Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Yeah I also agree with Zipzo and the way you titled the thread makes me not even take it srsly nor some of the ppls comments here.

And you could have just named the thread "Donate to Breast Cancer awareness" not that protect the boobies non sense
    a moderator already did that when i was away+^_^+ but I'll edit it again if you insist+^_^+
    EDIT: done+^_^+

Wrong on so many levels.

Holy bluntness Batman.

not the most virtuous way of putting it, but I guess it's one of those ugly truths

googled and found something with a pie chart that looks pretty much like what I remember in a report or two a few years ago

http://butterbeliever.com/i-will-not...-for-the-cure/

seems relevant

I like this, even if it won't do a lot; great initiative. Some of the comments here are incredibly rude and insensitive, the author is trying to do something decent here...
    Last edited by Rexob; Oct 7, 2013 at 09:28 AM.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

I visited this site and bought a shit ton of stuff that goes to cancer research Go neow and help kick the shit outta cancer for good.

Why must every thread go to hell?

How soulless can some of you people be? For fucks sake.

sig by me, PM if you want to request one.
    Ship 2/Ship 4:
    Sakia HU FI newearl | アモリ RAmarl | Hasumi FO RA caseal | ぴょましFOnewearl | 白井 BR HU Duman | リーヨウ RA GU caseal| Rena SU FI| マテオ HU/NK

Quote Originally Posted by Rexob View Post
    I like this, even if it won't do a lot; great initiative. Some of the comments here are incredibly rude and insensitive, the author is trying to do something decent here...
    When you take away the insensitivity, just looking at the message of the posts, as well as Gigawuts's link, there's been evidence provided that the businesses that raise "awareness" do it for the huge profits rather than money earned going to actual research.

The link actually elaborates on this in that it brings up the point that if a "cure" were actually found (when there are already known methods that work well that just haven't been widely announced to the public), the business surrounding the raising of "awareness" would crash and thus leave the people profiting from this endeavor mostly broke.

Essentially, the awareness campaign is for the most part a sham, and though research is a very good thing, cures are going unnoticed or even being silenced for the sake of some rich person getting richer. Kinda ruins the point of a charity.

People could stand to be a little more sensitive about it (seriously), but it's not really an invalid point. In fact, it's quite a good one. This is not saying that I agree with how Zipzo worded his point, given that it demonstrates a huge lack of empathy for another's feelings, but looking a little deeper makes it pretty clear that to some degree he is correct.
    Last edited by Jungo Torii; Oct 7, 2013 at 10:26 AM.
    Steam: gutsyunicycle (Nickname: Jungo)
    PSO2: Ship 2

Exploiting the weak is nothing new. If anyone thinks cancer patients are immune to this I envy your naiveté.