Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Hi, I'm new and have a few questions.

Hello everyone, I just created this account to clear some things straight before buying PSO2. I'm not completely new to pso, I played the PSO on the Dreamcast and played a lot on Universe so I know the basics. I just have a few questions regarding this game so if you can answer them, I'll be gladly thankful!

1. Is this game ever going to come out for the US? I've been kind of waiting since the announcement, but not constantly checking every day, just like every couple months. I told myself once they release this for the US, I would get it. I know about the english patch, but I know it doesn't cover everything so I prefer just waiting for Sega releasing the US version. I don't mind waiting, but if it's never going to come out, then I'll just bite the bone with the english patch.

2. What's the difference of buying the hard copy of the game than downloading it on the vita. Isn't free to download PSO2 on the vita when you create a japanese account?

3. Can you download the english patch on the PS Vita?

4. Which website is the official wiki for PSO2 with the most info, such as weapons, outfits and etc. I know pspedia.info was meant for PSU, something like that.

5. Is PSOWorld the most active forums for this game?

6. What is a Sega ID I keep reading about?

7. Do I need to pay monthly for a Guardian License just like how they did with PSU

8. Where can I receive updates for this game? Like twitter, or PSOWorld

9. Last question, could someone explain step by step on setting up this game? Like if I download it, how to download the english patch and such.

I appreciate to whoever answers these questions, thank you!

1. Most likely no

2.hard copy gives you little item codes and downloading it doesn't .

3.english patch is only for PC users

4. You can use this to start you off. http://pso2.cirnopedia.info

5. Yes pso-world is the most active forum for the English community

6. Sega ID is your account name aka log in

7. No Pso2 is 100% free but I would suggest going premium if you can afford it or at least buying a monthly Player shop pass.

8.for updates visit either pso-world or http://bumped.org/psublog/

9. There are many tutorials on how to download the game,make a sega ID and even how to get webmoney search the forums.. As for English patch visit Aida's tweaker thread.

There goes my good deed for the year..

Okay, thank you so much Noc Codez for taking the time to help me out, appreciate it! And thanks for replying back so fast. I really wanted to play this for my Vita though. So there is no way to play an english translation version for the Vita?

No your best bet is to play on PC .. But if you have to play on vita then I guess you have too

Yeah, man I could play either way pc or vita but I just rather play on the vita since its easier and I can take it on the go. So is it just pretty much confirmed that Sega isn't going to release this game for the US? They've already said long ago that it is going to happen, they just keep delaying it and not updating us with any info about it. Because if it'll eventually come out this year, than I would just rather wait for it.

it's not confirmed, it's just baseless rumours
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Do you think Sega will ever release it maybe by summer at least?

i'm pretty sure they will release it in the end but when, no idea
    just play the japanese version for time being
    edit: actually, now i remembered that one of their subsidiaries was looking for an server engineer recently which means that they are getting closer to releasing
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

meanwhile, SEA version is getting released by march. . .

I laugh because people still have hope for a US/EU release .. no word since Pax 2012.. give it up already it's not coming..