Can anyone tell me (in their opinion) which section id would be best to get as a fomar? Appreciate it.

Want some candy?

pick out your top 5 weapons. Then an armor or something that is nice, ,and any units you plan to find. Whichever ID comes up more times is the one you want

thanks, can't believe I didn't think of looking into section id drops. ah well. appreciate the info/wakeup call. =)

I had to make this decision a while ago and was having a hard time choosing between redria and pinkal. I ended up choosing pinkal because they have nearly all the weapons you would want to use as a melee fomar (red saber, soul banish, morning glory, holy ray, csorc arm, fastia to make huge plantain fans, etc..) . The only one they really lack is a mkb (granted it's probably the best one, but thats what secondary characters and friends are for). They also have decent armor, as well as the tripolic shield (great for forces), and wands in case you feel the need to go spell casting for a while. Just be warned to expect lots of storm wands (at least every other red box seems to be one in ultimate). But like gideonx said you should look over the item finding lists to make sure you like what you can get before you start sinking a lot of time into your new char.