Thread: Affix question

Default Affix question

well after 2 million blown, and a epic affixing failure "B.P" style, i seek advice on how exactly u go about adding 3 slots onto a weapon that has zero, I have searched and looked at all guides i'm just curious if there is any sure fire way to do it. i have aqito that i want to have quartz soul power 3 and possibly abilty 3, but Id settle with the 3rd slot being shock or pp/hp boost. So how do you make your first 3 junk slots the cheapest and fastest, and how do you make them 3 non junk slots x.x i have tried many times and sick of wasting money for 20% so i seek help from the masters of PSO pleaseeeee

To get Ability III at a good rate, you have to have Power III, Shoot III, and Technique III preset.

For Example: (X being random Abilities)

Main weapon: Quartz Soul / X / X

Fodder 1: Quartz Soul / Power III / Technique III

Fodder 2: Quartz Soul / Power III / Shoot III

The result: Quartz Soul (80%) / Power III (80%) / Ability III (60%)
    Thanks Yoshi for the Sig!

will try thankyou for quick reply!

1. Use junk with 1 slot to get 1 slot
    2. Once you have 1 slot, use junk with 2 slots to get 2 slots
    3. Once you have 2 slots, use junk with 3 slots to get 3 slots
    4. Once you have 3 slots, use 3 slot quartz soul junk to get 3 slots including quartz soul on the target item. If you fail here, repeat 1-4 as necessary until you have 3 slots including quartz soul
    5. Buy or make 2 fodders with quartz soul, power 3, and whatever else you want (unless you plan to use spirita or power boost). I forget how to affix ability, be aware that it has a low success rate too.
    6. Use a 20% affix boost to avoid terrible catastrophe.

Make sure that the affixes on your junk have 100% success rate or it'll take a lot longer.
    Arie | Ship 2 | Ignition | TA Guide (not made by me) | Inactive on this forum

There's really no great way to do it. The way it's set up, you could spend a fortune trying to increase the slots on your gear. If you have a lot of 10% affix boosters, the 2->3 transition would be the place to use them.

If you're not aware, http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/enhance_3.php#nav gives you all the info you need to calculate the rates of the affixing job you're planning to do.

Uh, as an aside, does having 2 materials with "power, tech, shoot 3" bring the ability 3 chances up to 80% instead of 60%?
    Almost 10 years later. Still forever sleep deprived.

Your item: Soul, garbage, garbage

Fodder: Soul, III, garbage

Now you have a guaranteed output of 80% soul, 80% III, and a boost item. 20% boost to make it all 100%.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Quote Originally Posted by Limbo_lag View Post
    Uh, as an aside, does having 2 materials with "power, tech, shoot 3" bring the ability 3 chances up to 80% instead of 60%?
    Nope, ability 3 can only be max 60% without boosters
    Pso2 - Ship2: Proud manager of team Celestial
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.

Question as pretty much been answered, but I'm going to correct some of the info from this post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverDT View Post
    1. Use junk with 1 slot to get 1 slot from 0 to 1, junk can have any number of affix
    2. Once you have 1 slot, use junk with 2 slots to get 2 slots junk need 1 affix actually
    3. Once you have 2 slots, use junk with 3 slots to get 3 slots 2 affix junk
    4. Once you have 3 slots, use 3 slot quartz soul junk to get 3 slots including quartz soul on the target item. If you fail here, repeat 1-4 as necessary until you have 3 slots including quartz soul
    5. Buy or make 2 fodders with quartz soul, power 3, and whatever else you want (unless you plan to use spirita or power boost). I forget how to affix ability, be aware that it has a low success rate too.
    6. Use a 20% affix boost to avoid terrible catastrophe.

Make sure that the affixes on your junk have 100% success rate or it'll take a lot longer.
    And no one seem to have mentionned it, but using 2 fooder instead of 1 when opening affix slot reduce the affix'ing nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmind View Post
    And no one seem to have mentionned it, but using 2 fooder instead of 1 when opening affix slot reduce the affix'ing nerf.
    Except when expanding to 1 slot from 0, even using two sacrificial items will be a 20% penalty, same as using only one.

But yeah, make sure not to use status effects or souls, even if they're trash they still have a lower chance to transfer.