Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 10* Gunner Units

Hello everyone! I know that there was some of discussion of this topic in the past, but since I'm new to the game, I'm not really sure if the information is dated or not. Thus, here is my predicament:

Right now I'm searching for the units that are going to give me the highest r-atk boost and pp boost. From previous topics it seems these are my options:

* カルブンウィング
    * グワンマンリン
    * ヴァーダーパック

Could anyone please identify the unit that best meets this criteria? Also, it's to my understanding that affixes basically make the units. I have a general idea, but to make sure, which soul and ability should I put on for high r-atk and pp boost?

You want these units as fully capped Gunner/Hunter:

リア/グワンマンリン
    アーム/グワンマンエン
    レッグ/イングプレート

The first two units listed above is the set. The leg unit is a random unit that gives you a huge boost in HP, +100 HP, and some strike resist. The set(which is only an a Rear and Arm unit gives you +90 ratk, +10 pp and resistance to Lightning and Wind elements.

With only two slots,(Shoot 3, and Fang Soul) on your wep and units, you are getting +330 ratk, +140 HP, +18 pp. I only two slot my units and weps cause anything beyond two slots is a waste of money. Shoot boost items are almost 10m on ship 10 and other affixes like ability 3 only increase your atk by 15. Other affixes don't make you much stronger compared to other gunners.

BEFORE ANYONE CRITICIZES ME FOR SAYING THIS, please realize a fully built gunner is already OP enough as it is with Sroll skills. Hell its pretty sad that GU still steamrolls over everything even in SH. So unless your a completionist, or a complete @ss/SHOWOFF, don't waste your money on additional affixes.

Btw affixes don't really make the units. They somewhat do but most players tend to care more about the units set bonuses.
    Last edited by Emp; Nov 7, 2013 at 01:23 PM.

Calbun (pink units):

+ + = + 60 R-ATK + 19 PP + 120 HP

Gwanman (2 units set):
    + = + 90 R-ATK + 10 PP + 70 HP

Vardha:
    + + = + 45 R-ATK + 6 PP + 165 HP

The 2 first have way higher defensive stats than the Vardha set. Gwanman maybe has 30 more R-ATK but less PP ... I picked the Calbun set on my RA, not disappointed.

Affix:

Soul: Fang (30 R-ATK, 10HP, 2PP) or Mizer (30 R-ATK, 3PP) ... if you are rich, go for Mizer otherwise Fang is still a good alternative.

Then you can affix then with Shoot III and Spirita, Stamina, Shoot Boosts (that's up to you). Afaik, the most common unit affix are

Fang Soul / Shoot III / Spirita Boost ... easy to get and reasonably cheap
    Last edited by Ordy; Nov 7, 2013 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordy View Post
    Calbun (pink units):

+ + = + 60 R-ATK + 19 PP + 120 HP

Gwanman (2 units set):
    + = + 90 R-ATK + 10 PP + 70 HP

Vardha:
    + + = + 45 R-ATK + 6 PP + 165 HP

The 2 first have way higher defensive stats than the Vardha set. Gwanman maybe has 30 more R-ATK but less PP ... I picked the Calbun set on my RA, not disappointed.

Affix:

Soul: Fang (30 R-ATK, 10HP, 2PP) or Mizer (30 R-ATK, 3PP) ... if you are rich, go for Mizer otherwise Fang is still a good alternative.

Then you can affix then with Shoot III and Spirita, Stamina, Shoot Boosts (that's up to you). Afaik, the most common unit affix are

Fang Soul / Shoot III / Spirita Boost ... easy to get and reasonably cheap
    What site are you referring to? JP wiki and Cirno does not list an HP bonus for the Gwanman En set.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    What site are you referring to? JP wiki and Cirno does not list an HP bonus for the Gwanman En set.
    They give 35HP per piece. It's not a set bonus.
    http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%8...83%AA%E3%83%B3

yes, the 70 HP are from the units (2 x 35HP)

Quote Originally Posted by Fleur View Post
    They give 35HP per piece. It's not a set bonus.
    http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%8...83%AA%E3%83%B3
    Ahh understandable.

So back to my post, which should be the set you want as a GU because it offers the same ratk set bonus that the Exq units give. With the units and wep consisting of the same two slots, you'll get +330 ratk, +210 HP and +18 pp.

Basically, Gwanman set (+ Ing Plate) vs Calbun set:

Pick Gwanman if you want 30 R-ATK, 50 HP, 39 S-DEF, Wind and Light resists.
    Pick Calbun if you want 9 PP, 114 R-DEF, 18 T-DEF, Fire and Water resists.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordy View Post
    Basically, Gwanman set (+ Ing Plate) vs Calbun set:

Pick Gwanman if you want 30 R-ATK, 50 HP, 39 S-DEF, Wind and Light resists.
    Pick Calbun if you want 9 PP, 114 R-DEF, 18 T-DEF, Fire and Water resists.
    If you pick calbun set, affix cater soul instead. My friend did that. He has lvl 1 guard stance and survives with about 40-50 hp left after Falzs smash(his attack where u goes above and smashes the area with his butt) as 65/65 Gu/Hu.

people actually get hit by that?