Default Help with triple/quad dashing on a controller

I know about mapping keyboard keys with JoyToKey and such, already done this once and was triple dashing successfully! But my problem is that I can't seem to find a comfortable setup that doesn't make regular play difficult. >.< All my buttons do something useful and I can't figure out which ones to replace.

So for those who dash on a controller, what kind of mapping setup do you have?

- Would binding alt+w to the attack button interfere with doing normal attacks/PA on rifle/tech weapons or menus?

- How about weapon palette/subpalette usage? If I set weapon switching to d-pad (which is currently for palette management), where would be a good place to put it on? I saw on another thread palettes mapped to the right stick, but wouldn't that make it impossible to rotate the camera?

- Should I use a toggle button? But then where would I place it? I can't think of an easy-to-access button that has a function that could be moved.

Sorry if this seems like something I need to decide myself, but I'm out of ideas. ^^; I use a PS3 controller btw, if that matters. Default controller layout except for face buttons.

I didn't post in the thread I linked because I don't want to necro. _(┐「ε:)_

JP PSO2 - Ship 2 & 4 | Player ID: Kayarine
    Kayarine | Σ-18 | クロウ | Alexander | シロナ | 【敗者】 | サガ
    テオドール | マトイ | アウロラ | ピエトロ | ブリュー・リンガーダ | ジン

These aren't my settings and I haven't tried them, but they seem to dash just fine. They use Xbox 360 controller:

X = Weapon Active; A = jump; B = item pickup/interact; Y = Lobby Action
    L1 = attack; L2 = PA

And they use the top number row on their keyboard to swap weapons

I'm super lazy to think of a good setup so I have the default setup the game gives you, moved change target from L3 to the PS button, and bound 3, 4, Alt, W onto the L3 button.

It works for me. I should get a real setup one of these days so I can switch other weapons by bind

Thanks for the idea, Matt! I put 2 and 3 on L3 and now it's easier to triple dash than what I had the other time. But putting alt+w on the same button doesn't seem to work with my ping, so I'd need to map it to another button.

Now I can't figure out another button to move/replace. Hard life of playing Fo, need those easy-to-access lockon and subpalette buttons. (´;ω;`)

JP PSO2 - Ship 2 & 4 | Player ID: Kayarine
    Kayarine | Σ-18 | クロウ | Alexander | シロナ | 【敗者】 | サガ
    テオドール | マトイ | アウロラ | ピエトロ | ブリュー・リンガーダ | ジン