Page 1069 of 4681 FirstFirst ... 6956996910191059106610671068106910701071107210791119116915692069 ... LastLast
Results 10,681 to 10,690 of 46801

When a Zeshrayda is knocked over on his back, which side gets the Brave Stance bonus and which side gets the Wise Stance bonus? I never know what side to be on when hitting the core as a Fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    When a Zeshrayda is knocked over on his back, which side gets the Brave Stance bonus and which side gets the Wise Stance bonus? I never know what side to be on when hitting the core as a Fighter.
    I think Brave/Wise are dependant on where its eyes are. So, the Core would be Brave Stance bonus. Consider the enemy's LoS or, Line of Sight. If you're behind its LoS, Wise Stance plays into effect. In front of it, Brave Stance.
    Hatsodoom Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Hatsodoom View Post
    I can't figure out how Diffuse Shell works. Sometimes it does 1.5k, sometimes over 6k. What gives?
    6k is when you're hitting a weakspot. 1.5k is when you are not.

I can't figure out how Diffuse Shell works. Sometimes it does 1.5k, sometimes over 6k. What gives?
    its a bit harder hit the weak point with diffuse shell

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    I feel like RA was /nerfed/ because it feels like it has less unconditional damage.

It just feels so much slower than other classes (post-ep3), requiring more work/tricky aiming for less damage.
    No, Ranger got nothing but buffed. Satellite Cannon and Cosmos Breaker can still one shot everything they did before (although the gear bar is a little higher), WB is still as broken as ever since Impact Slider and Homing Emission got buffed pretty hard, along with everything else in the game. Just because it takes a little more work doesn't mean it's any worse. It's way better than it was beforehand, for sure.

It's funny because Force got buffed pretty hard too, and Force/Ranger were already the most broken classes in Episode 2.

SEGA logic. Their balancing act with Episode 3 didn't put everything on equal ground at all, it just introduced new FOTMs.

(ok that was a bit of a tangent, but yeah)

Also for Zesh, the half where his legs are is Brave, and the half where his head is is Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    If you are literally hugging the core, it's Wise. If you stand a bit further towards its feet/tail, then you can get Brave.

Either I'm doing something wrong, or Ranger is rediculously underpowered. So question is, other than Satillite Cannon, what are good rifle PAs?

Yes, Ranger for sure is NOT under-powered.

If you know how to play the class it's definitely top-tier; you should have no problems disposing trash-mobs, or exterminating bosses within seconds. The good thing about Ranger is that they have answers to every situation and can kill things fast.

When you play as Ranger, remember that 90% of the time, you will be in TPS-mode (that way you can have more control of where too shoot and will more likely get head-shots), and you should ALWAYS pre-load WB's now that Ranger has "Bullet Keep". Note that when you play Ranger, you should be aiming for head-shots whenever possible.

I also recommend getting "Gravity Bomb" (mini-zondeel) and Stun-Grenade since they're only 1 Skill Point each; they're definitely useful.

These will be your "To-Go-To" PA's:

Cluster Bullet: great damage, pretty big AoE.

Divine Launcher: note when using this PA, it's better not to aim it directly at the enemy (or group of enemies), but rather aim it at the ground right in front of it. That way, you're more likely to get a head-shot because the small AoE.

Diffuse Shell: Good when there are many enemies that are too close too you; damage is good.

Satellite Cannon: nothing needs to be said about this... we know it's good.

Homing Emission (Bossing): for sure, the advent of Satellite Cannon has not rendered HE obsolete, especially when it comes to solo-ing fast-moving-bosses. WB--->HE is still very effective. In order to use S.C. effectively, you need A LOT of time, however with HE you can dish out a lot of damage while still being mobile; SH Vardha comes to mind, for example, where there are tons of stuff trying to kill you when you solo as ranger: you can, without destroying any "unncessary parts" and go straight for the kill, by using WB--->HE on his Primary-Center-Big-Gun when he opens up his Chest plate, and then WB-->HE again on his exposed core; you'd be surprised how fast he dies.

Impact Slider: good damage; good to use to get in range for HE or Diffuse Shell.

Rodeo Dive: good damage, good to use when you need to "get the hell away" from a group of mobs.

Cosmo Breaker: Slow but good and Strong PA to use. Consider getting the Photon Blast Julius Nifta (the zondeel PB) so that you can: PB (Julius Nifta)----> Cosmo Breaker. Good for mobbing when you have too many shits on the screen or for PE-Bursts.

Additional Bullet (Gunslash): still somewhat good for mobbing, but now that Launcher has been sufficiently buffed (and good), I don't use it as much... but it's still very viable though.

One last note: Ranger is believed to be more of a "support" role, but keep in mind that you can play VERY offensively with it. That's the one thing I like about Ranger, you have the choice of playing Support, Offense, or Defense. And of course, the whole MPA will thank you for WB.

But here's a caveat when playing Ranger: A good Ranger (like Forces) can either make-or-break a MPA. If you have a bad ranger that's WB-ing the wrong places (or not using it at all), using wrong PA's for the wrong situation, well, the whole MPA's gonna suffer in that an EQ: an EQ that should take a minute or so suddenly turns into 5 minutes, MPA's become scattered or disorganized because WB's are placed everywhere. So basically what I'm trying to say, is that in order to play Ranger effectively, you need good "general knowledge" about the game and the type of enemies, not just you, but the whole MPA is up against. Perhaps I'm stretching it a little bit, but to be a good Ranger, you have to somewhat be a good leader and have good judgment.
    Last edited by Evangelion X.XX; Sep 13, 2014 at 07:49 PM.

What I'm saying is that it got worse for playability for me.

Now I have even less reason to go ranger if I have to work with clunky PAs, slow PAs, or PAs that require very very specific aiming and only the ability to dive roll to dodge when I could go force or any melee class and have step dashing or mirage escape as well as many PAs that take a lot less effort and are a lot less likely to be fumbled/wasted.

But that's just my gameplay-feel preference. RA isn't a class that I can just spin my mouse and press Q to instantly target enemies and attack them quickly, nor against bosses unless they have a targetable head or something. And launchers not allowing movement while attacking just makes me constantly feel behind everyone else I party with. Nor can I really aim at things off-screen behind myself reliably.

Basically, this is the same problem I was having with FO a while ago while Gu and Br were still OP.

Been having a lot of fun with FO now that more than 2 spells are viable now.
    Last edited by Chdata; Sep 13, 2014 at 08:23 PM.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

is the eq thats coming up at 10 "pitch black" the mothership one or the new one?

Pure 175 R-Atk Mag for GuRa and GuHu?