Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    No. Showtime is very point less. It has no crowd control, only aggro pull which really does nothing since everything will be dead in seconds.

Also, for Gu/Hu never invest into automate deadline from Gu when Hu's automate Halfline is much better.

And yes the second build you posted is the typical GU/HU damage setup.
    Why would anyone want to grab Hu's Automate Halfline though? That's a bigger dmg waste than grabbing the Gu version. I realize the Hu is superior, but a player wastes 6 pts just to get to HP Up 2, which is an additional 5pts to unlock Automate Halfline. A player will sacrifice ~10% dmg just to get 1pt into the Hu Automate Halfline, where in the Gu tree a player can at least make use of the points into CT > CF > Automate Deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexob View Post
    Why would anyone want to grab Hu's Automate Halfline though? That's a bigger dmg waste than grabbing the Gu version. I realize the Hu is superior, but a player wastes 6 pts just to get to HP Up 2, which is an additional 5pts to unlock Automate Halfline.
    One reason basically because 1 Gu part of the tree: Perfect Keeper 10sp.

If you only have Dimates and Trimates, it makes it easier to keep up PK when you do get hit.

It's call dropping damage for survivability since you'll still melt things down fast.

Edit:
    I also said don't get deadline because it requires you to have 25% health and by then, you'll likely get killed by most big targets or bosses when you just so happen to make that one mistake. Point being, the requirement for Deadline trigger is far to risky to invest into.
    Last edited by strikerhunter; Oct 2, 2013 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    One reason basically because 1 Gu part of the tree: Perfect Keeper 10sp.

If you only have Dimates and Trimates, it makes it easier to keep up PK when you do get hit.

Edit:
    I also said don't get deadline because it requires you to have 25% health and by then, you'll likely get killed by most big targets or bosses when you just so happen to make that one mistake. Point being, the requirement for Deadline trigger is far to risky to invest into.
    I can see where that makes sense, not a strategy I would use myself though.

Edit: How does that passive work exactly? I see where each point increases the proc rate, so 10/10 it's guaranteed to use a mate once below 50% hp? << seems like a player will sacrifice ~20% dmg for 20% from PK...
    Last edited by Rexob; Oct 2, 2013 at 11:36 AM.

Well the whole "dieing below 25% anyway argument" is void because the whole point was to get iron will as well. Super Big hit > 1hp > Dimate/Trimate triggered from automate deadline (as well as mag heals most likely). The whole point was near invincibility. But from the way you guys talk up SRoll, I could be entirely invincible if I can just master the art of slipperiness?
    Leopold II - Newman -Hu 33, Fi 59, Ra 30, Gu 52, Fo 45, Te 19 (Fi/Fo Spellsword)

Ship 2 - Whisper PN143, I'm always down for AQs, XQs, and TACOs. Or even if you just need help with COs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexob View Post
    Edit: How does that passive work exactly? I see where each point increases the proc rate, so 10/10 it's guaranteed to use a mate once below 50% hp? << seems like a player will sacrifice ~20% dmg for 20% from PK...
    Automate Halfline works like MAG healing. It auto does it but a mate is used in the order of Mono->Di->Tri. Basically if your HP hits 50% or under due to a big hit, an auto-heal will pop up.

So keeping only Di and tri when halfline triggers will give you PK bonus back.

Quote Originally Posted by DAIKO View Post
    Well the whole "dieing below 25% anyway argument" is void because the whole point was to get iron will as well. Super Big hit > 1hp > Dimate/Trimate triggered from automate deadline (as well as mag heals most likely). The whole point was near invincibility. But from the way you guys talk up SRoll, I could be entirely invincible if I can just master the art of slipperiness?
    Never invest into Iron will as any class but a tanky HU. The skill is terrible. Not only does it lowers your damage, you get gated from using fury stance, and it doesn't trigger if you are at 1hp making the next hit the killing blow.

If you are looking for top survivability, Automate Halfline is the better choice even with the damage setback from not full invest into Fury which can be countered by PK's bonus.

<This is build also benefits even more with Pandora Extreme> which are still overpriced

(Extremely Late reply because of database error lasted for nearly the entire evening on my end)
    Last edited by strikerhunter; Oct 3, 2013 at 12:48 AM.

So I finally started playing as this gu/hu I wanted to build and I am beyond impressed with the DPS already. I am also thoroughly annoyed at the 10% dmg decrease if I get pinged by a sentinel or some other low damage mob, lol. Either way, I'm stoked with the build. I do have another question though...

Do you think I could cap at a higher DPS if I cap out PK as well as ZRA 1/2 instead of Attack PP restraint or is the PP recovery from N-attacks significant enough to raise PAs?
    Leopold II - Newman -Hu 33, Fi 59, Ra 30, Gu 52, Fo 45, Te 19 (Fi/Fo Spellsword)

Ship 2 - Whisper PN143, I'm always down for AQs, XQs, and TACOs. Or even if you just need help with COs.

Quote Originally Posted by DAIKO View Post
    So I finally started playing as this gu/hu I wanted to build and I am beyond impressed with the DPS already. I am also thoroughly annoyed at the 10% dmg decrease if I get pinged by a sentinel or some other low damage mob, lol. Either way, I'm stoked with the build. I do have another question though...

Do you think I could cap at a higher DPS if I cap out PK as well as ZRA 1/2 instead of Attack PP restraint or is the PP recovery from N-attacks significant enough to raise PAs?
    Overall, yes you'll have higher DPS but that's if you can keep up PK. As for Attack PP restraint, that would depend of you want to auto attack a lot or not.