Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Elements on weapons,what they do,what they dont

just wanting a bit of clarification or perhaps a guide on how weapon based elements/attributes work in PSO2,main questions being

striking weps: element % boosts damage for striking attacks?

ranged weps: element % boosts damage for ranged attacks?

tech weps: element % boosts damage for striking attacks? boosts damage of same element techs?
    boosts damage for techsplosion of wand gear?

if anything gets a damage bonus from element,does it stack with the element weak hit skill?

would an elemental set of a weapon type be beneficial as opposed to neutral due to elements not boosting damage to certain damage types?

i tend to try and attack with a weapon of the element the enemy is weak against,id like to hope its not a waste of effort.

It's extra Atk equal to the elemental attribute's value as a percent of the weapon's Atk stat, including the grind but not affixes.

So if your sword or gun has 1000 Atk, 50% lightning, you get 500 bonus Atk as lightning damage. All other sources of Atk, including the weapon itself, counts as neutral damage.

The elemental portion does get affected by elemental weakness and resistance, but not the neutral portion. There is no downside to having an element of some kind on your weapon, even if the enemy is heavily resistant to that type. Of course, having the correct element would be better, but nothing is worse than no element at all.

The bonus elemental Atk does count toward PA damage, but not techs.

Element Weak Hit boosts your entire damage by 20% if the element on your weapon is the enemy's weakness (with normal attacks or PAs). This was recently changed, as before only the elemental portion would be boosted. But this still does not allow the neutral part of your attack to count towards Weak Stance.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    It's extra Atk equal to the elemental attribute's value as a percent of the weapon's Atk stat, including the grind but not affixes.

So if your sword or gun has 1000 Atk, 50% lightning, you get 500 bonus Atk as lightning damage. All other sources of Atk, including the weapon itself, counts as neutral damage.
    Fairly sure that 50% is only one part of the equation. The thread that had the formula in it is somewhere buried in these forums, but at the end of it, 50 element was worth 10% more s/r atk, which makes sense or else we'd be seeing much larger damage spikes between 30 and 50 element weapons. In your example, that 500 extra atk is worth ~45% more damage (perhaps a little less) over the same weapon with no element depending on the player's stats
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jan 10, 2014 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Fairly sure that 50% is only one part of the equation. The thread that had the formula in it is somewhere buried in these forums, but at the end of it, 50 element was worth 10% more s/r atk, which makes sense or else we'd be seeing much larger damage spikes between 30 and 50 element weapons. In your example, that 500 extra atk is worth ~45% more damage (perhaps a little less) over the same weapon with no element depending on the player's stats
    I'm certain it works how UnLucky explained.

Let's say you have 600 base ATK, and the 1000 ATK sword/gun. This will give you 1600 ATK at 0% element, 1900 ATK at 30% element, and 2100 ATK at 50% element. 2100 ATK is roughly 10% stronger than 1900 ATK, so there's your 10% difference. Compared to a 0% element, it's 31% stronger.

All rares drop with elements now, so you shouldn't really need to compare against a 0% element, but rather more like 20-30%.

People sure would have a lot more concrete evidence around here if they just freaking tried it themselves instead of assuming everything UnLucky says is right.

This is from the JP wiki. I can't japanese, and google translate wasn't all that helpful but if someone else wants to try, be my guest.

打撃
    打撃ダメージ = (トータルの打撃力 / 5 - 敵の打撃防御 / 5) * 打撃部位倍率
    属性ダメージ = 強化は含み能力は含まない武器攻撃力 / 5 * (属性値/100) * 属性部位倍率
    最終ダメージ = (打撃ダメージ + 属性ダメージ) * PAやスキルによる倍率 * (1.05※)
    ※最後の1.05倍は武器の種別を含めて要検証。2012年の秋頃から仕様変更された可能性があ る。

射撃
    射撃ダメージ = (トータルの射撃力 / 5 - 敵の射撃防御 / 5) * 射撃部位倍率
    属性ダメージ = 強化は含み能力は含まない武器攻撃力 / 5 * (属性値/100) * 属性部位倍率
    最終ダメージ = (射撃ダメージ + 属性ダメージ) * PAやスキルによる倍率 * (1.05※)

テクニック
    最終ダメージ = (トータルの法撃力 / 5 - 敵の法撃防御 / 5) * 属性部位倍率 * PAやスキルによる倍率 * (1.05※)
    ※テクニックは全て属性ダメージであり、武器の属性は影響しない。フルチャージ時のダメージが基 準となる。
    ※属性部位倍率には法撃部位倍率が含まれているが、ややこしい(分離して検証できない)ためこの式では省略 している。

