Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Default What's broken and how would you fix it?

Post your ideas here.

I'll list off things I've thought of or have read recently.

I hit a lot on force because I play it the most so far.

1. Game difficulty.

The game is easy even at endgame. A good party can kill bosses in 10 seconds. It's easy to dodge almost everything in MPA. You can almost instantly kill anything in MPA.

Solution?

- Introduce a mode where enemies levels are 110% or +5 or +10 of the party leader's level.

If the party leader is 60, enemies will be level 66, or 65, or 10. If the leader is level 100, enemies will be 110, or 105, or 110.

Not only will it be harder to survive, but you won't have these 10 second boss kills either. This should be offset by offering some sort of good reward that's also nothing too good in the case of players farming this mode.

Doing this might also make tank/mob distract builds more viable!

- Make monsters more aggressive. Many people have suggested this before.

- Introduce more attacks that can "capture" players. Before Aculpus got nerfed, they were extremely nasty to have a swarm of them chasing you because of how aggresive and fast they were at spinning at you.

More importantly, as long as you are simply constantly moving left or right the only time you get hit by things is if you accidentally run into its attack.

We need something that anticipates this kind of thing better. Chrome dragon's red diamond attack? Make it scatter a little, be a little less accurate!

2. Techer isn't much of a support class.

- Make Shifta critical and deband cut's effects apply to other players as well. Perhaps give shifta a % damage bonus.

- As Meowwutts mentioned in another thread, make territory burst increase the time that the techs last. I've been thinking the exact same thing recently, actually.

- I'd like to see a DoT spell or skill. Essentially, the damage bonus is low at first, but after using it for an extended period of time it becomes a really good boost. This would be more important if SEGA can introduce boss fights that take an extended period of time and not 10 seconds.

3. Megiverse < Resta

- Make megiverse leach health, by damaging enemies inside of it, while still giving the bonus effect to players inside of it. Essentially, make it into a hybrid of an AoE and a support tech. Or, make it only an AoE.

4. Ice skill tree is useless.

- I think ice should be much more solid than it is, without having to put skillpoints into its solidity.

- http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212741

- An ice spell that summons a 10 second physical barrier around you, like Megaman's leaf shield, but in a ring around you like Monocero's PB. Maybe more than 10 seconds because that'd be really short, but yeah. Or a skill.

If casted from a Talis, it can essentially trap enemies inside of it. Upon enemy collision, it damages them and stutters them like Nagrants does.

- An "ice nafoie". It's not as powerful per se on a direct hit, and infact you get more out of it by letting it hit the ground. After it hits the ground, a ice bear-trap appears on the floor and any enemy that steps over it is instantly frozen. Very high freeze rate, not as much damage. Heck, don't even make it something you "toss" like nafoie. Make it a circle that appears instantly on the ground wherever you cast it, sort of like the Bow PA Torrential arrow.

- I really think we just need more universally useful ice spells. No one complains about Zan or other wind techs. It'll hard to compare to lightning with endless casting or fire with such fast casting, but hey. Did I mention that Sabarta is stupid. Misses so often.

5. Game needs more modes!

- Endurance mode! Start vs level 1 enemies, climb to level 60+ enemies, to bosses, to multiple bosses.... The farther you get, the more reward!

- "VS enemies greater than the party leader's level mode" as mentioned above.

6. Tank trees are useless!

In my opinion, the game needs to become harder first or something. Or a harder mode needs to appear. We need something where it's viable or even important for a player to take the attention of many mobs or a boss, and their damage.

7. There isn't enough ranged or tech based enemies.

Luda sorcerer was a step in the right direction. We need more things that shoot or cast spells frequently. More than that, they have to tricky to dodge.

8. Enemies are too easy

- Make it so we can't razan the bigger enemies so easily. They're supposed to be big and tanky for a reason.

9. There aren't many weapons compared to other PSU games!

- Make weapons from subclass available as well. Other than that, introduce more weapons. Some people have mentioned things like guns or swords that do tech based damage for techers for example. Things like a Photonslash/Tech slash or Techgun.

I personally want to see

Ranger >> Miniguns
    Gunner >> Shotguns.

As I mentioned in another thread:

Miniguns for ranger sounds so fitting ;o;

Offering snail-pace movement while revved up, but high damage!

Shotguns for gunner, their gear doubles the effect of zero range advance on them. Builds on point blank shots (or zero range shots?). Builds faster than TMG and drains slowly over time while not attacking. Does more damage the closer you are because it has a wide spread, making it bad for anything further than sword distance, and really good for anything closer. Cannot sroll, but shotguns already have a lot of damage on their own. Not a great chain trigger builder, but a viable switch for the finish?

