• PSU

31 19.75%
  • PSO

40 25.48%
  • Other

12 7.64%
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpen Thingy View Post
    sub classing, aqs, xqs, cheaper to grind cheaper and affix, has a daily income due to TAs giving out good money,wayyyyyyyy more character creation options,all of it done within a year and theres plenty of other things I haven't mentioned in there. Now what did PSU do besides add 2 classes that were meh,added just attacks which should have been there from the start for melee,a grinding system that went from your weapon going bye bye to it just breaking over and over with no way to fix it,and some new hairs? oh wait? That's all PSU did in the first year?
    If you really want to go into real detail on which one has changed more within its first year I can continue but saying PSU was better than PSO2 in its first year is fanboy retardation at its finest.
    Half of this should have been launch content and you know it. The other half, yeah, that counts for new content.

Better grinding, reasonable element synthesizing, TAs existing, subclassing, and one or two other things I can't think of off the top of my head should have been launch content.

New areas, story stuff (hahahahaha), AQs, XQs, falz, new codes, etc. all count as real, tangible new content...kind of. A lot of it didn't really seem tangible, like the new areas. It seemed more like new models for the same stuff, especially areas like FC which simply reused the better part of its enemies. It felt more like a reskin, about as shallow as the light themed reskin of that one dark map in PSU that made me laugh and uninstall the first time I saw it.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Oct 2, 2013 at 12:01 PM.

We're going on a tangent here.

Point was that PSU really had nothing going for it in its first year. The game consisted pretty much entirely of running the same optimal area(s) over and over and over again, a situation that mirrors PSO2's in its entirety, except with the added bonus that the core gameplay was even more dull. They didn't even add Just Attacks until AotI was released, something I find entirely baffling in retrospect.

And just to put things in perspective - a lot of people put thousands of hours into PSO2. That is an obscene, ridiculous, absolutely insane amount of playtime. There's a reason players like this are called 'content locusts', and frankly, many will never be satisfied.

But no doubt the game can improve dramatically, if they just make the right changes. It still bemuses me that they haven't done so, considering they undoubtedly get tons of feedback on this from the surveys...

I think what's going on with PSO2 is they saw the flaw in PSU - optimal areas - and saw the better system in PSO1 - a more even distribution of ubers across different maps (usually via different IDs) to promote playing each area evenly, depending on your ID and class - and tried to go with PSO1's system by spreading powerful weapons across maps more evenly.

In PSO1 the gear spread was with good units, uber weapons, utility weapons/units, armors, etc. Sometimes your ID would find something good that you didn't even want, but could trade for something you wanted. That was important for people with only 1 or 2 characters.

That's why we see shit like Caves having the best sword in the game on day 1 of Hard mode, all the way until set bonuses were added something like 4-5 months later...and even then the Aristin & set bonus barely beats it with 5 or so satk. They're doing a piss poor job of this and they know it.

Removing utility from weapons and relegating it to skilltrees and affixes was a terrible move. Some things should be relegated to skilltrees and affixes, definitely, and some things should be for weapons themselves. More than just 12% bonus damage to Surprise Dunk after +10ing the weapon 4 times, for fuck's sake.

So long as weapons get nothing but x% damage here, x% pp recovery there, the game will continue to stagnate and suffer the same way PSU did, just with different graphics.

I like PSO2 more than PSU, but at the same time I have not played PSO2 since day 1 like I did PSU. I had a very difficult time with PSU though in its first year, the content seemed to trickle out incredibly slow; again I haven't played PSO2 since day 1, so I cannot comment to that. I also like the combat more, everything feels more fluid, and the world is not "flat". I realize both games made improvements within their first year, but every MMO experiences that. I have yet to play a MMO where it felt "complete" in the first month...some take a full 6 months to feel "complete" and another 3-6months to feel somewhat polished - such is the nature of MMOs, so I do not fault either game there.

Personally, I like how PSO2 is more similar to PSO the original from the Dreamcast where the general setting is one singular point. I was not a fan of traveling around, I realize it makes sense, but I am not a fan of needless travel for instanced content myself - this is a personal preference though, I know some really enjoy the "exploration" aspect.

Overall, I find PSO2 more enjoyable for myself. However, I do want the content to increase in difficulty and looking forward to SH, I realize it's more accessible, but it's boring...

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Ah so this discussion has finally entered the opinion superiority complex phase, huh.
    Hooo, boy. Was wondering when this was gonna happen. I'm a liiiiittle late, buuuuuut~

*Acquires Key item: Popcorn*
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    Hooo, boy. Was wondering when this was gonna happen. I'm a liiiiittle late, buuuuuut~

Lol...the entire thread is opinion based, "better" is highly subjective typically based on personal preference. I like Chocolate more than Vanilla, even if it's Vanilla 2.0 to Chocolate 1.0 lol.

Heh idk wth is going on really seems to be tame no one being all "Hey you're wrong and I am right and nothing you can say will change that!" kinda thing so it seem alright to me.

Sig by Gama

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexob View Post
    Lol...the entire thread is opinion based, "better" is highly subjective typically based on personal preference. I like Chocolate more than Vanilla, even if it's Vanilla 2.0 to Chocolate 1.0 lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Heh idk wth is going on really seems to be tame no one being all "Hey you're wrong and I am right and nothing you can say will change that!" kinda thing so it seem alright to me.
    Well, sure. But we didn't start off this thread with accusation of fanboys and the like - it's going in that direction now, though.

Besides, it's more fun to watch then have people try to change my unpopular opinion that PSU was a game with better longevity and well...fun. Not trying to be confrontational, but trying to seriously change someone's opinion over what game was better when we all have different tastes seems a bit...stupid. *shrugs*

Popcorn, anyone?
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Days ahead of ya En. *chews on popcorn*

Popcorn, anyone?
    No thanks already have one right here.

Seriously though, I don't understand on why people are trying to change other's opinion and point-of-view on things. If they like then they like, you can't do anything to change their opinion unless you are that stupid to think you are always right and that they are wrong. It's all opinions people, geesh.
    Last edited by strikerhunter; Oct 2, 2013 at 02:23 PM.

Well, I don't really mind if I get called a "fanboy retard" for thinking PSU is better, and I don't think people who lash out like that should ruin the thread.

Some people aren't mentally strong enough to see something they like be disliked by someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexob View Post
    I like PSO2 more than PSU, but at the same time I have not played PSO2 since day 1 like I did PSU. I had a very difficult time with PSU though in its first year, the content seemed to trickle out incredibly slow; again I haven't played PSO2 since day 1, so I cannot comment to that. I also like the combat more, everything feels more fluid, and the world is not "flat". I realize both games made improvements within their first year, but every MMO experiences that. I have yet to play a MMO where it felt "complete" in the first month...some take a full 6 months to feel "complete" and another 3-6months to feel somewhat polished - such is the nature of MMOs, so I do not fault either game there.

Personally, I like how PSO2 is more similar to PSO the original from the Dreamcast where the general setting is one singular point. I was not a fan of traveling around, I realize it makes sense, but I am not a fan of needless travel for instanced content myself - this is a personal preference though, I know some really enjoy the "exploration" aspect.

Overall, I find PSO2 more enjoyable for myself. However, I do want the content to increase in difficulty and looking forward to SH, I realize it's more accessible, but it's boring...
    I did like the travel. It made the setting feel more fleshed out. Even PSO had Pioneer 2 set apart from the lobby. It also had multiple lobbies unlike PSO2.