Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How possible would it be to mod the character creator...

... to show accessories and hairstyles and pretty much anything else ticket-based?

I've been waiting on SEGAC to give us some kind of sensible preview functionality, but it appears to be in their best interest to have us blindly pay for them and use them instead.

I'm actually interested in this as well.
    Player ID: Skycross
    Characters: Valifor || Reza || Kamika
    Ship: 2

Pretty much all of the tickets and costumes can be previewed on the official site. And while they could probably stick all the ticket based items in to the character creator, it would misrepresent what you actually can start with in game.
    Last edited by Mike; Sep 26, 2013 at 09:22 PM.

I think what people want is to be able to preview them on their own characters. This is something I don't see happening at all though. At least not from a 3rd party.

I think you still need the encryption code so you can reencrypt stuff.
    Exception would be if the character creator executable recognized unpacked data, but I don't think it does.
    Character creator uses the same encryption as the full version.
    The people who know the encryption won't share it because they don't want everyone hacking PSO2 to bits.

It would essentially ruin the game because it's one of those games that handles a lot of things locally, like Vindictus.
    For proof, pull out your internet while you're playing.
    You can keep fighting and running around, it just doesn't acknowledge damage and stuff like that.

To allow modding would allow cheating, basically.
    For example, with Vindictus, you could pretty much customize anything related to in-battle mechanics.
    One shot enemies, custom spells, etc.
    Nexon eventually protected against it by making the game especially anal about any kind of modified files.
    If SEGA were to do that, you can kiss the English patch goodbye.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Sep 26, 2013 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I think you still need the encryption code so you can reencrypt stuff.
    So it uses asymmetric encryption? That sounds ridiculously expensive to me.

I thought it would definitely use symmetric encryption.

if someone interested in code wanted they could easily create a "character creator" that could assemble combinations of images of each accessory with each clothing etc...

as a 2d dressing up app.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post
    if someone interested in code wanted they could easily create a "character creator" that could assemble combinations of images of each accessory with each clothing etc...

as a 2d dressing up app.
    I doubt you even need to do much coding for that... there is probably a program online that you can just throw images into for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I think what people want is to be able to preview them on their own characters. This is something I don't see happening at all though. At least not from a 3rd party.
    This. We haven a costume previewer but not accessory. Man dont u regret buying that 3m meseta accessory sometimes?

I never had a problem with that sense I know most of the cool accessories I buy will go good with the hair which are mostly the cool ones and also reg body accessories.

This is why I don't buy those big whacky hairs cause they clip with some of those acc and look bat shit fugly. I guess I really don't understand ppls taste in these hairs sometimes lol.

Guess I am just fortunate Wild pony, Eternal F prime examples of hairs that look good with just about any head accessory.

Sig by Gama