Page 631 of 4681 FirstFirst ... 13153158162162862963063163263363464168173111311631 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,310 of 46801

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    edit: I'm pretty sure you can stack two banishing arrows on the same enemy, providing one is charged and the other is uncharged. Bob did it in a Naberius 2 against Ragne a while ago.
    Would need to see a video, because I can't pull it off
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    Yes.

edit: I'm pretty sure you can stack two banishing arrows on the same enemy, providing one is charged and the other is uncharged. Bob did it in a Naberius 2 against Ragne a while ago.
    I just tested it, you can. I did normal to JA into charged 1st Banishing Arrow > Last Nemesis > JA into second Banishing Arrow (uncharged). It barely hit in time before the explosion went off, but I did get the damage off (with I guess one extra stacked JA bonus). Probably would have been smarter to do charged > uncharged > last nemesis, I dunno.

edit: hmm, I can't seem to reproduce it lol. I know it definitely worked the first time, though. I only fired those three shots, and the last BA was what killed the boss. Caterdran also a really crappy target to test on lol.
    Last edited by omgwtflolbbl; May 6, 2014 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by omgwtflolbbl View Post
    JA into second Banishing Arrow (uncharged). It barely hit in time before the explosion went off, but I did get the damage off
    The timing after Last Nemesis isn't nearly that strict. You would have had to be at max range to the enemy or something (which is an unfeasible thing on a Caterdran)

Assuming you're even right about what you saw. Was the second explosion 3 seconds after, or instantly stacked with the first?
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

how useful is wired lance gear?

check out my website below
    http://frewinhu.weebly.com/

What's a good Photon Blast for Rangers?

Quote Originally Posted by infiniteeverlasting View Post
    tested with
    heavenly fall:
    non-gear: 1200 initially 4000 when thrown down,
    geared: 1200 ish initially 7000 on the thrown down

Current hold:
    non-gear:900-1300 per hit
    Gear:1300-1700 per hit

Quote Originally Posted by infiniteeverlasting View Post
    It substantially boosts the damage of all the PAs that actually use it. I'm guessing it's a lot nicer now that Hunters have Fury Gear.

Quote Originally Posted by invadrgir View Post
    What's a good Photon Blast for Rangers?
    You've basically got six options:

Ajax P: What you'll get by default if you're building a pure ranged Mag, which is what you're probably doing if you have a Ranger. May go for the wrong target sometimes, but it's otherwise pretty handy to slap a boss with.

Ajax I: I'm not actually sure how well this handles after the PB rework, but it used to be respectable for the fact that it never -missed- things. But PBs tend to be more accurate now, and it splits the attacks between enemies in a crowd, meaning a single target rarely eats all of the damage.

Ajax N: Has the same issue as Ajax I, wherein it'll split the damage up if you fire it in a crowd. At the very least, the shots don't lazily wander off and crash into distant mountains like they used to.

Julius I: Also never misses, but with the added bonus of dealing full damage to everything it hits. It's also really friggin' pretty, like Über Grants or something. That said, there's still a chance it'll stab adds instead of the boss in a boss fight, but it's not -that- frequent.

Ilios I: I haven't seen a whole lot of this, but the Ilios PBs all work similarly. It'll follow you around and specifically attack the same target as you. The Imera version in particular scales with R-ATK and is ranged, so... yeah.

Ketos P: Previously known as The Only Photon Blast That Matters, prior to the revamp. Gives a bit of healing over time for the duration, and massive PP regen to you and nearby players - but you still only regen when you're not attacking. Still handy if you're a Weak Bullet slave and don't want to get weird looks for running a trap build.

For reference, Wired Lance Gear boosts grapple PAs, and is built by all non-grapple attacks. For 1 SP you won't find anything better to boost WL damage.

Around what level should I start worrying about having the best gear (weapons with high R-ATK and best abilities tied to it), and also is it common for higher level players to have the best weapon available?

No it's not common for a level 70 to sport the best weapon available.

Why? RNG is a horrible betch. You might have enough money if you only leveled through time attack COs and got premium, but it doesn't find you the 11*/10* weapon/unit trading passes you're going to need as well.

There is, however, "decently strong" stuff.

You should start worrying when you hit level 50, where you should have played enough VH to obtain at least one 10* weapon.