Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Rien View Post
    Other than your 5k crits with sakura and 50k+ combat finish I don't see anything impressive.

But I'm not near your level yet as a braver (50 br/60 hu) and with a 125 s-atk 50dex mag I hit 6-7k with sakura (I'm sporting a +10 Lambda Sarizania). Maybe when you get 60/60 the difference will show.
    I'm 60/60, but you're looking at the wrong side for a difference that is small in general.

I am indeed building a pure ability mag (currently I'm at 129, it's pretty tough goings around there). What you should be noticing in my case as of now is a 5-6% increase in my minimum damage variance...not higher crits...this is obviously a lot harder to quantify simply by watching a short video.

Essentially Braver Mag is a way to suck out more total DPS stat from your mag. If you're purely a melee or purely a bow Braver like most, you're essentially wearing a level 260 mag once your mag is pure 175 ability. If you hybrid then that's even better. If we're to quantify that 20 points of Ability or S/R-ATT are ~1% dps increase (that's sort of the general knowledge around here), you're looking at a 13% damage increase from a lvl 175 ability mag in either striking or ranged damage, instead of a 8.75% damage increase from a pure 175 S/R-ATT mag. Again though, this does not equate to higher crits.

At its core though, the mag should not be considered an "awesome damage buff" no matter what you build it as. It's simply "a nice boost" where you otherwise wouldn't have that boost, assuming your build spares the points. We're talking about only a handful of % increase from having a pure S/R-ATT mag...and that's only assuming that the ability cap is high enough to validate these figures...but I figure they wouldn't give us skills and aim the Braver towards building ability on their characters if they were capping the damn thing so low that it wasn't even worth getting after weapon dex modifiers and what not.

Think about it like this...using a pure R-ATT mag you might see the best crits you can muster (though not sure if you can still even equip a Rika Bow with 0 ability on your mag), but every time you do a hit where your damage falls on the low end of your variance, you are essentially "taking away" from those crits. Every single hit you are missing out on damage you can never get back, where as in my case I may not be able to hit as high as you as often, but my damage doesn't as often fall in the lower end so I make up for that over the course of a run. Having more stat overall than you on your mag, I am seeing a higher minimum damage more often then you are benefiting from higher hits ~4.25% more of the time. So do you see how small of a margin this is for improvement?

I have no issue killing almost every VH boss in the game barring exceptions (like Vardha) in only a few Kamikaze arrows (maybe 1 or 2 with a WB)...so take that for what it's worth. I use the best Bow in the game though.
    Last edited by Zipzo; Aug 16, 2013 at 11:32 PM.

I got a question though correct me if I am wrong inn PSO your mag could go to 200?

If so I wondering will it hurt us in the end or will the bonuses just get even lesser or bigger? Well then again we don't even have some of our skills they didn't put in the skill tree yet.

Sig by Gama

I run pure ability mag, but I'm not finished with it yet. It's at 107 currently. This is my first character past 50 since I hopped off of my Cast for Deuman. With this in mind I have no clue what decent is as I haven't reached the end game yet. I'm currently 55/40 Br/Hu and I hit 6k or so with Sakura using Average stance and KC, and 8k with weak. This is with 50 element vol and power III lambda.

I somewhat wish I didn't go full dex mag because I have to gimp my hunter tree with s-atk up to be able to equip lambda weapons at my level. Outside of that I don't have any issues with it, I guess. I really hope Katana's new PA's are awesome. I feel like dookie in comparison to other classes. I should probably stop watching videos of maxed out people, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by PandaRehab View Post
    I run pure ability mag, but I'm not finished with it yet. It's at 107 currently. This is my first character past 50 since I hopped off of my Cast for Deuman. With this in mind I have no clue what decent is as I haven't reached the end game yet. I'm currently 55/40 Br/Hu and I hit 6k or so with Sakura using Average stance and KC, and 8k with weak. This is with 50 element vol and power III lambda.

I somewhat wish I didn't go full dex mag because I have to gimp my hunter tree with s-atk up to be able to equip lambda weapons at my level. Outside of that I don't have any issues with it, I guess. I really hope Katana's new PA's are awesome. I feel like dookie in comparison to other classes. I should probably stop watching videos of maxed out people, I guess.
    Actually you shouldn't if you maxed braver mag.

Sig by Gama

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    I got a question though correct me if I am wrong inn PSO your mag could go to 200?

If so I wondering will it hurt us in the end or will the bonuses just get even lesser or bigger? Well then again we don't even have some of our skills they didn't put in the skill tree yet.
    Braver Mag is purely based on a % of your Mags ability, so there's absolutely no diminishing return to your S/R-ATT pay out. As stated, the only existing question is that of where the ability cap is, because we know there is one, it's just a matter of where. Maybe we're not even close or in danger of touching it and it's a non-issue but since there's no figure giving in-game or by SEGA we don't have any idea. Maybe dex even has a diminishing return? *shrug

Someone with a lot of ability would have test that they are receiving a benefit from that ability all the way up to the very last point and then document that point, so we have a starting baseline to go off of, then we can move that point further the more ability this player gets as they continue to see benefit from that continued building of the stat.

Quote Originally Posted by PandaRehab View Post

This is mostly your error.

A maxed out ability mag will allow you to equip the best 9* Lambda at 60. Gimping your skill tree (which costs money to change) doesn't seem very intelligent just because you're impatient. There are Katana options until you max the mag that you would notice a nearly non-existent difference in your damage.

Well if player stats outpace the mag's, then the skill might not be worth the points.

Mags themselves will never really diminish in importance since there's nothing else to get instead. If mags were capped at lv100 all the way until players could go 200/200, you'd still get 100 stats instead of 0. But in that case, Braver Mag would give players who have something like 5000 Atk only an extra 50 for 5 SP.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Well if player stats outpace the mag's, then the skill might not be worth the points.

Mags themselves will never really diminish in importance since there's nothing else to get instead. If mags were capped at lv100 all the way until players could go 200/200, you'd still get 100 stats instead of 0. But in that case, Braver Mag would give players who have something like 5000 Atk only an extra 50 for 5 SP.
    Which is sort of the thing, it should be taken simply because it *is* affordable (especially on bow pure builds budget).

Katana is arguable because points get straddled somewhere between Katana combat or Just reversal or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    Braver Mag is purely based on a % of your Mags ability, so there's absolutely no diminishing return to your S/R-ATT pay out. As stated, the only existing question is that of where the ability cap is, because we know there is one, it's just a matter of where. Maybe we're not even close or in danger of touching it and it's a non-issue but since there's no figure giving in-game or by SEGA we don't have any idea. Maybe dex even has a diminishing return? *shrug

Someone with a lot of ability would have test that they are receiving a benefit from that ability all the way up to the very last point and then document that point, so we have a starting baseline to go off of, then we can move that point further the more ability this player gets as they continue to see benefit from that continued building of the stat.

This is mostly your error.

A maxed out ability mag will allow you to equip the best 9* Lambda at 60. Gimping your skill tree (which costs money to change) doesn't seem very intelligent just because you're impatient. There are Katana options until you max the mag that you would notice a nearly non-existent difference in your damage.
    Oh yeah, of course I could wear it at the cap lol. As of now though I'm still a good 30-40 S-ATK off from wearing it without level 10 S-ATK in my hunter tree. I just got an extra hunter tree to help me out with it for now, and for Fighter when I decide to level that.