Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

"Free to play" does not mean "You are supposed to play free".

Players are expected to pay for the services in game, so players should expect a professional service in all aspects of the game.

"The game is Free to Play" is a really bad argument and really should never be thrown around, because that's saying SEGA can make silly / dumb moves and apparently they're ok, right?

Works the other way: too many people act like SEGA owes them anything. It's their game, everything that happens online belongs to them. 'SEGA can make stupid moves and get away with saying the game is free' is not literally an invalid argument, but it's no less subjective.

People should drop the mentality that can be summed up as: 'I did not get everything I myself personally expected, so I'll call SEGA a crappy company/PSO2 a silly game'.

Strawman at it's finest.

Eww so the new xq pass thing is just from catalyst and not through my shop. That's lame....Well hopefully the new 11* xq weapons are worthwhile...come on 11* all class bow

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArcher View Post
    And yet the game is free to play..
    Ah, another of those "it's free, it's not profiting in any way from all the people paying tons of cash for it, nor the ad revenue everytime we see a loading screen, which means all the people providing the service must be doing this out of the goodness of their hearts, so nobody has any right to complain because it should be immune to criticism for the reasons above" people.

Step one in "how to trick ignorant customers into willingly defending your product or service against criticism without being paid to do so":
    Slap the word "free" somewhere on your product or service. It doesn't matter if it isn't actually free. They will believe it is, without question.
    Then watch with glee as they sacrifice themselves and jump into battle to become your personal shields and bodyguards, for free.

If you couldn't already tell, it also works if you tell your country's citizens they are "free".
    It's just something people want to believe and will fight to defend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    Works the other way: too many people act like SEGA owes them anything. It's their game, everything that happens online belongs to them. 'SEGA can make stupid moves and get away with saying the game is free' is not literally an invalid argument, but it's no less subjective.

People should drop the mentality that can be summed up as: 'I did not get everything I myself personally expected, so I'll call SEGA a crappy company/PSO2 a silly game'.
    The problem is that many people do have VALID CONCERNS that are immediately dismissed using the ridiculous complaints as an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyly HUmar View Post
    Maybe im missing something but what are they thinking?
    Everything makes sense when you realize that many of the options in the game are designed to trick you into making irreversible mistakes that can only be repaired by repeating the same content over and over (or paying real money). It keeps people playing and paying, all according to plan.

For example, a person thinks they could spare an item to trade and subconsciously trusts SEGA for putting the option to exchange in - after all, why would they put it in if it wasn't beneficial or convenient in some way? They have pro game designers and testers, right? But then the person realizes afterwards that it was a terrible decision, and have to go back and redo it all over again.

Most people won't even blame SEGA for tempting them with poor design decisions, they will just blame themselves for falling for it, and others will blame them too.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Sep 14, 2013 at 10:44 PM.

Going F2P is not a free pass to designing the game in a really shitty manner. I don't disagree with the model of the game preferring you to pay money and whatnot, but even paying money in this game will not fix shitty drop rates and a terrible grinding and affixing system. It's inexcusable garbage.

Really people if this had a sub sega would do the same shit. Have you forgotten PSU?

It wouldn't change anything except for the mentality that now they couldn't get away with this shit (and they still did and they still are).

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MetalDude View Post
    Going F2P is not a free pass to designing the game in a really shitty manner. I don't disagree with the model of the game preferring you to pay money and whatnot, but even paying money in this game will not fix shitty drop rates and a terrible grinding and affixing system. It's inexcusable garbage.
    The current drop rates make rares actually rare,grinding gear makes even a meh weapon worth more money and finding stuff with good affixes are worth money. I mean the game is pretty easy as is do you really think Sega should just hold your fucking hand and make this easier too?

Drop rates are low/random. So are grind success rates. If you don't agree, don't play. But stop saying SEGA is stupid. As I said before, I'm really tired of those young whiners expecting everything to be done for them. Yeah, it takes a lot of time and money to get the desired weapon and to grind it to +10 but that's the way Pso2 works. You scum were crying on another topic because the game was too easy and now you're crying because one aspect of it is too hard. F*CK !