部位倍率
    敵や敵の部位によって、打撃、射撃、各属性ダメージの倍率が変わる。以下の様なものが確認され ている。
    弱点属性にかかる対応倍率は 1.2 や 1.3 のエネミーが多い。
    ファルス・ヒューナルの剣は光属性のみ高倍率、他属性は低倍率になっている。
    射撃で頭を狙うとダメージが増加するいわゆるヘッドショットは、射撃部位倍率のみが 2.0 倍のエネミーが多い。
    ダーカーのコアや侵食核など、打撃射撃及び全ての属性でダメージが倍になる部位もある。
    カルターゴの正面やマルモスの側面など、部位倍率が 1.0 以下のエネミーもいる。
    ヴォルドラゴンなど、属性倍率が 1.0 以下の水面下で差があったり、特定の部位にのみ弱点属性が存在するエネミーもいる。

Striking damage = [(Total S-atk/5)-(enemy S-def/5)]*Striking damage modifier
    Elemental damage = Weapon S-atk(that does not include affixes)/5 * Elemental value/100* Elemental damage modifier
    Total striking damage = (Striking damage+Elemental damage)*PA and skill tree*1.05

Ranged = same thing as striking but replace with ranged, obviously.

Tech damage = [(Total T-atk/5)-(Enemy T-def/5)]*Elemental modifier*PA and skill tree*1.05

Random *1.05 because SEGA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    Striking damage = [(Total S-atk/5)-(enemy S-def/5)]*Striking damage modifier
    Elemental damage = Weapon S-atk(that does not include affixes)/5 * Elemental value/100* Elemental damage modifier
    Total striking damage = (Striking damage+Elemental damage)*PA and skill tree*1.05

Ranged = same thing as striking but replace with ranged, obviously.

Tech damage = [(Total T-atk/5)-(Enemy T-def/5)]*Elemental modifier*PA and skill tree*1.05

Random *1.05 because SEGA.
    Thank you~

Plugging some stuff into the elemental damage formula, we'd get...

1000/5 * 50/100 for the base bonus not including resistances or that 5% tacked on.

That's 200 * .5

That's... 100? A 10% increase of s-atk on a weapon?

I think I'm inputting the elemental value wrong. How to math

EDIT: Derp, I think I see know. It's not S-atk it's just damage. Damage, that based on the formulas seems to ignore defense. Assuming an enemy has like 500 defense or something and the player has 500 base s-atk with no stances or anything...

[(1500/5)-(500/5)]
    [300-100]
    200 damage.

So if we take that and combine it with the elemental damage bonus it's

300*1.05
    315 damage.

That's a pretty hefty increase, but since it's based purely on weapon damage I think it could vary a lot. I don't know I'm too groggy for this...
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jan 10, 2014 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    I'm certain it works how UnLucky explained.

Let's say you have 600 base ATK, and the 1000 ATK sword/gun. This will give you 1600 ATK at 0% element, 1900 ATK at 30% element, and 2100 ATK at 50% element. 2100 ATK is roughly 10% stronger than 1900 ATK, so there's your 10% difference. Compared to a 0% element, it's 31% stronger.

All rares drop with elements now, so you shouldn't really need to compare against a 0% element, but rather more like 20-30%.
    I ment a 10% atk difference from 0 element to 50. Not from 30 to 50 (in which case the difference should be mearly 4%).

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Thank you~

Plugging some stuff into the elemental damage formula, we'd get...

1000/5 * 50/100 for the base bonus not including resistances or that 5% tacked on.

That's 200 * .5

That's... 100? A 10% increase of s-atk on a weapon?

I think I'm inputting the elemental value wrong. How to math
    Looks legit assuming the parentheses were omitted in the original formula and should be (1000/5)*(50/100), in which case you did it right.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jan 10, 2014 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Looks legit assuming the parenthases were omitted in the original formula and should be (1000/5)*(50/100), in which case you did it right.
    I edited my post to include the first and last parts of the formula as well. It's 10% of your weapon damage added to your damage. It's not s-atk. That's a pretty big difference since 10% more atk is negligible, but 10% more damage is pretty good, even if it's just your weapon's damage.

EDIT: This does of course mean that it's not necessarily a straight 50% damage bonus unless your atk is exactly half of your weapon's atk.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jan 10, 2014 at 04:29 PM.