Page 4069 of 4681 FirstFirst ... 3069356939694019405940664067406840694070407140724079411941694569 ... LastLast
Results 40,681 to 40,690 of 46801

Quote Originally Posted by reaper527 View Post
    (if you were running a month ago, you could have also stacked some chocolates in there for your attack type of choice)
    All of those chocolates expired when the Valentine's Day EQ went away (RIP Phaleg chocolates). However, there are still other buffs that can help with Solo PD, like Fruit Tarts/Vegetable Rations, Meat Stir Fry, and ARKS Fleet timed abilities,
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

I have one (1) Ragol Memory. What do I get?
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    nothing with only one but if you get several you can exchange them for vanilla PSO items in the badge exchange shop

Does Tsuyogari roll (less damage taken from bosses) stacks with itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    nothing with only one but if you get several you can exchange them for vanilla PSO items in the badge exchange shop
    There are many items that you can purhase with a single Ragol Memory, like music discs and section ID emblems.

As for what to choose, I don't think anyone can decide for you.

I personally spent one on the Forest music disc, if that helps.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

You get a cookie

No but seriously, if you're into music in your room, get some OG PSO music, but not the ones that can be sold in shops since you, well buy them in shops.

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    My team consists of Me, Myself and I, so my tree doesn't give much. I should have used Ragrant instead of Ilgrant on the PD 2nd form, I just kept playing it safe not remembering that the first form is the Fo killer.
    Brilliant Ilgrants isn't that far behind Ragrants right now, although I still prefer Ragrants against PD. Precharged Ilgrants is a good opener though, ~2000 damage to start off vs 1180, then switch to Ragrants for DPS. Ilgrants has a few quirks unfortunately however, like infuriatingly passing through PD's head if you/talis are too close to it.

Another tip that might be helpful is trying to land compounds during PD's hyper armor moves. While it's nice to throw out Baran as soon as it's available, I find that it often breaks parts and causes PD to recoil, wasting a ton of damage. The downside of course is that you risk being hit.

Also using Grants against Double during spins or takeoffs builds up a good bit of damage to shave off seconds from your final time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexorcet View Post
    Brilliant Ilgrants isn't that far behind Ragrants right now, although I still prefer Ragrants against PD. Precharged Ilgrants is a good opener though, ~2000 damage to start off vs 1180, then switch to Ragrants for DPS. Ilgrants has a few quirks unfortunately however, like infuriatingly passing through PD's head if you/talis are too close to it.

Another tip that might be helpful is trying to land compounds during PD's hyper armor moves. While it's nice to throw out Baran as soon as it's available, I find that it often breaks parts and causes PD to recoil, wasting a ton of damage. The downside of course is that you risk being hit.

Also using Grants against Double during spins or takeoffs builds up a good bit of damage to shave off seconds from your final time.
    assuming perfect craft, it's a 4% dps difference, so i'd still only use ragrants for stationary ppc/super treatment scenarios even in pd.

something i've noticed with ilgrants specifically, as you mentioned, is that it appears not to cause damage sometimes when in fact it still is. the numbers will just be off-camera in an obscure location for god knows what reason. for example during humanoid PD down, the numbers will appear far below him near the bottom of his body. i've also noticed this for magatsu and deus as well. whenever the tech is released very close to the hitbox that it will land on, the numbers seem to appear at the boss's central hitbox though are still doing damage to whatever you hit. i've shotguned an ilgrants on a deus hydra to see numbers pop up far away in the middle of the arena, then the hydra died anyway. truely bizarre coding, but at least damage is still happening l0l.

regarding using barantsion on PD, there are several good spots to use it at:
    1) right at the start, first part. if you're scared pop massive hunter to not get knocked out.
    2) exposed part after phase1 transition, but with a caveat. if you only broke 2 parts during phase1, do NOT use baran on the next one as this will trigger PD to retreat and expose bits. only use baran on parts 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8 (5, 7, 8 only really relevant for soloing EQ version). parts 3 and 6 breaking triggers retreat -> bits always.
    3) persona

i personally have used baran to kill double, zandion to kill humanoid phase bits, then baran on persona to good success. the fastest times use ilgrants to finish double, baran on opening part after the part is panicked (due to ilgrants rng), zandion persona.

Oh if it's still doing damage that changes things. I just assumed it had no effect if I didn't see the numbers.

I also tend to use Baran on Double and Persona, and then try to squeeze whatever I can in the cooldown between. I haven't had much luck trying to take down Double with regular techs, but then again it's not something I aim for intentionally. My times are definitely not up to par with the best speed runners, I just figured out how to get S rank for myself and stuck to that formula.

I plan to max out my main character...

is there any point to a 200 Dex mag, at all?
    if so, what are its uses?