Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TE/BR concept

Default TE/BR concept

So I've become interested in trying out this combination (18 br currently) and I had a few questions involving the logistics.

This is the skill tree i have thus far devised
    http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...BkSdnfsNJ20000

Focusing on katanas, with bullet bows as a back up and resta/shifta/deband as support.

My question is, does the T-Atk affect the quality of resta/shifta/deband?

And if I understand things right, I'd need to have techer as my main class (to use techniques) and BR as my sub while equipping an all class katana/bullet bow?

I'll answer what I can to the best of my abilities, but... *shrug*
    Quote Originally Posted by buu11235 View Post
    I think, only if you're using Techniques (since Shifta boosts your overall attack power; Shifta + T-ATK = more T-ATK (although not by much, admittingly)), and no.

And if I understand things right, I'd need to have techer as my main class (to use techniques) and BR as my sub while equipping an all class katana/bullet bow?
    That sounds about right.

I was under the impression you could cast Technics if Force or Techer is subbed. I can only vouch for Force right now, but later i'll have Techer unlocked to give you a solid answer. In the meantime, i'm about 60% sure you can sub Techer and still get access to Techs. You just need an all-class wand for the class-related stuff.

Only on Resta I think, higher T-ATK makes the HP you heal higehr too, could be wrong tho never tested it properly.

Nope, subclass Force/Techer give access to technics. You can cast them anytime just put em in your subpallette. So you can main Braver without a problem.

Resta improves from all sources of T-Atk except on your weapon. Your base stats (character+mag+skilltree), affixes, and buffs all increase your heal amount. The only percentage based skill that increases it is Resta Advance, no other Tech Advance nor Mastery.

And I must mention that Shifta and Deband modify only your base stats by up to 19.4% with the tech at lv15, or 24.25% with Shifta/Deband Advance maxed. It's very minor, and Shifta alone is often enough without any SP invested. Shifta Critical is also not worth the points because critical hits do no more than 100% normal damage, so 15% more crits really don't help that much. It's true that your attacks don't always do 100% damage depending on your Dex, but they're not usually much weaker. Deband Cut is good, though.

Also maxed Extend Assist requires you to cast the buffs over 3 times each in order to actually take advantage of the longer max duration. Very rarely will your party cooperate long enough for you to pull that off.

Frankly, you'll do much better support as Br/Ra with WB. Or even just contributing with damage yourself.

But if you're serious about this class combo, I'd suggest this then. You get 70 SP by the level cap, so you can get a few more things. Rare Mastery only works on your main class, and every point after the first is incredibly minor. You'd even get more simply putting those SP into Ability Up 1, and that counts towards your base stats (I still wouldn't recommend it). Snatch Step is really weak, and you really shouldn't need JRCover since you have Resta (and items) but I left it there.

That one point in Wind Mastery at least improves Zanverse to be 21% damage instead of 20% for your party. You might even consider maxing the Wind Masteries if you like that support tech a lot. Better than keeping up Shifta on everyone, but then you have to cast this constantly.

So I've become interested in trying out this combination (18 br currently) and I had a few questions involving the logistics.

This is the skill tree i have thus far devised
    http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...BkSdnfsNJ20000

Focusing on katanas, with bullet bows as a back up and resta/shifta/deband as support.

On the techer side you touch all the skills I didn't. Don't bother too much with buffs, you're better off with an attack stance from hunter. Defense in this game doesn't really matter since with deband = two shot, without = two shot.

If Force or Techer is subbed, you can use any spell. Far as I know T-atk effects every spell. (testing it after every level with affixes as well helps prove it if you need to see a difference, though 5 or 4 T-atk from leveling is hard to notice a bit)

As for Techer tree, since your not HU or FI, your gonna want to max out Shifta Advance, if you feel your dying too much, do what I do, max out Deband Advance and Cut. Obviously Territory is a must but you only need one point into it. PP restorate is always nice so do that too. I don't know for sure if Element Weak Hit is gonna count for Katana's and Bow. That's how my set up is, don't know if its gonna help. My mag is purely focused on Atk and Dex

Quote Originally Posted by TenebriS View Post
    Only on Resta I think, higher T-ATK makes the HP you heal higehr too, could be wrong tho never tested it properly.

Nope, subclass Force/Techer give access to technics. You can cast them anytime just put em in your subpallette. So you can main Braver without a problem.
    So I won't even need an all class wand/talis then? Most excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Also maxed Extend Assist requires you to cast the buffs over 3 times each in order to actually take advantage of the longer max duration. Very rarely will your party cooperate long enough for you to pull that off.
    Why is this? The skill calc says it's a passive skill, so I would think i'd just need to shifta/deband the team.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    But if you're serious about this class combo, I'd suggest this then. You get 70 SP by the level cap, so you can get a few more things. Rare Mastery only works on your main class, and every point after the first is incredibly minor. You'd even get more simply putting those SP into Ability Up 1, and that counts towards your base stats (I still wouldn't recommend it). Snatch Step is really weak, and you really shouldn't need JRCover since you have Resta (and items) but I left it there.

That one point in Wind Mastery at least improves Zanverse to be 21% damage instead of 20% for your party. You might even consider maxing the Wind Masteries if you like that support tech a lot. Better than keeping up Shifta on everyone, but then you have to cast this constantly.
    What does zanverse do? I've seen videos showing it off but no descriptions. From what you've said, it seems like it's a boost to damage to those standing in the circle. Does it persist when you exit it (even briefly?)

Anyway, here's an updated skill tree. The Snatch Step and J Reversal Cover are there since i've already added points to them.
    http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...2dnfsNJ2Hn0008

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

So far from what I've seen Zanverse works both ways as long as someone is in the circle either you or the foe.

So I won't even need an all class wand/talis then? Most excellent.

Why is this? The skill calc says it's a passive skill, so I would think i'd just need to shifta/deband the team.

What does zanverse do? I've seen videos showing it off but no descriptions. From what oyou've said, it seems like it's a boost to damage to those standing in the circle. Does it persist when you exit it (even briefly?)

Anyway, here's an updated skill tree. The Snatch Step and J Reversal Cover are there since i've already added points to them.
    http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...2dnfsNJ2Hn0008
    Extend assist is a passive skill but to get the full duration that extend assist offers, you need to cast shift and deband multiple times. So one charged shifta is one full 60 seconds but another charged shifta will increase it to 120 seconds or more depending how many points u put into Extend assist.

If you are within the casted zanverse, you will dish out extra dmg based on the dmg dealt from the tech casted within the zanverse. Iirc its 21-25%, tbh Im not really sure how much it is. Zanvers isnt that great tho, so dont worry bout it.