Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awesome stuff. I would say I wish Dark Force was longer but there wasn't much too it unless you wanted to get original with it. Heh heh. Laughter would be nice to see.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

God, Laughter would be hell on the left hand. And that timing...

Quote Originally Posted by Bragatyr View Post
    DJcooltrainer, I actually don't have any sheet music, since I do all of my covers by ear, but if you'd like I could send you some notes about the Dark Force song, at least, since it's fresh on my mind.
    That's impressive, I can't play by ear that well. If you've got the notes and chords, I could probably figure it out though.

Thank you very much, yoshiblue. I totally wanted to stretch this one out a little longer; I usually do two repeats of pretty much everything, but yeah, speaking of the left hand parts, this one just wore my hand out for some reason, I literally couldn't do more than one take without my hand refusing to work, ha ha.

But oh my God, yeah, I love Laughter. Probably my favorite song in Phantasy Star as a whole. Like Zorafim said, though, it would probably be fatal to try to play it on piano, ha ha. I've taken some notes on it, and I intend to cover it in one way or another at some point, but it may not be a solo piano version!

And hey, DJcooltrainer, I'm just about to message the notes to you. Looking forward to hearing what you do with this song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSTX42EJ1RY

Well, yoshiblue, I finally got around to doing Laughter, ha ha! Went with a full band sound on this one, though I might try a piano version at some point. It's really loud, and it makes my ears bleed a little, so there's that, but I just wanted to share it.

Would rather you keep your hands intact. Wasn't really that loud though. Yay Laughter.

Thanks for checking it out, man. I do want to do a piano version, it's actually the second part of the song that's tricky for me at the moment, with the counter-melody. I might come back to this one at some point. I'm actually working on another one from PS IV, In the Cave, that one's really fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv-7NRHtihI

Just wanted to drop off In the Cave, I did in fact finish it, ha ha. First actual video I've done, too.

http://youtu.be/wHBe2V3n8Sc

Just did another one, the boat theme from PS III. Kind of an odd one to do, but it was easy, and I kind of like it.

Noice. Its a song that flows from happy to sad pretty nicely.