Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

to see how moronic pso2 skill trees are look how idiotic picking sub-classes became after the hunter fury stance buff, even the goddamn ranged classes go for hunter sub because they don't have to fit some moronic conditions like having to stand still or facing the enemis point blank while using a ranged weapon (rotfl) or shoting enemies in the air
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Korazenn View Post
    For instance, with my HU/FO setup, I can max out all (or most of) the Fury Stance-based skills, spending the couple of points left for Sword Gear, and I get a 60%+ damage boost along with Critical Strike chances increased up to 20%. Combine all that with the damage bonuses from JA Boosts and the Over End PA, and you're pretty much a non-stop killing machine.

Still not impressed? Well, with that boost, I'd be easily doing 6600 on each hit, along with more from Critical Strikes, other parts of the Vol Dragon that I'm hitting, and WB giving an even further increase from a GuRa (and you don't even want to fathom how much dps that would be if the GuRa has WB skills maxed out as well).
    Please don't tell me you've maxed Fury Critical, the skill that allows you to do no more than 100% of your normal damage slightly more often.

Full Fury Stance gives your Striking damage a 219% multiplier, and you've got no more SP for anything else, the least of which being a pitiful critical hit chance.

Only thing worth getting instead of fully maxing FS are your weapon gears, since Wired Lances get another 30% bonus for having the Gear, and Partisans get increased AoE for more total possible damage.

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    to see how moronic pso2 skill trees are look how idiotic picking sub-classes became after the hunter fury stance buff, even the goddamn ranged classes go for hunter sub because they don't have to fit some moronic conditions like having to stand still or facing the enemis point blank while using a ranged weapon (rotfl) or shoting enemies in the air
    IDK I thought the Ranger tree alone was a good example of how moronic they are.

Traps? What the heck are those?

Panic Shot? Jellen Shot? Stun Grenade? What alien language is this?

Weak Bullet? WHAT RANGER DOESN'T HAVE THIS?

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancerRaiko View Post
    I could literally make a character without using a single skill point and he wouldn't perform much differently than anyone else.
    For the love of god go play the game for more than a week or get to level 40 first.
    -This is basically saying a lvl 1 can match a lvl 60
    or
    -someone not built to kill can match someone that is meant to kill.
    -I dare you to do so and see the major difference between someone built to kill.

Yeah there's maybe one or two useful ones in SOME skill trees but not ALL. For example, I'm playing as a Braver and to be honest a lot of those skills are just disappointing. Have friends playing as techers and things, and they only end up getting any use out of just one skill and only when it's maxed out.'
    You clearly just spent no more than 1 hour playing the game and not seeing al of the skill trees. There are more than 1 or 2 skills in the trees that are useful than just 1.

Don't use Braver as a target of your argument because you have to remember that braver is brand new, therefore of course its skill tree is going to suck for now but you have to wait for new fixes on it like how they did with hunters and Gunners.

SKILL TREES ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THAT.
    Stopped reading the rest of the paragraph right there nor is it you or anyone to say that it is "not suppose to be like that".

Not every single skill tree in every single game will have the same style, go down and read below after the next quote.

Others aren't even that good. For example, the skill for the Bullet Bow called Rapid Shoot cuts down your attack to instead fire three shots in rapid for every time you attack. Sounds like it could be a good trade off right? Not really considering one of those three shots are only a fourth of the damage. That means 25% * 3 shots equal only a 75% damage. That means this skill makes you actually deal an entire 25% less damage over all. What's even the point? The only way to make it useful is to max it out till each shot does 34% but those three shots only amount to a total of 102% damage. A 2% damage increase? That's it?
    LOL okay first thing, you fail to understand the set backs of Rapid shot, it lowers your attack by 25% not 75%. What is shown on the skill simulator is how far your attack goes down to.

IMO, the skill tree is actually successful in the way how PSO2 works.

1. The game is not based on skills like all of those WOW clones or borderlands.
    2. THIS IS NOT A GAME THAT USES SKILLS, IT'S AN ACTION ORIENTATED GAME.
    3. Different game type revolves a different style of using skill trees. AND I do not want to give a long list of reasons why.

tl:dr Go play the game for a week and don't go say the skill trees should revolve more on skill based stuffs because that is not what PSO2 is. PSO2 is not a skill based aka square-box with CD and rotations pressing, etc. so expect to see very few of that in PSO2's skill tree.
    Last edited by strikerhunter; Aug 31, 2013 at 05:09 PM.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

It's simple, just get rid of the entire skill tree system. -w-

There, I said it - the game would be more fun if they just got rid of skill trees, threw out the atk ups, and made the skills unlock progressively as we leveled.

/dons armor.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    It's simple, just get rid of the entire skill tree system. -w-

There, I said it - the game would be more fun if they just got rid of skill trees, threw out the atk ups, and made the skills unlock progressively as we leveled.

/dons armor.
    Honestly, I prefer PSP2/2i's somewhat of a build system where you unlock the skills and are limited to you want in your setup in your limited slots with no class restrictions on the skills.
    Last edited by strikerhunter; Aug 31, 2013 at 05:15 PM.

PSO2's tree system would be better if they didn't limit unique skills to each class. GU needs JA Bonus, and so does fighter.

No, im sorry I don't agree with that Enf.
    Make them perks maybe; but I like some of the skills and whatnot here.

If you go Tank HU anyway theres some pretty fun things you can get.
    But... who plays for being bulky anyway :<

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Quote Originally Posted by Vashyron View Post
    IDK I thought the Ranger tree alone was a good example of how moronic they are.

Traps? What the heck are those?

Panic Shot? Jellen Shot? Stun Grenade? What alien language is this?

Weak Bullet? WHAT RANGER DOESN'T HAVE THIS?
    I actually kind of like the Ranger tree because it offers various options for the player... too bad all of them but Weak Bullet and the damage boosts are beyond useless currently. =|

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
    If you go Tank HU anyway theres some pretty fun things you can get.
    But... who plays for being bulky anyway :<
    ;_;

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

I would like to see more variance allowed in skill trees. I agree that players are far too limited in what they can build for, and still be considered useful. (By PSO2 Gen's standards, anyway.) I personally like being able to take a hit, instead of being full glass cannon. Building tanky, isn't honestly a good thing to do, but I can still do decent damage and contribute as a whole. I have about half and half right now, and I prefer being able to take a hit and still do a decent amount of damage. An off-tank, if you will. Mostly on the account that I'm terrible at blocking and dodge sometimes. But the fact I either go full damage or I'm stupid is a really dumb line of thinking, but it's apparently popular.

tl;dr give me more skill points or more options.