Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 172425262728293037 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arksenth View Post
    I'll probably use Wand Lovers for all of 3 minuts before I give up on it given how bad step is liable to be without guard.
    Not to mention without the extra .09 seconds from another tree with step advance.

Seriously, Sega you know virtually nothing about your own game. I bet Wand Lovers won't even have built-in Step Attack, making the bonus virtually useless if someone wants two types of masteries when they smack stuff with their wands.

That SATK Up should really be SATK High Up too ;/

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

The way I'm seeing things, Techer Specialization just got a whole lot more diverse actually.

Dark Mastery, WL, no EWH:
    http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...200000Ib000008

Dark Mastery, no WL, no EWH:

Light Mastery, no EWH, WL:

Light Mastery, EWH, no WL:

Wind Mastery, WL, EWH:

Wind Mastery, WL, no EWH:

Techer is so screwed even with its newfound variety though!

Ok, I checked out bumped

Wand Lovers Changes
    Active duration extended. Recast timing adjusted.
    Removed the PP penalty while active
    Bonus S-ATK is applied. Skill Level 10 gains +35% S-ATK. The Wand’s technic explosive power rises as a result.
    The evasive action will change from Mirage Escape to Step. Step attack is also available.
    With these changes, an “All Skill Tree Reset Pass” will be distributed.
    http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-craft...-and-technics/

If Wand Gear benefits it sounds like it's a contact bonus multiplier, like Chase and Fury Stance, as opposed to SATK, so it was just misworded.

edit:
    Man, Techer is seriously like if Hunter had JA Bonus buried beneath Flash Guard 1.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Dec 27, 2013 at 06:20 PM.

Best case scenario: Wand Lovers turns out like a toggle stance. You cripple your defensive options and turn into complete dead meat with a useless dodge for bosses especially in exchange for melee damage. (This is what Fury Stance should have been btw)

Worst case: active like Territory Burst. Weehee fist pump every 90 seconds and you can't have it all the time either!

That's the tree I came up with too, giga. But with the way EWH scales, its a 10 or nothing skill, so I don't know how to even work with that w.
    Last edited by Arksenth; Dec 27, 2013 at 06:35 PM.

Yeah, im not much of a fan of that step attack, to bad they didn't just make it a separate skill. ^ I totally agree with the EWH comment 2 .

Quote Originally Posted by Arksenth View Post
    Best case scenario: Wand Lovers turns out like a toggle stance. You cripple your defensive options and turn into complete dead meat with a useless dodge for bosses especially in exchange for melee damage. (This is what Fury Stance should have been btw)

Worst case: active like Territory Burst. Weehee fist pump every 90 seconds and you can't have it all the time either!

That's the tree I came up with too, giga. But with the way EWH scales, its a 10 or nothing skill, so I don't know how to even work with that w.
    Yup, 6% at level 5.

I don't say this often, but just pooling into satk up and tatk up would be better.

edit: What we really need is a secondary effect for Mirage. Like, Miraged enemies take 5% more damage from all elements (I'd prefer this on freeze, but ice isn't on the techer tree so). Then EWH would trigger itself automatically...
    Last edited by gigawuts; Dec 27, 2013 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Link1275 View Post
    The way I'm seeing things, Techer Specialization just got a whole lot more diverse actually.

Dark Mastery, WL, no EWH:
    PP Convert lv5... You're definitely doing this on purpose, but you're not nearly as entertaining as Hrith.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    edit: What we really need is a secondary effect for Mirage. Like, Miraged enemies take 5% more damage from all elements (I'd prefer this on freeze, but ice isn't on the techer tree so). Then EWH would trigger itself automatically...
    Something I've been wanting on Techer since the start, but I can just see them make it its own bonus on top of the regular element weakness, so EWH wouldn't trigger. Just like EWH+WS for non tech damage.

