Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Looks to me like HC has a hit cap and after that no further button presses will register at all.

If you press nothing, you'll get the occasional tick.

Mash regularly, and you'll do consistent damage throughout the animation.

Use a macro, and after a period of really fast ticks, that'll stop and you'll get the occasional tick as if you pressed nothing at all.

If you wait a bit, then switch on your macro, you'll attack fast up until the PA ends (or shortly before).

Gunner PAs and Nazonde seem to be as they always were.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Get a buddy to activate chain trigger on something.
    I would, but due to SEGA and possibly FFXIV, I don't really have that option atm.

So does HC indeed end the animation sooner than it used to? Coupled with a smaller hit number cap, that could be both a nerf and a buff. Its DPS may well be similar to before, but being vulnerable for a smaller window means it could be used more often.

Maybe I'll dig up some old holding current videos..

Did some messing around while playing and it seems to get the most out of HC you really have to relax your tapping. Going combo computer on HC will kill the damage something fierce.
    PSO2 Ship 6
    HacksawJimcuttn - HU 75 | FI 75 | RA 75 | GU 75 | FO 75 | TE 75 | BR 75 | BO 75 | SU x

Queso - RA/HU

Quote Originally Posted by GALEFORCE View Post
    I would, but due to SEGA and possibly FFXIV, I don't really have that option atm.

So does HC indeed end the animation sooner than it used to? Coupled with a smaller hit number cap, that could be both a nerf and a buff. Its DPS may well be similar to before, but being vulnerable for a smaller window means it could be used more often.

Maybe I'll dig up some old holding current videos..
    You stay vulnerable for the same time period

Credit to MissMalice for the sig.
    Hunter: 65 Fighter: 65
    Retired Classes: Ranger: 40 Gunner: 40
    Force: 40 Techer: 40
    0 on everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyly HUmar View Post
    You stay vulnerable for the same time period
    Yeah, the animation is the same no matter what you do. Mashing just adds damaging hits.

So you can only mash hard to deal your damage as quickly as you can, then wait for it to end. The only strategy here would be either to space it out for the hitstun, or letting go of the button if the target steps away and hope they go back so you can start mashing again.

Pretty much a nerf all around, though.

Infinity Fire seems about the same to me.
    My arm hurts so much from constant tapping.

Wonder if I can get a tri-boost out of that~

IF, BS and HC still do the same number of hits (30+4, 25 and 17, respectively), I have not tested Nazonde and Messiah Time, but I have no idea how many hits they do to begin with. I think Messiah Time is 25 hits, but it's a really hard PA to test.

I tested them with an auto-fire, so I have no idea how easier they are to perform manually. Someone in-game said 'Holding Current seems to hit twice per button press instead of once'; not tested.

Edit: if you want to test Hoding Current, use 1* wired lances with the wrong fighter stance, because no enemy that can be grabbed in this game can survive 17 hits of HC witout severely gimping yourself.
    Last edited by Hrith; Sep 6, 2013 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    Edit: if you want to test Hoding Current, use 1* wired lances with the wrong fighter stance, because no enemy that can be grabbed in this game can survive 17 hits of HC witout severely gimping yourself.
    Maybe an el arda or wonda.

Quite possibly a Luda sorcerer, but they're tricky to grab.
    PSO2 Ship 6
    HacksawJimcuttn - HU 75 | FI 75 | RA 75 | GU 75 | FO 75 | TE 75 | BR 75 | BO 75 | SU x

Queso - RA/HU