Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Cast force or techer

How will the power be if I want to play as let's say fo/br or te/hu

BR ≧ GU >>> FI ≧ HU >>> Elysion >>>>> Impenetrable Wall >>>>> Force and Techers

DPS wise, sound about right at current endgame. Still doesn't stop me from maining FO. From your selection, you seem to want to go for a melee/caster hybrid, just be ready for trouble for boss fight. I know, since I got an alt tehu caseal stuck in VH that I hasn't played since before SH launch.

Tehu is more of a melee using tech for support and charging wand gear. Gathering mob with zondeel to unleash stacked wand gear explosion is pretty fun and effective. But boss fight are unholy slow, slower than a FO.

FoBr, if played as a pure caster with weak stance it's like a stronger FoTe when matching Fo's element to mob elemental weakness and do decent with TE's element (weak spot still apply for off element). It only lack the PP regen and support tech range. If you're maining katana/bow, then FO offer little really outside of access to tech for support and control.
    Ship 2
    ID: Mentalist
    Chareen, FOTE
    Tasia, GUHU/RA, RAHU or SUGU.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpen Thingy View Post
    stupid since cast fo or te is fucking retarded
    Hi. I play a newearl BR/HU.

Racial base stats don't really matter nearly as much as you think they do, and they'll only mean less as time goes on.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by *Godly* View Post
    How will the power be if I want to play as let's say fo/br or te/hu
    Cast stats actually favor Te/Hu playstyle when it comes to dealing damage. Lumpen, you might want to ease up on that reply button.

If you want to offensively cast techs, any other race does have better base stats for T atk, but not by any game-breaking amount. Even the polar opposite, newman female, has a 75 T atk advantage at 65/65 which isn't that big a deal assuming you're raising a T atk mag anyway. Only problem you'll have with your stats is you'll have to wait a little longer to use some weapons, and the only thing you can't equip at all without sinking points into T atk ups as a cast Fo/Br is a psycho wand. It's not favorable to be an offensive tech-using cast, but it isn't the end of the world if you do it. Just be aware of the stats you need, and what you have http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jan 15, 2014 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Hi. I play a newearl BR/HU.

Racial base stats don't really matter nearly as much as you think they do, and they'll only mean less as time goes on.
    Playing a slightly disadvantaged version of the most OP class combination in the game is not exactly comparable to playing a slightly disadvantaged version of the worst classes in the game. Te/Hu isn't suddenly going to become good with the wand lovers update either.

Quote Originally Posted by GALEFORCE View Post
    Playing a slightly disadvantaged version of the most OP class combination in the game is not exactly comparable to playing a slightly disadvantaged version of the worst classes in the game. Te/Hu isn't suddenly going to become good with the wand lovers update either.
    Doesn't make the point of 'racial base stats barely mattering' any less valid. Did you somehow miss my point? Do you think my newearl base stats suddenly make a difference when I solo XQs as Fi/Hu instead?
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jan 15, 2014 at 02:36 AM.

Casts suffer the most of any race when it comes to playing against their favored roles. While it's true their stats lend themselves most to Te/Hu vs Fo anything that's pretty much the same as saying a fish is better suited to swim through liquid shit than burning gasoline.

Point is it's just as ridiculous to try to silence the people who are telling the TC that there is no right decision, only a more wrong one in that scenario as it is to reply to the question with "they're all retarded".

You're in a minority to boot so you're kinda coming across as picking a fight
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Fucking retarded would me wasting my time leveling Hunter braver all over again on a new character I main br/Hu gu/Hu I was just gonna experiment. I have a force lv 53 but don't have all the other classes lv 65 as with my cast

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    Casts suffer the most of any race when it comes to playing against their favored roles. While it's true their stats lend themselves most to Te/Hu vs Fo anything that's pretty much the same as saying a fish is better suited to swim through liquid shit than burning gasoline.

Point is it's just as ridiculous to try to silence the people who are telling the TC that there is no right decision, only a more wrong one in that scenario as it is to reply to the question with "they're all retarded".

You're in a minority to boot so you're kinda coming across as picking a fight
    If that was directed at me, I'd like to know how actually answering the OP's question properly, and thoroughly, and even mentioning that casts are in fact at a stat disadvantage in T atk, though not gamebreaking, with the skill builder so the OP can see racial stats themselves, vs answering with 'it's fucking retarded' with no further elaboration is me picking a fight. Ultimately, nothing I said was wrong.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jan 15, 2014 at 02:53 AM.