Locks your skill tree I suppose, but at that rate I view it as no different than fire vs lightning in the FO tree. In this case, shotgun vs TMG. Or stance vs stance on Br.

Of course, if it's only one point for the shotgun gear, since a lot of people already put a lot into zero range advance, it'd probably be easy to have both available for you.

Buying Yasminkov 9000S 90m

10. Skill trees are restrictive and most force you into one universally best build.

Mostly dependent on the skill tree. Ra and Hu is a huge problem here for example. Hu could be solved by harder game modes. But Ra, those traps are just too eh for being used anywhere at all.

11. Monetary gain

- Really, just boost the gain from selling random drops to shops again. It was both unnecessary and restrictive to change that. Before I stopped playing for half a year, I was really looking forward to the "maxed level 40 content" and the floating continent (which was the last area) where you get 1k meseta per drop.

12. Meseta linked to character, and not playerID, while AC and FUN are.

- Make meseta linked to player ID. We can already just transfer it through our storage, so why this hurdle?

13. Aerial advance on gunner should apply when the gunner is in the air ;p Not when the enemy is.

14. Whenever there's an Emergency Quest or otherwise, a bar appears at the top of the screen, which also blocks the icon for Party/Friend/Team invites.

- Their remedy is to have you press tab... when you could just move the invite box lower.
    Last edited by Chdata; Sep 3, 2013 at 08:50 AM.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Regarding monster dificulty, I would say that a somewhat conceptually simple solution would be to scale monster toughness based on the number of players in a certain area.

The problem here is that, unlike more common MMOs where bosses and monsters might require a shit-ton of players to kill due to the areas not being instance-based, here with the cap of 12 players, every member counts a lot and there's more emphasis on solo playing. Here it's possible to solo any boss, even with not too decent equipment, even if you need a lot of time (compare to elite player) the possibilities of succeeding are much more realistic than bosses in those other MMOs where soloing some of them results pretty much in your death under 5 seconds no matter what you do, and if you don't die you'd take hours to kill it.

The easiest way (in my opinion) to achieve a balance, where soloing is still a realistic possibility, but multi-partying doesn't make enemies die even before they complete their spawning animation, would be to have enemies get stronger the more players are in the area. Give all enemies a constant buff that increases their health by X% where X depends on the number of players. Considering that most enemies take little time to deal with even soloing, this boost could be significant, for example it could be even +80% for every player. The idea would be that the more people in the party, the easier it gets, but not 12 times as easy, which is what we got now. Other stats could receive a minor boost.

Another issue that makes monsters too easy, is the fact that they can be flinched very easily, and when there are 2+ players at it, it already gets very easy. A flinch resistance increase could help, but I think the best solution would be to give every monster an attack (or attacks) that are entirely "un-flinchable". This attack will be triggered by chance everytime the monster gets flinched, and this chance of activation will get higher the more players in the area. This way, when there are 12 players hitting an enemy it will most likely use this "emergency attack" more often to protect itself.

The enemies need to atk faster as well.

Need to up dat AI status

Sig by Gama

My list:

1. Make bosses for every area that only appears in random Duel Codes rather than the boss room.

2. Revamp hunter tank tree to something like -x% damage instead of increasing S/R/T Def.
    No damage set back for photon sakes!!!!!!

3. Fix skill trees: Move some skills around, lower some requirements, lower/raise the amount of SP needed to spent for full potential but make it worthwhile to rank it halfway.

4. Intelligent/smarter AIs. Heard that Wolg use to have a killer AI then it got nerfed.

5. For photon sakes, add more new enemies every area when a new area/mode is added in. Seriously from time-to-time I gets boring to fight mobs that I would just rush to the boss.

6. Take the pinning system from monster hunter and add it into PSO2 and make it vicous, this will make mobs/bosses more interesting. No not like the Gilnas' body grab or Bear's bigfoot hold, but like a grapple that holds you and has a meter in-which you have buttonsmash to get out of it or you'll take more damage.

7. Remove Moon Atomzier or limit it to only FOs and TEs.

Edit: Dnd spot my mistake, meant to say Moon not star.
    Last edited by strikerhunter; Sep 2, 2013 at 09:32 PM.

God so much... to say on this, but im sure what i have will be said later so lets just go with this one lol.

Forces are still too strong for the amount of safety that the class has to offer. The way i would fix it is by taking out some of it's damage multipliers and replacing them with skills that damage enemies near enemies that are hit. For example, if you use rafoi on an oodan, other enemies X distance away will receive a portion of the total damage the oodan got hit with (amount of damage will depend on how many sp you have in the skill and im thinking 30% is fair).

