Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy PSO2 Won't Launch

Hello, I am new here and to Phantasy Star Online 2.

I recently downloaded/installed the game, but to my dismay upon attempting to launch the game, the launcher instead closes and nothing else shows up. Upon looking in the task manager, I have found that nothing is running that has to do with PSO2 or SEGA. I have not yet applied any English patches to my game, and have attempted reinstalling once; the problem has not changed. This has went on for 2 days now. I have tried launching the game through the launcher and through pso2.exe (though through research I have found that doesn't work anyways). I have checked my files multiple times to find my data is up-to-date. Any suggestions or ideas on what my problem may be, or fixes would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

I am using Windows 7, and my computer meets the required specs to play. My firewall is off at the moment.

The launcher closing after trying to launch the game mean that pso2 got locked down by your no-jpn OS having a hard time with pso2. It does it all the time after updating, you need to eitheir replace the affected file (which is what the pso2 tweaker does), use a program to re-enable pso2 after having finished updating or be knowledgeable enough to unlock it yourself. Personally, before I adopted the tweaker as my launcher, I was using a micro program to unlock pso2, but the updating speed and ease of use of aida's program make sega look bad with their official laucher.
    Ship 2
    ID: Mentalist
    Chareen, FOTE
    Tasia, GUHU/RA, RAHU or SUGU.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Here's theory. Try removing the GG folder and let GG update.

I have the same problem, even when launching through Tweaker. I've tried deleting the gameguard folder. But the game just doesn't come up after the gameguard check.

Well for the game guard thing. If you wanted to remove it all, don't forget the parts in the Registry.
    Regedit -> HKEY Local Machine -> System -> Current Control Set -> Services -> npggsvc
    Delete all but default. (Came up on this from research on my personal errors)

Never was able to find the ones in System32 or Syswow64.

In the end it still never resolved the problems I had with PSO2 till I just reformatted.
    I'd be interested to know what firewall / AV you have though. I always wondered if maybe it was just my old one that caused tons of problems.

Usually the troubleshooting options within AIDA's tweaker get it done, did you select the GameGuard fix in the tweaker?? keep in mind that the fix the tweaker does also deletes GameGuard registry values
    (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\INCAInternet
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\npggsvc),
    and anytime the registry is edited I really must recommend rebooting the computer so as the registry loaded into the RAM is completely cleared. Most people have no issues with PSO2, but there's that 15% that always have something go wrong.... hope you all get it working and can play after tonight's patch!! +^_^+ and remember, reboot....
    Last edited by Chik'Tikka; Nov 13, 2013 at 12:31 AM.

Yes, I did. I'm now repairing my files because I'm also pretty sure it's because I was silly enough to reinstall the English patch today.

EDIT: Yes it was exactly that. Sorry for being dumb.
    Last edited by Terrutas; Nov 13, 2013 at 12:33 AM.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that: Reboot. xD
    For me, when I ran the GameGuard fix in the tweaker, the Registry Values were still there for me.
    So I figured it couldn't hurt to check after running the tweak fix

hey i cant play too...
    when i launch pso2 nothing happen and i dont have install the story patch -.-

Before coming to this thread, I tried fixing Gameguard and rebooting. Still nothing. So I really don't know what else to do. Tweaker doesn't fix anything.