Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I edited my post to include the first and last parts of the formula as well. It's 10% of your weapon damage added to your damage. It's not s-atk. That's a pretty big difference since 10% more atk is negligible, but 10% more damage is pretty good, even if it's just your weapon's damage.

EDIT: This does of course mean that it's not necessarily a straight 50% damage bonus unless your atk is exactly half of your weapon's atk.
    I'm assuming that's 10% extra weapon damage before affixes since they're excluded from the math.

I'll go play with the damage myself in game.

edit: Yeah you're right it's at least 10% damage, not 10% atk. Maybe my memory wasn't the best, but it was in the ballpark.

Tested using a pair of un-affixed vita esrains. One with no element, the other with 50 light, both at +10 and beat on a SH-level nab rappy.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jan 10, 2014 at 05:01 PM.

ok, i've went ahead and tested on lv1 oodans and rappies using two 6* Vita Hatchet +10
    gunslashes using first hit melee crits while on maxed furystance and full hp with maxed perfect keeper: i've had a total 1017 S-ATK, the gunslashes have 379 S-ATK at +10; first gunslash had 50 fire, second one had no element

50 fire gunslash
    oodan: 486

no element gunslash
    oodan: 395

spoiler: the gunslash s-atk contribution amounts to only 37.2% of the whole total S-ATK and if you can't see the already massive gain in damage from having the 50% attribute with a weapon that only has such small attack value (imagine if it was something with 1000 base attack, what the fuck) then it can't be helped
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

My bad! It's equivalent anyway

For reference adding 50% more weapon atk to weapon the first formula with no element bonus...

[(2000/5)-(500/5)]
    [400-100]
    300 damage

And slapping that 5% on there it's 315

Throwing more numbers in there. This time let's say your weapon has 2000 atk, you have 400, and your enemy 600 defense.

Base Damage
    (2400/5)-(600/5)
    480-120

Element Damage
    (2000/5)*(50/100)
    400*0.5

Final Damage
    360+200*0.05

Adding 50% more weapon atk with no element again.

Base Damage
    (3400/5)-(600/5)
    680-120

Final damage is
    560*0.05=588

Yeah it's a straight equivalent of 50% more atk on your weapon.

Half of vita esrain's atk at +10 is 236.5.

Shunka shunran 1st stab crits (uncharged) with 1435 s atk maxed fury, and average stance on lvl 61 odans:

No element: 5486

50 light: 6580

236.5 atk is worth ~20% more damage in this case with my stats.

Going to double check without stances.

2498 and 2996 without stances. Would be nice to see the difference if stronger rare weapons without elements still existed, but that would be a horrible thing to wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    ok, i've went ahead and tested on lv1 oodans and rappies using two 6* Vita Hatchet +10
    gunslashes using first hit melee crits while on maxed furystance and full hp with maxed perfect keeper: i've had a total 1017 S-ATK, the gunslashes have 379 S-ATK at +10; first gunslash had 50 fire, second one had no element

50 fire gunslash

no element gunslash

spoiler: the gunslash s-atk contribution amounts to only 37.2% of the whole total S-ATK and if you can't see the already massive gain in damage from having the 50% attribute with a weapon that only has such small attack value (imagine if it was something with 1000 base attack, what the fuck) then it can't be helped
    You shouldn't use a fire weapon against enemies weak to fire when testing the effects of the element alone.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jan 10, 2014 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    You shouldn't use a fire weapon against enemies weak to fire when testing the effects of the element alone.
    and you shouldn't test low attack weapons on high defense enemies
    i imagine if i used something other than fire i would be dealing 470ish damage
    i'll put out something other than fire in few mins
    edit: crit was exactly 470 on a 50 ice +10 vita hatchet
    Last edited by jooozek; Jan 10, 2014 at 05:58 PM.
    P S O W

and you shouldn't test low attack weapons on high defense enemies
    The elemental bonus ignores defense anyway so that shouldn't matter how much defense they have.

What are you guys even testing? How much the element boosts your overall damage? Cause that's gonna vary a lot and the rest we can't figure out without knowing actual enemy defense.

What are you guys even testing? How much the element boosts your overall damage? Cause that's gonna vary a lot and the rest we can't figure out without knowing actual enemy defense.
    Not really. I was testing under the assumption it did in fact give 50% s atk, and how accurately it reflects on damage.

Speaking of which, I should test the 1* katana next.

And for some reason they're over 17k each. -_-
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jan 10, 2014 at 06:04 PM.

i've read this
    Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    (...) 50 element was worth 10% more s/r atk, which makes sense or else we'd be seeing much larger damage spikes between 30 and 50 element weapons. (...)
    so i went ahead and tested because i knew empirically that obviously it was way, way more than 10% damage and the conversion of attribute to % of the base of the weapon's attack value was 1:1 (percentage wise speaking)
    Last edited by jooozek; Jan 10, 2014 at 06:37 PM.
    P S O W

Woah, this thread sure blew up.

50 fire gunslash

no element gunslash
    So it's exactly as I explained it.

50% of your weapon's Atk stat (379*0.5=189.5) boosted by 20% due to fire weakness becomes 227.4.

Compared to your total Atk it's 227.4/1017=22.4%

The damage difference between your two attempts is (486-395)/395=23%
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

It's pretty much like unlucky explained. I'm surprised that people STILL dont know how elements on melee and range weapons work.

Pretty much 50% weapons are always better than weapons with no element at all.

So for exmaple, if DF drops you an Ely Sion (sword) with 20% light but someone has a 50% light flame brand the flame brand is STRONGER than your shiny 12* sword lmao.

Unless you're lucky enough to get another Ely Sion to 50% it, but that's not realistic =P

Ive known this fact since 2012 and I been called horrible names by B20 whenever I try to explain this to them LOL.