Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Question How are random people's manners nowadays?

Aside from EQs, I haven't tried public multiparty for a long while until today.

A short time into a free exploration, I encountered and announced a rare code, then waited for other players to arrive so that they could benefit from it.
    During the code, I got caught in a trap explosion and died, from full health.
    The single person who showed up just ignored me, finished the code, and then left.
    Going by their English-named ID, team name, and English-named friend partners, I assume it was an international player and not Japanese.

As far as I know, there were 3 parties present in the entire multiparty, including mine. All three parties consisted of 1 player and 2 bots.
    In other words, I doubt they had run out of Moon Atomizers.
    I'm not sure if the other person's party was present, because I couldn't move my camera while dead (thanks, SEGA).

What I'm wondering is if this is normal behavior that I should expect from random people in multiparties nowadays, because if it is, I'll know to disable multiparty next time.
    I'd rather die and get sent back to the campship than give a random asshole a laugh at my unfortunate expense.
    I mean, come on. Resurrecting is hardly difficult or expensive.

Not entirely related, but this also reminds me of a certain international player I've seen around here who did a laughing lobby action on me when I accidentally died during Elder.
    I know they weren't trying to specifically grief me because nobody knows which characters I play. That means they must behave that way towards everybody.
    Such delightful people out there.

Edit: I should make clear that I'm usually (but not always) revived fairly quickly in EQs.
    My question is more about random quest multiparties and bumping into random people here and there.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jan 7, 2014 at 07:52 AM.

I don't know about the "international" community but I never saw anything like that. People always rez (unless they are too caught in the fight and not paying attention to their surroundings). Most jp won't even call people out for shocking falz on white chat, much less make fun of someone. Asshole behavior is discouraged as it can easily earn you a place on 2ch infamous community blacklist.

Maybe he/she just run out of Moon Atomizers...like me most of the time
    Busy doing nothing...

Why is it, from my experience, that a lot of JP players always rez but a lot of Gaijins don't? I mean don't people follow the precept: "Do onto others as if you'd like to be done onto you"?
    Last edited by Evangelion X.XX; Jan 7, 2014 at 07:27 AM.

From my experience, nobody revives in this game, ever. It doesn't matter if they're Japanese or from anywhere else. Nobody revives. I can spend a game reviving others non-stop, then I finally die clearly out in the open and my autoword for death activates, and they all just ignore me, finish killing everything, then run straight over my dead body and carry on instead of returning the favor.

I don't know why people say that. I never have a problem with getting revived no matter what ethnicity of player is in the MPA. If I run out of HP, I'm usually only down for like 30 seconds at the absolute most, but on average, like 5-10.

Wow, generalizing a community based on one or a few instances is absurd.

That is like saying someone cut me off on the highway today....are all drivers like that?

I say this.. ya ran into a douche, acknowledge and move on. BLACKLIST if you must but then again that will just be one last person to buy from your shop.

Let it go man, acknowledge and move on.
    FIGHT ON!

spAwn

Profile pic courtesy of Scarlet_Starlet, check it out!

Well, my question is if people feel that this kind of behavior is common nowadays.
    It's not really generalizing if we're going by most common occurrences.

I mean, no point subjecting ourselves to frustration if we can avoid it, especially if it's the norm.

Edit: I should make clear that I'm usually (but not always) revived fairly quickly in EQs.
    My question is more about random quest multiparties and bumping into random people here and there.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jan 7, 2014 at 07:52 AM.

I'm posting again because I didn't say it earlier; I've never had a bad experience, I'm always revived by people (because I die a lot lol), either people I know or random Japanese I party with. And it's not a big deal if someone refuses to spent a Moon Atomizer he's just greedy.
    Busy doing nothing...

I'm pretty quick to try to revive people when I see them go down. I'm also one of those kind of people who turned on HP bar displays under everyone's char names. I use this in MPA stuff to try to keep track of people's health and heal them as needed.

People have been pretty good to me too when it comes to revives. Healing, Seems USUALLY to stay within teams I've noted since not everyone knows you can display HP Gauges from what I've heard. But hey, easy enough if you really need the healing, to just lurk by the most Resta spammy player.