Page 4669 of 4681 FirstFirst ... 3669416945694619465946664667466846694670467146724679 ... LastLast
Results 46,681 to 46,690 of 46801

Quote Originally Posted by AzureBlaze View Post
    Don't know if this is exactly a quick question but:
    The game doesn't open AT ALL any more?
    Ever since this graphics upgrade I've heard people hate the graphic, get plugins broken and have game to crash but what about it just...not working any more in any way?
    I have had the Tweaker to do all checks on files (big one, takes over 1 hour)
    Tweaker troubleshoot
    Got 91 missed files fixed
    Got this week's update (From Tues)
    And watched the Windows Task Manager as I tried to open it.
    Tweaker - "All ready you can launch", push the launch button > NProtect Gameguard comes out/normal, > little square pso2 logo comes in the middle of the screen > gfx card fans go up a bit as it always does and then....
    Nothing. The TaskManager delists the GG & PSO2 tasks, fans go back down and literally nothing happens. Tweaker continues to run in the background until you TaskManager to close it. No errors ever happen, nothing crashes or goes wrong. Everything just vanishes within 15 seconds.

I've looked around for help but anyone who has this blames the Microsoftstore because they're on NA's.
    I wouldn't be worked up about this but I did pay premium & at least want to be able to play till it runs out right before NGS comes out.
    Any hints on something to try would be much appreciated
    How old is your CPU? With the update, the game will no longer run if your CPU does not support AVX, so "CPUs like Intel Pentium and Celeron series and CPUs released before 2011 like "AMD Phenom II" and "Intel Core 2" series can't run PSO2 anymore." (Ezodagrom, Quick Questions Thread post#46710)

snip
    Additionally, check if your antivirus for whatever reason interferes with launching the game. There was a time some years ago when Avast would block pso2.exe from running on my pc.
    Try changing some settings to their "default" low values. For example the game might have conflicting information about Borderless Fullscreen at a non-native resolution for your monitor, so try setting it to Fullscreen.
    Ensure you have set the game to run on your primary monitor.
    Rename the folder at "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONL INE2" to something else so that you force the game to create it from scratch in case any of the files there is corrupted.

*The game should have invented an error message for this circumstance.
    This post is now an explainer for anyone in a similar circumstance where PSO2 just disappears when launched.

Thank you for this info!
    Why is the CPU such a deal breaker just because someone put AVX. I thought it was the graphics card that mattered and mine is really good.
    I did check and I have the AMD Pheom 9150e Quad Core 1.80 GHZ
    But because the windows system is 64 bit and now the game is also 64 bit I thought it would work.
    I have now looked up the age of the AMD Phenom 9150e and it says it might have been July of 2008.
    So.
    I have to buy another of CPU.
    But first, learn how to do that.
    https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews...uide,5643.html
    But it has to fit into the motherboard you already had so it was named "Product Gateway RS780" Which was maybe 2011.
    And answers from 2013 say that it might not work with more CPU's from 2015. So buy another motherboard too? Because CPU won't fit into it.
    And so a CPU is like $200 and a motherboard that isn't some weird off-brand is like $200. And maybe pay 100 to get someone to install it all because idk. That's like halfway to another whole PC by that point.

So now I gotta pay 400 to play this game again??
    I had no idea this was going to happen, I thought a good graphics card could fix everything and paid premium again so I'd have it till NGS. The good Xbox that has it is like 500 dollars so only 100 more to start over when NGS comes. Meh. Actually really sad now/never see my max level chars again. Wanted to at least tell anyone on the friends list.

What's odd is that they didn't make an error message for if this happens?
    You'd think the game would at least cough out an error box saying "well no because X" instead of just putting on a vanishing act.

Thank you also Dark Mits: This WAS the reason I got rid of Avast back in the day! I have Windows Defender now and it has never kicked up any sort of a fuss. This is still good advice though and I have deterred others from getting Avast when they wanted PSO2 .

TLDR: Compy was older than I thought.

Why is the CPU such a deal breaker just because someone put AVX. I thought it was the graphics card that mattered and mine is really good.
    I did check and I have the AMD Pheom 9150e Quad Core 1.80 GHZ
    Graphics card is what matters the most, but that doesn't mean that the CPU doesn't matter, CPU especially matters when it comes to games with large environments.
    If it wasn't for the AVX requirement, maybe your CPU would still be enough for the PSO2 graphics update, but I really don't think it would be enough to handle the NGS large environments.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Graphics card is what matters the most, but that doesn't mean that the CPU doesn't matter, CPU especially matters when it comes to games with large environments.
    If it wasn't for the AVX requirement, maybe your CPU would still be enough for the PSO2 graphics update, but I really don't think it would be enough to handle the NGS large environments.
    Also worth noting a CPU upgrade will go a long way more than a GPU upgrade will for 1080p gaming.
    Linka, JP Ship 2 Etoile main, all classes level 100

Did Sega mention when they want to fix saving / loading fashion?

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Did Sega mention when they want to fix saving / loading fashion?
    Nope, nothing yet, I would not be surprised if Arks Layer gets the full english patch and plugins working first.
    Linka, JP Ship 2 Etoile main, all classes level 100

snip
    You don't need to pay that much for it. I dunno how good of a GPU you have, I bought a Pro Desk with an I5 4570 and got a LP 1050TI and snapped the bracket off fit it in. It was about $250 and runs everything pretty well.
    Seems accurate. This is the new one.
    v2.567486457.968

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    Your best bet is PSO2 SWiki: https://pso2.swiki.jp/

Here is a Google Translate link of the same site: https://translate.google.com/transla...search&pto=aue
    Thanks, man.

Also, I need just one thing to complete my character. Is there somewhere on the forum appropriate to ask for a trade or can I do that here? I don't really know where to ask and I HATE the PSO Discord something *fierce*.
    What I want is either not in the player shop or so ludicrously overpriced, there's no possible way to get it before some fiend with that kind of money nabs it.
    Last edited by Gourd; Mar 15, 2021 at 06:54 PM.

Anyone else not being able to select a previously saved "my fashion" at all since patch?
    i dont mind not using it but the thing is it wont even let me delete it at all