Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Speaking of the soundtrack, even listening to the arranged versions, most of it isn't as memorable as the really good stuff from the first game. The only area tracks I actually like are the Ruins, Seabed, and Dragon Altar themes, and that's about it. Compare that to PSO1 where the only theme I would consider forgettable is the Caves theme... And still nothing touches the original Ruins theme. I was really hoping they'd release SOMETHING emotional on that level but there's seriously nothing in PSO2 that can match it, despite, y'know, being composed by the exact same composer.

Blargh, I say. Blargh.

...Getting back on-topic, I would actually be interested in those outfits if the footwear could be switched out. Them heels be ridiculous, mang.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Speaking of the soundtrack, even listening to the arranged versions, most of it isn't as memorable as the really good stuff from the first game. The only area tracks I actually like are the Ruins, Seabed, and Dragon Altar themes, and that's about it. Compare that to PSO1 where the only theme I would consider forgettable is the Caves theme... And still nothing touches the original Ruins theme. I was really hoping they'd release SOMETHING emotional on that level but there's seriously nothing in PSO2 that can match it, despite, y'know, being composed by the exact same composer.
    Yeah, I agree 100% there. Maybe he just wanted to go for a different feel overall, but most of it is just... eeeeeeh to me. A few tracks like den's stand out to me, but that's really it.

I'm convinced that Kobayashi isn't responsible for the boss music as it doesn't sound anything like his style. Whoever is on board for that seems to be pretty consistent with putting out solid work on that front at least (Biol Meduna is pretty whatever though).

Ultimately, I think the Sympathy system ruins the soundtrack's ability to be memorable and the soundtrack as it is stands to be just okay. Taking PSO's variable track system to 11 seemed like a good idea at first, but the jumpy switching makes it so hard to get into a groove. In the original PSO, sometimes I'd make a fight last just a little bit longer to get to a part that was amazing. There's only a few individual segments throughout PSO2 where I feel the same and it's random on whether they'll actually show up.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalDude View Post
    I'm convinced that Kobayashi isn't responsible for the boss music as it doesn't sound anything like his style. Whoever is on board for that seems to be pretty consistent with putting out solid work on that front at least (Biol Meduna is pretty whatever though).
    You definitely have a good ear about that. The boss tracks which are actually by Kobayashi are "Growl, from the Blast Rage" (vs. Vol Dragon), "Fleet Fencer" (vs. Blu Ringarder), obligatory Dark Vibras' theme and all of the Dark Falz tracks - from "Violent Dynasty" to "IDOLA: The Sledge of Destruction". Also about Meduna: the second phase track ("Wavering Bloom" iirc) is just breathtakingly beautiful, almost reminding me of some of Tatsuyuki Maeda's tracks. Yet I don't think I've ever heard most of it in-game, as Meduna just won't burrow for more than fifteen seconds. Those composers sure like to be over-the-top in everything, heh.

Oh, so he did do Ringahda then? I've always loved that one as well.

I guess you weren't here when I pointed it out, but most (if not all) of the other boss tracks are composed by Kenichi Tokoi. Kind of wish they'd let him compose an area track, just so I could hear the difference...

Time to buy those twin daggers and that Katana all I want.

Sig by Gama

i got a question i can get the psvita version and use the codes on PC ?

Yes, the codes are for the Visiphone.

is there suppose to be a collector's edition or sort??

i heard theres suppose to include some merchandise like posters etc? i dunno