Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

@Chaos Rappy: Just read your post about what the best class for soloing is, and I was inspired to start a HUnewm. You brought up some interesting points that I hadn't thought about before. I'm interested to see how he'll turn out late-game. Why didn't I choose HUnewearl? I dunno. Aesthetics mostly, I suppose. Or perhaps the technically higher DPS.
    PSZ Friend Codes
    US: 4855 6582 7740
    JP: 4428 5420 9674

Check out my trade thread!

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Glad to hear you're seeing the space-elf light, Eclipse. Everyone should join in on the Hunter Newman Master-Race action. ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

I remember talking to a few people a couple years ago about this, and I think we decided that HUmar, HUnewm and HUnewearl were the best all around DPSers. HUmars make RAs obsolete with their solid ranged options and the ability to Shifta.

The main downside to Human Hunters, though, is their horrid ATA, which means more ATA needs to be substituted onto your MAGs (since you'll want more Mats going into Power for better Shifta boosts), or you need to use more deliberate usage of PA's with positive ACC mods just to not miss on Super and/or higher ACC ADJ weapons. Online, this is hardly an issue with Forces using Zalure to lower enemy evasion, but offline, Human Hunters will run into a few issues like such. I feel the Newman Hunters have the best ATA while still maintaining good supportive options with Evasion and Power and still have access to Shifta/Deband boosts. :P

No idea about best, but FOmarl is pretty easy, especially for bosses. You can just stand there HHHing with a slicer/max MST mag and kill them all pretty easily. For normal areas I use an ATA mag and usually use a rod, sometimes a slicer. Mine have rolling bar/bright sign, which are decent. If you get a good wand with magical sign that's very good as well, and you probably don't have to worry about ATA at all. FOnewearl is probably the best magical sign user (and can be good with techs too), but for rod/slicer I prefer FOmarl for higher ata. Support techs are nice too, my resta heals a lot more than my max HP. I don't think I've ever really worried about running out of pp/fluids either, even in tower. Also if I remember correctly, burning the tower bosses with foie then spamming grants kills them pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by 16085k View Post
    No idea about best, but FOmarl is pretty easy, especially for bosses. You can just stand there HHHing with a slicer/max MST mag and kill them all pretty easily. For normal areas I use an ATA mag and usually use a rod, sometimes a slicer. Mine have rolling bar/bright sign, which are decent. If you get a good wand with magical sign that's very good as well, and you probably don't have to worry about ATA at all. FOnewearl is probably the best magical sign user (and can be good with techs too), but for rod/slicer I prefer FOmarl for higher ata. Support techs are nice too, my resta heals a lot more than my max HP. I don't think I've ever really worried about running out of pp/fluids either, even in tower. Also if I remember correctly, burning the tower bosses with foie then spamming grants kills them pretty easily.
    In this instance, the FOnewearl is the best Force because of three reasons (four with reasons outside of actual Force reasons, which is access to the best evasive armor in the game: Rika's Suit):

- FOnewearls have the strongest Gimegid for enemy grouping due to highest MST AND because of FOnewearl's +25% damage increase to Megid techs.
    - FOnewearls have the highest MST in the game with which to hit hardest using Megical Sign (the non-issue with their lackluster ATA is a given with Magical Sign's impressive ATA mod; not to mention you should be using Zalure too to help increase your damage and that also lowers enemy evasion too, so ATA is even less of an issue).
    - FOnewearls, as a Newman race, have PP regeneration natural to them, and with their insane PP reserves make VERY good use of said regeneration. In case it needs to be restated, you regain an average of 1% of your max PP while moving every five seconds, or if you have been standing in place for 5 seconds or more, you regenerate 5% of your max PP every five seconds, which is rounded up, to a certain extent (my FOnewearl is built, at level 100, to have 768 PP [the minimum for regening 8 PP per five seconds while walking], healing herself by 8 PP every five seconds, and obviously much more standing, boosted to 13 PP every five seconds walking with PP Recovery Lv5 equipped; adding to that, Magical Sign, without a PA Save unit on, is 13 PP, so every five seconds, FOnewearls can potentially use Magical Sign FOR FREE, on regeneration alone).

I'm not bashing on FOmarls at all, because my FO on my main cart IS a FOmarl (because I like the looks :P), but Newmen have been the go-to race for FO's in PSO and PSZ for very good reasons, and PSZ made no exceptions here, especially with the Megid buff on FOnewearls. :P
    Last edited by Chaos Rappy; May 9, 2014 at 04:39 AM.