Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is it worth starting now?

Would starting now be worth it? Would I be able to find people to play with at low levels? Will it be like PSO, where low levels had overpowered gear and slaughtered everything? I played for a few days, but didn't have the english patch or anything so I never really understood anything. I just had a few basic weapons/items, and fought things. If I started back up with my male human fighter, what would I need to know/do first?
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

its worth it. If you have tweaker then download English patch and story patch and also large file patch though that's optional

There's still plenty of people that are low level to play with. If you're looking for the english community, most of them are on ship 2, but there are players on other ships. If you start back up again I suggest going to unlock the areas. The orders for those give a lot of exp. See you soon friend.

EN version isn't out yet, wait a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by ashley50 View Post
    EN version isn't out yet, wait a bit more.
    Yes i agree with this statement

If you want to play, nothing's stopping you from playing now and then going to EN if you really want to later. If it's ever released.

It's a lot easier to start now than it was a year ago.
    I'm expecting SEGA to make it even easier for the next expansion, but who knows when that'll be.

i'm currently also waiting for the english version! definitely eager to play!

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    If you want to play, nothing's stopping you from playing now and then going to EN if you really want to later. If it's ever released.

It's a lot easier to start now than it was a year ago.
    I'm expecting SEGA to make it even easier for the next expansion, but who knows when that'll be.
    What makes it easier now than it was then?

Also, I'm not waiting for an english version. There an english patch, which is all I need. I'm not interested in dealing with sega's treatment of the english version.
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Its already been said and as dreary and horrid as it is I suppose first order of business is unlocking the stages via quest counter quests. Happy grinding and best of luck to you.

- You now get ~15k EXP for each of Koffee's area unlock orders, regardless of level. That's one for unlocking free exploration and one for unlocking the next area. They used to give 0 EXP.
    - Some (or many?) orders are easier to unlock now. As in, you don't need to do the same order like 30 times just to unlock the next one. Sadly only a very recent change.
    - Lower level powerful equipment is much easier and cheaper to obtain (just buy a pre-grinded one).
    - They seem to have recently added a bunch of new easy-to-obtain lower level rare weapons that are also cheap to purchase.
    - Some class stuff was buffed or skill point requirement reduced. Gunner hits like a truck now, for example. Getting to Sword Gear doesn't require wasting a ton of skill points anymore.
    - Support Partners make it easy to get items for Franca's and Kreshida's orders (buying the items is also super cheap now as a result, it's 1k per item in almost all cases).
    - More places for certain enemy spawns makes it easier to complete some orders.
    - More areas means more things to do (ie. more orders), instead of being stuck waiting for everything to reset.

Ridiculous orders were nerfed. For example:
    - You don't need to get 90 rare drops for level cap anymore.
    - No more tight-ass S rank time limits that rely on luck. No more failing orders by 1 second (happened to me often). You get ample time now, or you don't need S rank. Or there's no time limit.
    - You don't need to kill a billion enemies for most orders anymore, usually 1 will do.
    - Same applies to drop orders, they usually only require 1 instead of a billion items now.
    - Subclasses make things a little easier, and the unlock subclass order is much easier to complete now.
    - Subclass gets 10% of all EXP up to level 45, including turning in orders (really isn't much, but it's better than nothing).

Daily orders often provide a good source of EXP too.
    I don't recall them being there on day one.

If you're moderately efficient I think it takes around 40-60 hours of game time to get to level 40.
    Always try to do stuff in a full party so that you get the full party 20% exp bonus. Bots count.

It may be more difficult to get into populated blocks for lower level EQs (it's usually only one or two populated blocks for Normal, Hard and Very Hard).
    Not sure how bursts are now, since they changed them quite a bit.
    I can't comment on multiparty EXP farming because I usually solo, but you should get in on that if you can.
    Same with team stuff, it helps to be in a large active team for the various perks.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Nov 23, 2013 at 04:25 PM.