Threaded View

Default SEGA Reveals Phantasy Star Nova w/ Single Player Offline (New TGS Pics Added)

Phantasy Star Nova

From: http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-s...ystation-vita/

Here is some info gleaned from GAF:
    There are some details about the game out now, I'll add more information later if more detailed reports show up. It's confirmed that the game has a single player story mode, as well as ad-hoc multiplayer support. So this is NOT an online game. Furthermore it says that they're trying to offer a new sort of Phantasy Star experience based on tri-Ace's unique style. So hopefully this means even though it follows the PSP "formula" on the surface, it'll play like a tri-Ace game?

There's also mention that the game will take advantage of tri-Ace's speciality in soft lighting. I think this means it's going to make good use of tri-Ace's engine which is pushing Physically Based Rendering? I dunno. The core development staff for the game consists of over 70 people, while the total production involves over 200 people. Pretty large scale project. tri-Ace lives!
    A side note more people are working on this than Titan fall. This is no small undertaking. If this is what they have in store for the US then PSO2 can be a bad memory

Pics from Sega's TGS site:

Last edited by Mike; Sep 12, 2013 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Added pics