Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lost old char, starting anew...build help

So here's my build plan:

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...ik00007b00000f

The idea is this, in XQs I noticed the MVP wasn't really the biggest DPSr, he's the one able to pick up the DPSr if he/she falls. Essentially, I'd like to use the slipperiness of a gunner and utilize the survivability of the hunter without sacrificing too much DPS. Of course, I'd like to stick to TMGS, probably in the long run use Rare ragne set for the strike resist. And lastly, either scour the internet for a proper PA combo or just experiment until I'm happy. Either way....

My questions are:
    A) Is there a way I can be this invincible with a different skill/class build?
    B) Am I sacrificing way too much buy getting Iron will/automate deadline?
    C) Is there a way to get even better DPS with similar survivability?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Everything I read on gunners tends to be pretty negative (Mostly useless in AQs/Crowd control and AT BEST fair DPS). So any advice would ideally come from a veteran gunner (or ex-gunner).

Thanks
    Last edited by DAIKO; Oct 1, 2013 at 07:34 PM.
    Leopold II - Newman -Hu 33, Fi 59, Ra 30, Gu 52, Fo 45, Te 19 (Fi/Fo Spellsword)

Ship 2 - Whisper PN143, I'm always down for AQs, XQs, and TACOs. Or even if you just need help with COs.

As a GU you shouldn't get hit all that often to need either Iron Will or Automate Deadline from my own experience as GU/HU. If nothing else, stack Stamina on your unit set w/e it may be, I use the Vardha set myself and have 1k hp without even maxing out the HP potential I could using Stam 3 & Stamina Boosts on my gear.

With your current build you're giving up no less than 25% more dmg between Zero Range Advance 2, 1pt into Perfect Keeper, and Fury S Up 2. If you're going to use CT and get CF, you might as well fully commit, 5pts is 9% more dmg whereas 10pts is 35% more dmg.

That's my two sense though. GU is great single target dmg, I'm not sure who thinks "AT BEST fair DPS"; no one I know shares that sentiment. Their crowd control & dmg is a bit lacking.
    Last edited by Rexob; Oct 1, 2013 at 08:08 PM.

The idea behind XQ is to have so much DPS there's no time to get hit. Then you stack a bunch of rare drop boosting tickets and blast through as many floors as you can during the time limit. So tank spec is not a good choice unless it's your first time through.

Pretty much the same philosophy in any area, really. If there's ever any danger of dying, it's avoidable without spending any SP (or for Hunter mains, only 4 for Just Guard).

For your original idea, I'd suggest this kind of tree. You do lose a good chunk of damage, which especially hurts Gunner's mobbing capabilities. They have no real sustained AoE, it's all slow bursty single target, so for large groups you want as much damage per hit to kill something with every bullet.

Honestly, you should really get used to the SRoll dodging since it gives you invincibility on command and cancels most PAs. You can argue that being tanky lets you take hits so you don't have to stop your PAs early, but it doesn't always work and you'd still have to heal sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Honestly, you should really get used to the SRoll dodging since it gives you invincibility on command and cancels most PAs. You can argue that being tanky lets you take hits so you don't have to stop your PAs early, but it doesn't always work and you'd still have to heal sometimes.
    Definitely this...with proper SRolling you should rarely get hit, unless something catches your blind side, but best practice is to keep your camera panning when you can & be aware of what's around you.

just maximum your dmg and learn how to dodge

more dmg = faster kill = less dodge/dead
    actually with vardha set you are hard to get one-shot, so i don't think being tanky as an damage dealer class is a good idea

Thanks, this is really helpful. I really look forward to playing as a Gu/Hu, it's really the only class I haven't touched on really.

So if you guys are talking about Pure DPS and just learn how to properly use Sroll, what tree do you recommend for the gunner? The hunter is a pretty linear skill tree if I drop the Iron will plan, but the gunner has a few options. Would you recommend just capping Zero Range?

Something like this?

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...ik00007b00000f
    Leopold II - Newman -Hu 33, Fi 59, Ra 30, Gu 52, Fo 45, Te 19 (Fi/Fo Spellsword)

Ship 2 - Whisper PN143, I'm always down for AQs, XQs, and TACOs. Or even if you just need help with COs.

Yeah, the typical choice is between maxing ZRA 2 or PK. Really down to playstyle. For normal enemies, you won't really be that close too often, and fast bosses can be a problem. But for PK you'll have to patch yourself up even if you only lost 1HP, so that can get really annoying.

But you can always max both and lose a few points from APPR. With the skill half full, you'll still get increased PP gain since the game keeps track of decimals. Even without it you'll be fine, since you gain PP every time you SRoll, and even more if you attack during it (not using the PA button, though).

Don't get R-Atk Up, though. Not enough to be worth the SP.

Also, another question. Do any gunners ever opt ZRA out for showtime in order to increase their ability for crowd control?

Quote Originally Posted by DAIKO View Post
    Also, another question. Do any gunners ever opt ZRA out for showtime in order to increase their ability for crowd control?
    No. Showtime is very point less. It has no crowd control, only aggro pull which really does nothing since everything will be dead in seconds.
    If you want crowd control, just get the PA reverse trap since not only it stuns mobs it also pulls them towards you which can lead up to combos with other TMG PAs such as Heel Stomp and Bullet Squall.

Also, for Gu/Hu never invest into automate deadline from Gu when Hu's automate Halfline is much better.

And yes the second build you posted is the typical GU/HU damage setup.
    Last edited by strikerhunter; Oct 2, 2013 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DAIKO View Post
    Showtime is incredibly situational and usually something for group play so a player can "evasion tank". For CC - no. I personally max ZRA & put 1pt into Perfect Keeper, it's 10% dmg when 100% hp for 1pt - hard to argue against that. Anymore than that though and I want Guld Milla. As Unlucky already pointed out, you get grazed by anything...the bonus is gone.