus qualifies for Weak Hit Advance and Weak Stance. But only Penetrating damage gets 2x damage.

Force and Tector elemental masteries should also apply to weapon element bonus damage. Having both fire masteries should turn your 50% fire weapon into a 72% fire weapon (an extra 220 atk on a 1k atk weapon). Heck, maybe even do 50% fire -> 116% fire, multiplying the collective whole of the weapon by the masteries (an extra 660 atk on a 1000 atk weapon). It would depend on other factors, so take this last thought with a grain of salt.

That's just for starters, do that and see how balance shifts after about a month. Per-class refinements would need to be more carefully thought out after such a broad change.