Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Good PC controllers?

As a gamepad player, I find PSO2 a much more enjoyable experience with a controller. Though a problem is that there are not enough keys.

Since I need to get a new one because my current one is breaking down, I'm thinking of getting one with more keys, possibly on the shoulderbuttons. With a bit of research I can only find Razer Sabertooth, but all the comments so far seem to show that the quality is very, very poor. Any suggestions for a controller (preferably dualshock schemed)?

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

..Is Xbox 360 out of the question?

I have the Logictech F710. Wireless dual shock, and it comes with x-input, which gives you the right button layout if you select the option in game.

Spoiler!

If you like Dualshock controllers, why not use a ps3 controller?

if you own a ps3 or xbox 360. there is software online that can make those controllers work with your pc.
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

I think Xbox360. I master it to the point it like I am using M&K.

Edit: Crap, I forgot to mention that the advantage to the Xbox PC adapter is that you could try to get a wireless dualshock-like controller to use with it. That way, you can get the ergonomics you like with the compatibility of the 360 drivers. Not sure what options there are for that, but if you can find something you like that's compatible, the 360 drivers are the ones Devs like to cater to. Hell, PSO2 can show the 360 color-coded buttons on your HUD.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by shachao View Post
    I think Xbox360. I master it to the point it like I am using M&K.
    Counter-Strike vids or it didn't happen!
    Last edited by Jim; Oct 1, 2013 at 10:04 PM.
    I wrote an AC purchasing guide for JP PSO2 a long time ago. I don't play PSO2 anymore, but I still play Blue Burst sometimes. Maybe I'll catch you on there!

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    I have the Logictech F710. Wireless dual shock, and it comes with x-input, which gives you the right button layout if you select the option in game.

Spoiler!
    I read about it. Mostly the problem I have is that with my current set up bound by my gaming experience, I use L2 as block, R2 as lockon(very old habit). That leaves L1 (switch between weapon 5&6 for triple dashing) and R1 for sub-palette. Before I used a combination of L1 and DPAD, but the problem with that is triple dashing requires you to hold down movement stick, and you can't really press DPAD and stick at same time...

To use sub-palette while say charging a technic and jumping as well as moving, the options are fairly limited. I use Triangle/Square/Circle for that, add L1&L1+R1 to get up to 6 sub-palette capable of that (rest being things like stances and such).

However, this is somewhat uncomfortable to hold say L1+R1+square, or so, and you can't release any of the button until a technic is released. Also possible to end up switching weapons or so.

That's why I'm seeking more shoulderbuttons. I know my set up may not be most efficient when it comes to PSO2, but I find it too late to change my basic scheme when it comes to guarding/dodging/jumping/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dejixal View Post
    If you like Dualshock controllers, why not use a ps3 controller?

As I have said, I'm seeking more buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post

Spoiler!

i would go with Kion's suggestion,i am also using this controller for the pass 6 months in pso2
    the toggle stick is a bit higher then ps3.
    so u will need some get use to for a while.
    but once u are ok with it the controller is a thumbs up :3

I used a standard 360 controller for a while and then got the Razer Sabertooth which I like a lot. The Razer Sabertooth cannot add button functions, but it does allow the user to remap buttons to 6 extra buttons which are incredibly helpful - The Sabertooth is fairly pricey though if just buying for one game. I use mine for a variety of games and do not mind, but otherwise a standard 360 isn't bad, and I personally have never liked the dualshock design or feel.