This way forces would be majorly toned down in a boss fight, but they would be the top mob dispatchers, they could eliminate groups faster than ever, and the class retains it's purpose.

There's probably a flaw in there somewhere lol, but imo it looks good on paper.

Credit to MissMalice for the sig.
    Hunter: 65 Fighter: 65
    Retired Classes: Ranger: 40 Gunner: 40
    Force: 40 Techer: 40
    0 on everything else.

Umm. Forces need toning DOWN against bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    1. Make bosses for every area that only appears in random Duel Codes rather than the boss room.

4. Intelligent/smarter AIs. Heard that Wolg use to have a killer AI then it got nerfed.

7. Remove Star Atomzier or limit it to only FOs and TEs.
    1) they already have had this and still have it, imo its stupid - The haze drall units, only appear due to this method and what do you know? they are 40mill a piece at least, for the hunter version of agrani or king vardha units? want a haze drall weapon? good luck have fun for the next 5 years.

4) Alot of things have had this problem, the quartz dragon in hard before it was nerfed was a right pain to take down - the only place you can find this level of boss AI now-days is in AQ's

7) I'm sorry but I personally find this retarded, why limit the already very limited group heal every class can use to only people with resta and megiverse. As Fi/Hu I find even 5 very limiting during AQ's - yes its up to the person to keep themselves healed I guess but I still like to be a tiny bit supportive. Also although its not much of a problem now, back when you had no immunity to damage when being ressed throwing a star after a moon saved you in most cases having to use another moon - I Still do this out of habit however.

The thing i'd love to see change is the game adding more then just stat changes to mobs, AI update for everything that doesnt involve chain flinching you to death or just flat-out one shotting you to be 'difficult' would be a nice change
    Pso2 - Ship2: Proud manager of team Celestial
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.

Quote Originally Posted by GALEFORCE View Post
    Umm. Forces need toning DOWN against bosses?
    No matter how "weak" some people think forces are there's no denying that they have the highest amount of safety in the game. And believe me, i know may forces that can destroy any boss other than elder in a few minutes. One of them was able to pull off falz arm from the limited quest with less than 1:30 on the timer solo. Thats still too strong for the lack of danger that they have. But dont look at the negative, think about what you'd be getting.

If you zan a large mob they wouldnt just take damage from zan, the new skill would damage them all as well, each hit from the tech on each enemy would hit all of the others. And they would still be solid at bosses because of their ability to survive.
    Last edited by Skyly HUmar; Sep 2, 2013 at 09:38 PM.

Credit to MissMalice for the sig.
    Hunter: 65 Fighter: 65
    Retired Classes: Ranger: 40 Gunner: 40
    Force: 40 Techer: 40
    0 on everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnd View Post
    1) they already have had this and still have it, imo its stupid - The haze drall units, only appear due to this method and what do you know? they are 40mill a piece at least, for the hunter version of agrani or king vardha units? want a haze drall weapon? good luck have fun for the next 5 years.

4) Alot of things have had this problem, the quartz dragon in hard before it was nerfed was a right pain to take down - the only place you can find this level of boss AI now-days is in AQ's

7) I'm sorry but I personally find this retarded, why limit the already very limited group heal every class can use to only people with resta and megiverse. As Fi/Hu I find even 5 very limiting during AQ's - yes its up to the person to keep themselves healed I guess but I still like to be a tiny bit supportive. Also although its not much of a problem now, back when you had no immunity to damage when being ressed throwing a star after a moon saved you in most cases having to use another moon - I Still do this out of habit however.

The thing i'd love to see change is the game adding more then just stat changes to mobs, AI update for everything that doesnt involve chain flinching you to death or just flat-out one shotting you to be 'difficult' would be a nice change
    1. Chrome is just one and Haze is just another. What I meant is a exclusive boss tied to that planet alone but it's appearance rate in duel codes higher than the others that appears at boss rooms.

4. True, but most of the nerfs are far too much nerfing. Keep where the mob/boss is aggressive but isn't broken like Quartz. Aculpus is one example.
    Wolg was once hard and now he's a rtard. Only bosses I find still challenging is soloing Banther (banshee far too easy) and Chrome.

7. Did I say star? Holy *&#% I did lol I meant Moons
    Last edited by strikerhunter; Sep 2, 2013 at 09:34 PM.

Sheathing Animations. Bravers isn't bad but every other class needs a fix. (Yes I am this OCD)
    ~When you least expect it, you'r elected you'r the star today. SMILE! You'r on candid camera.