Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 27343536373839 LastLast

Thanks for sharing!

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Bubsy?! Bubsy, is that you?! I know it's supposed to be Nyau btw, but seriously - that thing looks like a wannabe Bubsy with a Kokiri Lightsaber.

there will be features such as costume destruction to add a touch of reality to it.
    Hahahaha, right.

Also, I wonder what does character creation being closer to original PSO mean, seeing how PSO2's character creator is a straight up upgrade over it. I'm guessing that it's just a lot more limited than in PSO2, and they're trying to sugar coat it by playing on nostalgia.

Clothing destruction? What about their idea of hp is a photon forcefield?

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    Hahahaha, right.

Also, I wonder what does character creation being closer to original PSO mean, seeing how PSO2's character creator is a straight up upgrade over it. I'm guessing that it's just a lot more limited than in PSO2, and they're trying to sugar coat it by playing on nostalgia.
    Seeing the gameplay in action.... does not make me have hopes for this game.

It looks to be a lot like a Ragnarok Odyssey clone, based on just how the game looks to play. And RagOd was extremely limited in playstyles and weapon choices. It, too, played on nostalgia for sales. Like literally, there was only, what, 2 bosses from Ragnarok Online; double that in the ACE version (though Lord of Death was the only one that wasn't a reskin of something else - Loli Ruri was just a reskinned Fenia/Menia, and I say this as someone who owns the game).

To summarize: I'm starting to see a pattern here. World of Warcraft had big numbers, so people went to try and copy that (for big profits, because money). Then when WoW became unpopular, Call of Duty became the next big thing to ride off of (again, because money). Now it seems like Monster Hunter is the next big "thing" to copy (again, because profits).

Heck, PSO2 may be a Vindi clone done right, but it's still VERY rough around the edges (and I put serious emphasis on the word VERY - much as I love the game, it has issues, and class balance ain't the only area I'm referring to). And if SEGA has to resort to using a MonHan/RagOd chassis with a PSO coat of paint to move units.... I'm wondering which among SEGA's management has gone senile to feel justified in pulling a stunt like this.

NOTE: Only read below if you care for a large ass semi-off topic rant.
    Spoiler!

You sure do have an angst-fueled hard-on for games using any recognizable features
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Seeing the gameplay in action.... does not make me have hopes for this game.

It looks to be a lot like a Ragnarok Odyssey clone, based on just how the game looks to play. And RagOd was extremely limited in playstyles and weapon choices. It, too, played on nostalgia for sales. Like literally, there was only, what, 2 bosses from Ragnarok Online; double that in the ACE version (though Lord of Death was the only one that wasn't a reskin of something else - Loli Ruri was just a reskinned Fenia/Menia, and I say this as someone who owns the game).

Heck, PSO2 may be a Vindi clone done right, but it's still VERY rough around the edges (and I put serious emphasis on the word VERY - much as I love the game, it has issues, and class balance ain't the only area I'm referring to). And if SEGA has to resort to using a MonHan/RagOd chassis with a PSO coat of paint to move units.... I'm wondering which among SEGA's management has gone senile to feel justified in pulling a stunt like this.
    Jeez, no. Ragnarok Odyssey isn't bad, but in no way I see anything close to it being a clone of that, just because it's the only game next to Tokkiden that might play like MH. But just because of that it doesn't mean it's a clone.

PSO always had a completely different feel from the others hitting in that area. How in gods name does PSO2 even compare to Vindictus's playstyle. I played both and really find them quite different, as PSO2 give's a much better and smoother battle system.

Do remember the only video we had seen prolly was nothing more than an Alpha build of the game, you should expect it to change. I doubt PSN is gonna play on nostalgia as what we have was barely a rough translation.

I believe what they meant was it would give players the feeling of new discoveries.

Hiding in Janthir Isle. Nilkemios's Avatar

(After reading through ALL 37 pages up to now...)

Meh. After all the times they've screwed up, I have no faith in them at all. Only if this releases in the west/in english will I even think of getting it. And even then, only after I've seen enough to determine if it would actually be a good game or not.

Of course, I don't need to worry, since with SEGA's record, anything not involving that hedgehog of theirs has almost no chance of coming out here.

They were first a competitor on the console market, then became third party with the fall of the Dreamcast, to being "that one company that created Sonic", to now "Sonic is Nintendo's bitch".

Of course the game wouldn't make it outside of Japan, if I recall somewhere in this thread it was mentioned that there were no plans to release the game as such.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

It's really too early to ask for this game to be released overseas, if it was going to be. Any company would give the usual PR "No plans" I mean check out what XSEED claimed about Senran Kagura, before it was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    I believe what they meant was it would give players the feeling of new discoveries.
    Come on, we know that those "new discoveries" will be a giant dragon, De Rol Le, Mines area, Gal Gryphon, Seabed and Olga Flow.

Also, nowadays, trying to recreate the PSO experience will brand your game as a Dark Souls clone.