Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    he literally just explained exactly how it works

the 20% multiplier is like an element mastery

it's just 1.2x whatever your damage would have already been

ow

ow ow ow

having to explain third grade math physically hurts me, please stop
    Ok, that makes things even easier to point out. Like, PWand is already 11.4% more damage than the talis(according to someone's sig). So, PWand outputs 11.4% more damage, therefore the Talis can only get 20%-11.4%=8.6% more IF your talis hasn't magically popped back into your hand(don't ask me why because I don't know, but last time I heavily used Talis that happened a LOT). 8.6% is 172 T-Atk, or not enough to outclass PWand in a theoretical discussion about which weapon is better if you can get which skills.

Which reminds me that we haven't taken into consideration the skill trees that would be used for this(Lightning and fire builds):
    Talis:http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...000000Ib000008

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...000000Ib000008

PWand:http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...000000Ib000008

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...000000Ib000008

Oh, and PWand's latent is 7% better at level 3.

math doesnt work that way

i dont even know anymore

hold my chassis tight, giga

at first i made a post, but then i deleted it

i can't even handle this

20 atk is equal to one percent, by converting the amount of attack that PWand has over the talis into a percent we can calculate how much more damage PWand deals over the talis. Therefore we can also figure out how much damage the Talis needs in a boost to outpower the PWand.

Those are the kind of numbers I would use, but they are approximations. YMMV depending on total Atk stats, buffs, and enemy defenses. It's also a bit confusing just throwing them in there without explanation like that.

PWand is 227 T-Atk higher at +10, which would be roughly 11.4% of 2000.
    With 5SP in Talis Tech Bonus, 20% of 2000 is 400, added to the talis for comparison is 1334, which is 172 higher than the PWand.

People consider old weapons obsolete with only a 50 Atk difference, so 172 is pretty significant.

Yes, the talis skill needs to make up for the lower stats on the weapon compared to an equivalent rod, but it definitely surpasses it. 108.6% damage for 5 SP is well worth it in my eyes.

What it really comes down to, as you said, is the difference between the latents, and the opportunity cost on that 5SP. -5PP per cast on lightning techs, or -5% on JA'd techs, or whatever else.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Those are the kind of numbers I would use, but they are approximations. YMMV depending on total Atk stats, buffs, and enemy defenses. It's also a bit confusing just throwing them in there without explanation like that.

PWand is 227 T-Atk higher at +10, which would be roughly 11.4% of 2000.
    With 5SP in Talis Tech Bonus, 20% of 2000 is 400, added to the talis for comparison is 1334, which is 172 higher than the PWand.

People consider old weapons obsolete with only a 50 Atk difference, so 172 is pretty significant.

Yes, the talis skill needs to make up for the lower stats on the weapon compared to an equivalent rod, but it definitely surpasses it. 108.6% damage for 5 SP is well worth it in my eyes.

What it really comes down to, as you said, is the difference between the latents, and the opportunity cost on that 5SP. -5PP per cast on lightning techs, or -5% on JA'd techs, or whatever else.
    Let us not forget the most important part though. The person pressing buttons. You can create the ideal setup, but if someone can't multi-task their hands quickly enough the talis tech bonus isn't useful. Or maybe they have hardware issues and can't cast quickly with anything(faulty mouse or the likes could screw up any force's day).

*stands back and squints eyes*

Woah wait, wah? Dude what are y.. I don't even..

*walks away shaking head*

Now back to the discussion about the depressing state of Techer

All in favor of ignoring the third-grader.

Anyway, back to the original topic as qoxolg proposed, I've been playing around with a Dual Wind TE/FI, and I'm actually really liking the playstyle. Just started to master the Mirage Escape short-hop cancel, and that feels like a better defensive option than Step Attack up close now. I still dunno about Wand Lovers. Are you all planning on getting it, if only for lack of options for melee techer?

I'm wondering what the Tech customization will do for TE/FI now, actually - and I'm thinking it'll be really good. If you look at some of TE's elements, some of the elements could definitely use more complete situational coverage. Wider AoE for Gizan for an actual radial AoE for the Megid series, for instance would be well received. Plus, shorter charging time is always a bonus for TE especially - I miss TE/FO if only for quick charges of Wand Gear with .5 Fire S charge.