Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Special Maintenance - 3pm - 8pm EST this evening

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2710

tl:dr:
    Sega dun goofed and the st.umbra stick camo isnt dropping, so the servers are going down at 5am JST friday - 10am JST friday (8pm GMT - 1am GMT, EST times above)

Compensation:

Everyone gets a tribooster +100%
    People who logged in between Wednesdays servers going up and the downtime this evening get a 250% rare drop booster
    People who played (not specificity cleared?) the EQ before the downtime this evening get another 250% rare drop booster
    +200% exp/rare drop AQ boost event gets extended for 14 hours (ends Saturday @ 14:00 JST)

Cant really complain, sega seem to be way overcompensating for 5 hours downtime in the morning for their intended playerbase, but another 9 hours of AQ boost is sexy

Edit: Boosters to be awarded at a later date*
    Last edited by Dnd; Dec 12, 2013 at 07:45 AM.
    Pso2 - Ship2: Proud manager of team Celestial
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Vice Tek View Post
    They seriously need 5 hours to fix this? Wow, what a bunch of incompetent idiots.
    Why don't you fix it in under 5 hours then?

You can't, so quit complaining

Yes it is unfortunate that is has to happen, but shit happens.
    Last edited by Horo The Wise Wolf; Dec 12, 2013 at 07:33 AM.
    Thanks Yoshi for the Sig!

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

So the AQ boost ends Saturday morning 6 am for us then eh? Guess my plan for Mikina's boost to lv50 HU has to wait a day

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

It does seem a little excessive for a wep camo, but meh.
    PSO2 Characters

Kais (Male CAST) Ship 9 Hu62 Fi46 Ra53 Gu65 Fo6 Te1 Br36
    Lilith Reiger (Female Deuman) Ship 9 Hu42 Fi1 Ra1 Gu1 Fo20 Te45 Br56

Are we alive or just breathing?

i don't mind the maintenance, free boosters will be nice... possible 550% rare boost in an AQ lol
    PSO2 ID: AngelWolf
    Wolfie - F Dewman Gu/Hu

Compensation is very nice, its not the end of the world, either. Sega taking 5 hours to fix one item though is my only concern.. They must have like one guy that is doing some kinda sega internship working on it. Yeah, that's it! Gotta go slow!

There are probably other issues that they do not want to bring to light because incompetence.
    Last edited by ~Aya~; Dec 12, 2013 at 07:50 AM.

Characters: 綾 / マリア / ID: AyakoTakahashi / Signature by Rock Eastwood~

Quote Originally Posted by Vice Tek View Post
    Still, that doesn't excuse the fact that it takes them 5 whole hours to fix one (camo) drop that's most likely going to be worthless/hardly used.
    Eh, I'd like to think that they will take this time to make server improvements/optimisations/other general maintenance tasks on the servers.

The servers are probably going to be up sooner then expected anyway, like they mostly are for routine downtimes now-days
    Pso2 - Ship2: Proud manager of team Celestial
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Horo The Wise Wolf View Post
    Why don't you fix it in under 5 hours then?

You can't, so quit complaining

Yes it is unfortunate that is has to happen, but shit happens.
    Just because someone doesn't have the power and/or knowledge to change something doesn't mean they aren't 'allowed' to complain. That's just silly to say.

Though, five hours does seem like a bit much, but it's probably just a precautionary time stamp, so they can cover their asses if something else goes wrong after the 10 minutes it will probably actually take them to fix it (which, knowing SEGA, may very well happen).

In all, this works to my favour as I might be able to get a bit more from the boost, so yay for that lol.
    PSO2 Characters

Kais (Male CAST) Ship 9 Hu62 Fi46 Ra53 Gu65 Fo6 Te1 Br36
    Lilith Reiger (Female Deuman) Ship 9 Hu42 Fi1 Ra1 Gu1 Fo20 Te45 Br56

Are we alive or just breathing?

Yeah, I'm certainly not complaining. I'll take my Tribooster and two 250% rare boosters for five hours of maintenance in which I'll just go play Skyrim or something anyway. Win/win for me.