Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

If we get a new episode each year...

Episode 4 Chapter 4 - Elder Resealed
    Episode 5 Chapter 2 - Algolian Encounter (Ok I have to indulge myself somewhere on this list)
    Episode 6 Chapter 7 - The Great Light
    Episode 8 Chapter 4 - Encounter with Little Wing
    Episode 10 Chapter 1 - Oracle Destruction

Did anyone actually not expect this?

All the real work that goes into creating an F2P game is mainly spent trying to actually get it started. When you have the framework everything else is dripfeed and recycled content. All they have to do is give it the bare minimum heart-squeeze once a month and this shit is golden for easily longer than a decade, providing the core content is actually good and they're not simply churning through the entire available market and won't run into the brick wall that is market saturation.

Oh wait that's exactly what will happen ha ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by worcanna View Post
    So saying that. PSU was poorly handled by Sega in general. PC servers died long before the Xbox and all sorts. I think focusing on just certain versions with cross-play has helped them a lot in the long run too.
    The JP PC servers lasted a bit longer than the XBox 360 servers.

@Those saying that PSO2 will die in like 3 years or whatever, PSU survived for 6 and PSO2 is alot more popular, so, no, it won't die so soon.
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Aug 21, 2013 at 08:23 AM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

There will always be more lonely weeaboos holding on to PS for their dear lives, having no idea the value of a dollar and throwing them away for pixel hats for the brief surge of endorphins when they hear the scratch sound hoping to get what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    With the way Sega handles their updates, the client's gonna be like 200GB by the 9th year.
    Actually their updates might all be like 1-2gb but instead of adding the differences to the file they redownload the entire files and replace them. Generally this only adds a small amount in the end, but it is still a very poor way of doing it.

Regardless of graphics I don't think this game can last 10 years on the content its running. At the very least I don't think I'd want to play the game for 10 years. I would hope much better games are out at that point.

Do I think SEGA will eventually start releasing better content? Yes. Will it fix all of the games problems? Pretty doubtful.
    Ship 2
    Player ID: BlankM
    Character: Mauseletta
    Youtube Channel(Currently lacking PSO2 content)

Personally, I think PSO2 is one the best mmos now, at least without a KSSN. That might be influenced by how tired I am of fantasy mmos, but nevertheless.

The question about whether they planned the game beforehand and then just broke it into pieces, or is it an ongoing development still bothers me though, because core class and gameplay mechanics are being expanded at glacial pace.

Also the question of how many sacrifices did PSO2 make, design wise, to release on Vita.

Ten years in and a lvl cap of 130.

650,000,000,000 exp tnl

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Thumbs up 4 LIFE!

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    Same here, PSO is one of my all time favorite games.
    Me 2 bro. I play through the wonder years of dreamcast. because back then for console games there was nothing like it. Dreamcast for life man.
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!