But if it worked properly, by either replacing the target's natural weakness with 120% for every element, or multiplying the existing value by some number, which can turn slight resistances into slight weaknesses, or natural weakness into heavy weakness.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

It would need to be given special treatment to qualify. You know how it works, but I'll just say it anyway to be specific

Your base satk, ratk, and tatk has no element.
    Your weapon's base satk, ratk, and tatk has no element.
    The element % is then on top of that non-elemental damage.

When an enemy is weak to an element the non-element satk, ratk, and tatk doesn't benefit. The additional elemental damage from the weapon's % does benefit.

So with a base satk of 1000 and a sword with 1000 satk, you have 2000 non-elemental damage. The sword has 50% fire. You have 500 fire satk - this is both striking and fire. 2500 total satk, 500 of it is fire, 2000 has no element.

What does this mean for the skills?
    Weak Stance: If any multiplier is over 1x you get 57.3% bonus damage. If any multiplier is at or below 1x you get 10% penalty damage.

Example: An enemy has 30% fire weakness but no striking weakness. This enemy conveniently has 0 defense to make math easy. Math would be different if it had defense.
    500*1.3*1.573=1022.45 satk
    2000*0.9=1800
    Total = 2822.45

Example: An enemy's core has 20% striking weakness, but takes normal fire damage. This enemy conveniently has 0 defense to make math easy. Math would be different if it had defense.
    500*1.2*1.573=943.8
    2000*1.2*1.573=3775.2
    Total = 4719

Element Weak Hit: If any tech or weapon has the element that something is weak to it gets an unconditional 20% damage bonus.

Example: An enemy has 30% fire weakness but no striking weakness. This enemy conveniently has 0 defense to make math easy. Math would be different if it had defense.
    500*1.3*1.2=780
    2000*1.2=2400
    Total = 3180

Example: An enemy's core has 20% striking weakness, but takes normal fire damage. This enemy conveniently has 0 defense to make math easy. Math would be different if it had defense.
    500*1.2=600
    2000*1.2=2400
    Total = 3000

No skills: On these same enemies, for comparison

500*1.3=650
    2000=2000
    Total = 2650

500*1.2=600
    2000*1.2=2400
    Total = 3000

But what about techs? Techs are pure tatk and pure element. Zan is 100% wind and 100% tatk. Foie is 100% fire and 100% tatk. Barta is 100% ice and 100% tatk. This means that Element Weak Hit and Weak Stance work exactly the same way for element weaknesses, however Weak Stance will also work against weak points like cores since they're weak to tatk.

And I'll just reiterate at the end to clear up any confusion: These skills are not multipliers to your atk. They are multipliers to damage. When enemies have defense stats the gains are not the same.

What does this mean? It means Element Weak Hit is great for Techers because it applies to the entire melee hit, not just the elemental portion. It also means EWH is bad for techers because you need so many different wands for nothing but their element. The downside is that you must be using the right element.

If different wands had actually good different latents that would be something else, but for now the only other reason to have different wands is getting 10% bonuses against enemies from different planets.

All of this is why I say enemies should all have additional small weaknesses. Different ones! All caves dragonkin should be weak to ice, and then other random things. All bug darkers should be weak to fire and light, and then other random elements. Kartagots with 5% weakness to ice, Dinians with 5% weakness to wind, etc. This would do so much to fix Techer's problem. EWH would be a 20% damage bonus against tons of enemies of all different types.

If wand gear and techers worked like Battle mages in DFO maybe the idea would work.
    When you have the gear your combo would change from the standard options you get. Where when you did enough hits you got a bonus of your chasers (Orbs of elements that follow you until you sail them at your foes.) if wand gear worked like chaser press you could either take the bonus damage you get with the gear you can empty it and do massive burst damage.

The whole multiple weapons thing would be less of an issue if Wand Gear's explosions were based off the last tech you used to fill the gauge.

So you throw a Zan and whack away for wind based explosions. And as long as nobody ignites your Zondeel, it doesn't charge your gear, so it won't change your element. Just toss out the correct element before you attack specific enemies and you'll always get EWH.

But of course, at least for bosses, WG is actually less damage than the normal attack, so you'd still need multiple wands to maximize your damage.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide