Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loool View Post
    SHUNKA EVERYTHING!
    ^one of the people who die to carterdransa

Quote Originally Posted by Melodys View Post
    Thanks for the tips. Got to play Braver for a little while yesterday and I like it! I think I'll go with a 30 dex mag build too since Braver's skill tree forces you to take 10 dex at the start anyway. However, I do have a couple of extra questions. When using Shunka on specific bosses, is it better to lock on to a specific part like Ragne's core, Vol's head, Quartz's nose and Dragon Ex's right arm? I find that I tend to go all over the place without lock on.
    Lock on

Quote Originally Posted by Melodys View Post
    In what situations would Hatou be better? I heard it's better than Shunka with Banthers and maybe Falz arms at least or in situations when getting close to a boss is undesirable.
    It's better when you have cetos proi out too.

Also, 650k hatou disks? Lol I'd farm it if getting my lvl16 the first time wasn't such a pain in the ass.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jan 20, 2014 at 08:53 PM.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Quote Originally Posted by Limbo_lag View Post
    HR from rare malluda, Shunka from rare vibras (tower defence). 650k eh? time to farm _(:3 」∠ )_
    Just wait until Beach LQ. =E

Then it won't be worth farming. Only a few hours left anyway.

{Theme: Infinite Legends}
    RadiantAim: When did you get here?
    LegendAim: Wow he actually leveled him
    LordAim: Hai gaiz

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    ^one of the people who die to carterdransa

Lock on

It's better when you have cetos proi out too.

Also, 650k hatou disks? Lol I'd farm it if getting my lvl16 the first time wasn't such a pain in the ass.
    You can block and/or dash cancel shunka before the final hit and as long as you lock onto his tail, it isn't a problem. Shunka is easy to control with a little brain power.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    You can block and/or dash cancel shunka before the final hit and as long as you lock onto his tail, it isn't a problem. Shunka is easy to control with a little brain power.
    Just poking fun at bravers who don't do that/overuse shunka against literally everything. It's funny to watch.

Either way, assuming someone does cancel shunka shunran by the second attack out of fearing for their health, hatou can put out similar damage for the PP, along with the safety of range, and speed.

If you position correctly, caters won't swipe around until at less than half health making Shunka the preferred tool for them. This obviously doesn't work in MPAs though since everyone is everywhere.

Hotau is faster against Nab 1 Rockbear and the more efficient PA against the second cater on Sanct if you pop KC for 10 - 20sec Quartz kill. with low enough ping you can even do some cool chains with Hatou for instant kills.

From playing more with Braver, I usually use Hatou on certain bosses when my KC is still on cooldown and if the boss isn't in a vulnerable position since it puts me in a stationary position, ready to step or just guard attacks. Shunka tends to mess up the camera and position for a step or guard since it lunges all over the place. Though for bosses with easy, slower attack patterns like Rockbear and Cata, Shunka is fine for them even when outside of KC.
    Last edited by Melodys; Jan 21, 2014 at 09:06 PM.

I know from my experience that I always have PP problem when playing around with Hatou, and since you will be closing in on your target anyway, I decided that Hatou is not effective against anything.

Shunka is the deal for me and good news is I'm already used on how Shunka react and I can cancel it midway whenever I need and control the charge direction.

Of course I don't have a way to make shortcuts that can change PA midway so I only play with Shunka and Kanran (I have Asagiri also for dashing)

If I have to play Ranged, I just change to my trusty bow and thats usually more than enough.

Use Hatou when not in katana combat and experiencing "not so damn brave anymore, eh?" debuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.