Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Combat Escape (Braver)

Im looking forward to this! Kind of reminds me of Beast Mode on PSU. Only much cooler? What you guys think?

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Honestly, the only thing I found exciting was the following.

Skies of Arcadia Music Discs will be added to the FUN Scratch.

Being able to build up Combat Finished unhindered seems pretty nice.

It doesn't really appeal to me though. I'm good at avoiding attacks as it is and I would like to keep the ability to activate Katana Gear while in Katana Combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Natsu Nem View Post
    Being able to build up Combat Finished unhindered seems pretty nice.

It doesn't really appeal to me though. I'm good at avoiding attacks as it is and I would like to keep the ability to activate Katana Gear while in Katana Combat.
    Good Point! I favor that as well, and i have a similar playstyle.

Well level cap is 65 now from what I hear. I'll probaby just put a few sps in there for those rare occasions when the "hate" meter is really crazy. You know what im talkin bout right? When the enemies / boss just out of the blue, makes master coordinations in syncronous battle patterns and reading LOL. I.E: Every single enemy has just made you its target, and is reading your pp meter, energy, etc.

I probaby wouldnt use it much on bosses tho. I like damage, as you say. Only as a safe probaby. In theory, it would make a great "beast mode." That was the main reason i used it back in the day, just to escape damage, do a little bit back.

Instead of throwing my arms around like a maniac, i get to look cool with my katana!
    Last edited by ZcRaider; Oct 8, 2013 at 11:44 PM.

the skill is a waste of SP.

Pros

- Combat Escape is good against one or two bosses

- Max damage vs Falz Hands

Cons

- no one dies during Katana Combat

- Mob can't attack you because Karan keeps them in check

- you need to block at least once to activate Katana Gear

Super Hard is coming out in the morning so things may change. In the current content Combat Escape isn't all that useful.

Quote Originally Posted by SakoHaruo View Post
    Super Hard is coming out in the morning so things may change. In the current content Combat Escape isn't all that useful.
    Well it's alright for that random blindside hit/stunlock that may screw you out of a katana finish, but you're right, it's far from my first pick of SP dumps.

I'm still convinced the whole thing is an issue with vague wording and it's just temporary invincibility like that worthless (in the sense that the entire tree is still bad) passive they gave Iron Will.

That said if it -is- 20 seconds of god mode, Katana Combat becomes some of the most 'free damage' in the entire game. Just make sure you trigger a gear parry before you start the buff.

Edit: And Braver isn't exactly tight on SP, either, unless you want a dual stance build. So the skill is probably an alright SP sink either way.

Yeah, wanted to second that the time frame is the biggest factor. Occupying almost the entire duration would mean mindlessly free damage with no regards for positioning.

Good - Being invincible for the entire duration of K.Combat
    Bad - Probable 10 sp req for less than 20 sec / less than the duration of K.Combat

In theory it's a good skill to have. It doesn't increase damage output. Anyone can get max damage from Finish without it.

But utility wise, nothing beats being invinicible. The name speaks for itself, Escape.

I can imagine only the homing approach during KC getting the invincibility frames..