Page 206 of 4681 FirstFirst ... 1061561962032042052062072082092162563067061206 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 46801

What does it mean the "w" I see the japanese including in some of their phrases? They do it all the time and I was wondering. Is it akin to the "no" character when making a party?

"w" is the japanese way of saying "lol"

If it's a ^ ^ (rather than a W) then that's just a Japanese-style smiley emoticon. They often do that like we do : ) or =)

I've seen that since back in the original PSO (when the servers were all merged, NA, EU and JP) and also in FFXI.

"W' may be a shorthand way of typing ^ ^

I'm having a problem with my character's skin color. When I create him, it looks fine, but in game his skin is too white, almost gray. Anyone else have this problem? I tried to adjust it, but ends up looking pink. Is there a color setting, im missing to adjust?

Quote Originally Posted by Takaaaa View Post
    I'm having a problem with my character's skin color. When I create him, it looks fine, but in game his skin is too white, almost gray. Anyone else have this problem? I tried to adjust it, but ends up looking pink. Is there a color setting, im missing to adjust?
    Lighting in the salon is the issue.

Lighting in the salon and out of the salon are different therefore making your character looking a bit because of the lighting and several other stuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Edson Drake View Post
    What does it mean the "w" I see the japanese including in some of their phrases? They do it all the time and I was wondering. Is it akin to the "no" character when making a party?
    "w" is short for warau (笑う), the verb for laughing/smiling, or warai (笑い) which means laughter or a smile.
    The more "w", the more laughs or smiles. Sometimes you'll see the kanji (笑) instead of "w".

Japanese people use keyboards like ours, so they have to type "wara" in English letters. It's faster to just type "w".
    For that reason, you'll sometimes see Japanese people using other abbreviations that consist entirely of English letters or numbers.
    Examples include "kwsk" for "kuwasiku", "wktk" for "wakuwaku tekateka", "39" for "sankyuu" (thank you), or "8888" for "pachi pachi pachi pachi" (sfx for clapping applause).
    There are various sites around the internet that list those abbreviations.

Anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Dec 4, 2013 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HIT0SHI View Post
    Here's a few examples:
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Google is your friend~!
    Keep it mind it clips through the right ear allegedly...
    I did google, I just wanted to see it in game to see how it flowed if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I personally found that the white-edged version (long ribbon A) tends to go with more outfits than the black rim.
    For example: black Heartbreaker, black Pure Maid Dress, probably most black outfits, the yukatas, etc.
    The black-edged version (long ribbon B) goes well with the white Pure Maid Dress and the white Crazy Kitten. Works with Rin's Absolute Layer too.

Might be different depending on your skin and hair colors.

Thanks for the input. I just wanted something rare. I've been looking for this for days in filled blocks and never saw one in game so I mostly just got it for the rarity of it. I think it looks decent with my outfit:

Spoiler!
    Jack - Ship 2 - Killer Panda

I got some questions about the boss Blu Ringahada...
    1. Is there any reason to breaking his weapons?
    2. As a force, what should I be doing during this fight?
    3. What's the general strategy to be killing this guy?

My group seems to take way too long and has way too much trouble killing this thing and we feel like we're missing something. We know you can destroy the rings to stun him. Is there anything else to know about this guy?
    PSO:BB - Shelburz - 3x EXP server GM

1. breaking both rings stun him, like how breaking one of the shells on ragne's legs will stun him or the crystal on the tail of the vol dragon, most if not all enemies have some sort of part which you can break to stun them

2. buffs before fight and using light-type offensive spells, I guess

3. he has an annoying map-covering attack that sweeps black tornado thingies across the battlefield, if he has both his rings, I'd stay close to him so you can dash or teleport behind him as he starts using it, if he only has one ring though, you could probably outrun it as it only comes from one direction as opposed to both, he's fast and very annoying

again destroying the rings stun him as well as only having one makes him unable to use the more powerful version of the sweeping attack so you should at least try to focus on destroying one

Also, the core english patch isn't working for me, and I got the latest english patch. I could deal with the rest of the japanese, but the cores I definitely need for the meuns and stuff.

Anyone else have the problem?