Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default An idea to change the Weapon Camo system

I think it's kind of silly that you can only camouflage weapons with specific weapon camo items, instead of being able to change the look of the weapon to whatever other weapon you want. So I thought of an idea to change it, and also fix another little issue while we're at it.

First off, Doodoo would get a new option, the Weapon Camo option. You would take any weapon as a base (the one that you want it to inherit the stats of), then pick a weapon that you want it to adapt the look of, and then to perform the camouflage, you will need 5 Synthesizers per * of rarity for the item you want to take the appearance of (so an 8* weapon would require 40 Synthesizers, but a 4* would only require 20), and you would also need a Camo Pass. It would also never fail.

So how do you get Camo Passes? First off, when the system is implemented, each player gets 1 free Camo Pass. Then, you can take your old Weapon Camo items and exchange them for 1 Camo Pass, but you can also use those in Weapon Camo Synthesis instead of a regular weapon so that your weapon will take upon that appearance, and when you use old Weapon Camo items, it doesn't cost a pass.

Other than that, they will be obtained from the Recycle Shop by trading in something like AC items, and you could also get them from things like Bingo Cards and other special events.

But what if you decide you don't want that look anymore? Well, Doodoo will also offer you the service of dismantling the camo, and returning your weapon back to it's original state, but you don't get your Camo Pass, Synthesizers, material weapon or meseta back.

But as I said, this solves another little problem - worthless rares.

How many times have you gotten a rare weapon, only to find that it's only worth 1,000 meseta on the player shops? This system would make these rare weapons which have been determined to be worthless rise in value... at least the cool-looking ones. Then players can make more meseta off all the junky useless rares that they pick up.

Thoughts?

Just about any other similar game has a better weapon camo system than PSO2's

The camo system is fine, as long you don't use it...
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

That's kinda like saying PSO2 is fine, as long as you don't play it.

It's true, though. Haven't you noticed that the majority of people who haven't played PSO2 have no problems with grinding, affixing, rare drop rates and bugs in this game? Somehow getting that audience to buy some AC would mean striking Klondike for Sega.

I've played PSO2 since day one of the full release, and I've had no overwhelming problems with grinding, affixing, or drops... I honestly don't really see what the problem is, it's not like the chances are so devastatingly low that they never happen...

But more on the topic at hand, I would much rather have a weapon camo system that works the way; it would help clear out my Storage (I have some kind of issue where I can't get rid of rares, no matter how pathetic) XD
    SHIP 02 - PokeminMaster
    Lucinova - Deuman - 75 Hu, 55 Fi, 75 Fo, 80 Te, 80 Bo, 75 Su, 80 He
    Aura - CAST - 75 Fo, 77 Te
    Sylvia - CAST - 75 Ra, 76 Br

Well, the camo system might not be anyone's taste, but as far as gameplay goes it's utterly useless anyway. The only people it could really have any relevance for are the people playing it for cosplay, photos, etc. I'm sure many players sell their camos to NPCs straight away...
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

It's an excellent idea, but you're definitely not the first person to suggest it. It's obviously way better than what we have now, and it's pretty much what a lot of other games already have. Hell, it's exactly what everyone expected the camo system to be since the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeminMaster View Post
    I've played PSO2 since day one of the full release, and I've had no overwhelming problems with grinding, affixing, or drops... I honestly don't really see what the problem is, it's not like the chances are so devastatingly low that they never happen...
    I've been playing since open beta. Depending on what it is, there ARE things so devastatingly low that they never happen.
    For example, my friend and I have done over 700 to 1000 Elder runs and we've never seen any of his 11 or 12 stars.
    Some other examples, like I got my first Ardilow, Twilight Rune and Talnada drops over a year after I first started playing (and in some cases, already tried farming for them).

But the point here is that the game would be much better without stuff like, grinding and affixing failing constantly for literally hours on end (I'm not even exaggerating).
    It's is not only stressful, but a huge waste of time.
    That's not even including the amount of time it takes to earn the millions that instantly vanish with no returns, just because you're unlucky.
    At the same time, people standing next to you might instantly succeed. I feel especially bad for the people who spend real life money only to have the RNG transform it into nothing.

Upgrade systems should not be equivalent to gambling in reality.
    Imagine if unlocking upgrades in Batman Arkham series or Deus Ex HR had a random chance to fail and required you to level up all over again for another chance to fail.
    There are always many ways to do something, and SEGA went with some of the crappiest methods for virtually every system in PSO2.
    Some people just accept these kinds of problems, telling themselves "it could be worse", but they don't seem to realize that things could also be a hell of a lot better.

We should always aim higher, not lower.
    Anyway, my apologies for going off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeminMaster View Post
    But more on the topic at hand, I would much rather have a weapon camo system that works the way; it would help clear out my Storage (I have some kind of issue where I can't get rid of rares, no matter how pathetic) XD
    Yeah, there are too many rares that have no purpose. I actually bought some rares I wanted to turn into camos, before they revealed how terrible the actual system is.
    I often see JP people complaining about damn ugly most of the powerful weapons are, and how the low level weapons look so much better. If only SEGA understood.

Or as I've said, they probably do understand. I think the weapon camo system is just there to give us another layer of "content" to fix intentionally ugly equipment.
    It's like how other games have outfits with rainbow clown color schemes, and the only way to fix them is wasting months dealing with ridiculous dye systems.
    Glad that's not as common anymore.

At some point, we just have to say "hey, screw this crap."
    And I think a lot of people have already done that with PSO2, which is a shame.
    But it's not OUR fault.

Playing this game for 2-3 months, and while Dudu (or Moncia) annoy me with their comments on how something failed or even downgraded, this is incredibly mild as far as enhancing goes.

For example, enhancing in Elsword (another game I played), the weapons/armors could actually break if you tried to enhance it beyond +6. The only risk reductions you had were ores (which prevented downgrading, but does not prevent breaking nor does it increase success rates). If your weapon did break, you need a blessed scroll to restore it so it can be usable again.

Now heres the catch; both ores and scrolls are exclusive to the cash shop. If they ever decide to give you something for free, it's only going to be 1 or 2 ores and I swear these have an increased rate on how often items break, making you have to cash to be able to use that piece of equipment. And it's not cheap either...IIRC ores were like $2 each, while a scroll costs a whooping $7.50. At least in PSO, the most you'd waste is ingame currency and you still have access to FUN for the lower-end of risk reductions.

As for weapon camos...I just wish there were some BETTER looking ones. The selection we have just really emphasizes on how useless the camo system is.