Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default In a couple of years, will you remember PSO2 the same way you did with PSO1/U?

Obviously this is a question for those who have played the previous games, but if PSO2 is your first phantasy star online game then go ahead and share your thoughts as well.

For me personally not even close. Nothing about the game has touched me the same way previous games have. At first I wasn't too sure what to think about the game, it took me a long while to have a definite opinion about it because things are just all over the place. On one side the combat had potential to be part of the greatest online experience ever, only for the rest of the game to be everything that makes a F2p game today terrible.
    Last edited by Agitated_AT; Mar 22, 2021 at 11:09 AM.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

No, unfortunately. First of all, I'm much older, so things don't effect me as much as they used to. But beyond that, I've barely touched the game. It was nice when everything was challenging, but now everyone's just plows through everything. And yet, soloing is still far too tedious to bother with.

However, this is my best rendition of Levia to date, and I may even go so far as to finalize her looks soon because of this game. So, I have that going for me.

No, but that's mostly because times have changed.

PSO was awesome and I still play it with friends when I can.

But I really enjoy the updated mechanics of PSO2. If only we could have PSO with PSO2's engine...

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Not being 11 or 14 anymore.

Smaller community.

Less patience for online games that throw bullshit at you.

PSO2 NOT being PSO/PSU.

Thinking that "if this game is building off of where portable series left off it should be the best online game in existence" then that NOT happening.

Realizing this whole series is mediocre to begin with outside of a few ideas that would've been earth shattering if used by someone not named SEGA.

Becoming Korean F2P with cashshop style game design.

Half of my friends not wanting to play because it was in Japanese.

This game is actually so uneventful while playing, that this is the first time in the series I felt the need to become a regular poster on PSOW just for extra "kicks."

If I could put a Mastersword inside of a rock and travel back to the first time I played PSO with 3 other friends, or re-live my first week of PSU as if I've never played the games before I would.

I would not say the same for PSO2.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Pros:Random spawns and layouts
    Random objective during missions
    More freedom of customization
    More varied attacks
    More people = More Mobs

Cons: More people = Things gets exterminated so fast it isnīt even funny.
    (Could use some actual balance there, enemies should become tougher, faster and less flinchy the more people are around)

Lonewolf = Less mobs ( I tend to like going Lonewolf in games to challenge myself but damn)

At least thatīs how i saw things back in 2012.
    Last edited by darkante; Jan 18, 2014 at 06:28 PM.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

No. As someone with a game design mentality, everything about cash shop pisses me off. It means that development priorities rarely focus on making genuine improvements to the game on a week-to-week basis.

No.
    Reason: Everything

sig by me, PM if you want to request one.
    Ship 2/Ship 4:
    Sakia HU FI newearl | アモリ RAmarl | Hasumi FO RA caseal | ぴょましFOnewearl | 白井 BR HU Duman | リーヨウ RA GU caseal| Rena SU FI| マテオ HU/NK

I really enjoy PSO2, if only because it's one of the few MMOs I've found that doesn't employ action-bar combat, which I'm really starting to hate.

Will I remember it in the same light? No, partially because times have changed and I've gotten older.

Will I remember it positively and in a similar way? Yes. I've always been a phantasy star fan.

No for two simple reasons: They're different games, and by the time I got into PSO1 it had been polished up and expanded on several times already.

I won't delve into other factors, such as droprates or grinding, since those fall under the domain of F2P design - which is a part of them being different games.