Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GradationAir View Post
    I'm pretty paranoid so I find the fact that the two sticks aren't symmetrical slightly bothering.

Yes I mostly just want a few more buttons for the index finger so I can do L4(?) + button and R4 + button for sub-palettes.

What I'm worried about Sabertooth is the quality, from a number of people they seemed to be awfully fragile and sticks go offcenter often.

I'm getting a new pad because my old one is breaking down anyways, might as well as get one that is most useful.

Sure sounds like a load of BS... Maybe would be faster if I buy from a retail store but having to replace them definitely puts me off.
    I've had my Sabertooth for about 3 months now with pretty heavy play on it, over 500hrs already. I haven't had any issues and love it, but I'll see how it holds up, I still have my original 360 control I used for years though just in case.

I'm using an USB 360 controller, it works like charm on WIn7 and doesn't require any driver. Even though I'm still using the keyboard for like quick lobby actions and other stuff. But for online fighting games I'm using that chinese cheap dual shock controller and it works just fine .

Spoiler!
    Busy doing nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
    people doesnt ignore me, so here's my harder demand
    i want an A.I. that play pso2 purpectly by itself
    general command by just a click of button
    -attack all out-
    -defensive focus after aggroing-
    -ranged/keep distance-
    -fallback/escape-
    -guard/cover-
    -free will-
    ignore me, <- stupid
    I tried making a bot*, but for this game it's a lot easier said than done. Botting itself relies on two things, 1) parsing the image for certain colors and 2) issuing key commands to the keyboard. For something like Wow, where you can continuously farm a certain area with specific mobs, you can leave it on automatic, and where there's a large enough player base to merit the development of one for sale and it's not too hard in the first place.

With pso2, you have randomly generated areas, very specific timing and attack patterns for different classes and different mobs. Bosses with various attack patterns, and being able to reset the mission you're on. The so called bots that are in the game are likely RMTer's, or maybe they're adapting other software for pso2. I doubt there is any software specifically written towards pso2.

*Reason: Simply programming practice. Wanted to see what writing one would take, if it was viable, and what kinds of algorithms from a computer science perspective it would take to write one. Gave up after two days because it's not worth the trouble it takes to write one.

i too use chinese gamepad, intending to try that razer sabretooth just for its 6 extra button, but it will be hard to find in my area, its a small city, though its crowded.....(by small i mean poor, corruptor everywhere)
    so if anyone know any other alternative gamepad with 6 extra button like that.....

@kion
    no no please dont bother urself with my out of topic comment, im stupid
    and no its not for something like farming or afk lvling, its more like A.I. partner, similar like one already in game, npc partner, support partner, friend parter, but for player character, say online on different client, but more complex and more "smarter", maybe like say a deep "conditional branch", each web of it for each kind of preset (-free will-, -go all out-) putting in every each possible situation to questions with more branching based of available action and checking the pallete to choose the best action and not focused on single target but also calculated environment height, surrounding enemy position and height, when and where to move out of dangerous or advantageous position with also calculating enemy action and behaviour with also checking surrounding player for something like heal, guard, cover fire for another player. and what about inventory managing? 8D
    and you are right, its not worth it since likely no one will eventually need it lol
    just go play jrpg on console instead
    what definition of bot is?
    ignore me....... <- stupid

edit: how good is bot for tera rising and dragon nest?
    Last edited by boomboom; Oct 3, 2013 at 02:47 AM.

Speaking of Sabertooth, is there any place where I may acquire that in Toronto without shipping?

Just use a wired xbox 360 controller. Thats what I use when I feel like playing with a controller, but nothing beats a mouse and keyboard!

I've played PSO since the Dreamcast and I think it just feels weird with MKB...any other game I'm all MKB usually, but PSO I'm used to a controller lol.

xbox360 usb wired controller is a win. it is simple to use. when i plugged my controller in, windows downloaded and installed drivers automatically, worked great with no configuration. also, the xbox controller layout is good for gaming. bumpers and triggers placed really well, comfortable in the hands when executing commands. its still a rare occasion for me to use controller tho, i usually stick to keyboard and mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexob View Post
    I've played PSO since the Dreamcast and I think it just feels weird with MKB...any other game I'm all MKB usually, but PSO I'm used to a controller lol.
    I don't like 3D hack'n'slash games on keyboard since it only gives you 8 directions and lacks the ability to walk.

xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox

As I have said in the first post I'm looking for shoulder buttons, otherwise I'd just go with dualshock.

I use a PS3 controller, connected via the USB cable.
    I use this software:
    http://www.motioninjoy.com/

Sig by the wonderful MissMalice