Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Quote Originally Posted by Rexob View Post
    I'll rephrase - getting the top gear requires paying and/or playing at a top level I know of players who actually farmed their own Y9K...I also know players who just bought one - this is before the welfare W & R EQ.
    Ive played for almost 4500 hours, all ive ever done is grind and farm, i have never even had someone in my room find a 10* with a 650 attack req. Its all luck and money.

Credit to MissMalice for the sig.
    Hunter: 65 Fighter: 65
    Retired Classes: Ranger: 40 Gunner: 40
    Force: 40 Techer: 40
    0 on everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterPrincess View Post
    I'm certain higher latent ability level tend to give you higher than usual penalty for failing. It's definitely apparent during level 3.
    Latent has nothing to do with lower grind rates.

Yeah, forget about the higher latent ability thing I suggested.
    On another account, I just got a level 3 Yasminkov 9000M from 0 to +10 with only 5 or 6 failures.
    Used 3x5%, 3x+2 and 2x+1 (both succeeded).

Damn random number generation.
    Proves that one person can be lucky as hell and others will get totally utterly screwed for no reason whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Yeah, forget about the higher latent ability thing I suggested.
    On another account, I just got a level 3 Yasminkov 9000M from 0 to +10 with only 5 or 6 failures.
    Used 3x5%, 3x+2 and 2x+1 (both succeeded).

Damn random number generation.
    Proves that one person can be lucky as hell and others will get totally utterly screwed for no reason whatsoever.
    Which would be fine if success was guaranteed, I guess. All anyone wants is some consistency

I've got steam knuckles that wouldn't grind, and I've got a latria rain I +10ed with 0 failures.

Yes, that's right, I have a latria rain that went 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10. With zero failures. No boosts, no protects. One swift series of enter button mashing, on a whim. (This was after my stray blower ate down like 2-3 stacks of grinders in one sitting, I had 45 grinders left and figured why the fuck not - I'll just grind till it fails)

People tryna tell me the RNG isn't bullshit make me guffaw heartily.

edit: That experience made me actually wonder if weapons come with a hidden grind modifier. Some weapons just won't break past +4, even across multiple weeks. Others go straight to 8 and stay there. It could all be random, but it would sure explain the game's propensity for streaks.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Sep 26, 2013 at 08:06 AM.

I think some weapons are just going to fail no matter what. Its like the defective one of the batch.

{Theme: Infinite Legends}
    RadiantAim: When did you get here?
    LegendAim: Wow he actually leveled him
    LordAim: Hai gaiz

Food for thought: Even with +5% boost, both taking 200k and taking 2m to get to +10 fall within one standard deviation of the average!

surprisingly it helps some. i got a bunch of 10*'s to +10 with relative ease
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

+10'd two 10*s with about the same amount of grinders that it used to take me to +10 one 10*. Gonna say the 5% helped.

Attributing though? Doodoo I have a word with you on that.

The nature of random number generation ensures that some people will be ridiculously rich, and others will be ridiculously poor.
    There is no way for the poor to catch up unless they get lucky. By that time, it's too late.
    Over time, the rich become richer because the more money you have, the more you can manipulate prices, the more assets you can own, and the more money you can gain from reselling.
    As prices go up, the unlucky become even poorer.

The intent of random is to create simple variation, but in the big picture it creates severe imbalance, inconsistency and unfairness.
    PSO2 would be a far better game if it had more consistency instead of relying so heavily on random for virtually every single mechanic in the entire game.

I think the map design would probably also benefit from consistency.
    I always feel like the current maps feel empty and meaningless. I yearn for the city from the PSO2 internal beta.

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    surprisingly it helps some. i got a bunch of 10*'s to +10 with relative ease
    It does help some, but you can still be unlucky as hell.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Sep 26, 2013 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantLegend View Post
    I think some weapons are just going to fail no matter what. Its like the defective one of the batch.
    Tell me about it...

This took me about 700k:
    Spoiler!

Already had the fire 50 on the surus before the event.

This used up 500k:
    Notice the lack of abilities
    Spoiler!
    From ship 1 with love!