Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Natural character HP / Defense not rising fast enough.

I feel like character HP and defense, especially for Forces, are not rising fast enough in terms of enemy strength.

I realize that FOs need to be somewhat more squishy than the other classes, but even on PSO1, a FO could accumulate a reasonable amount of HP / Defense without going to unreasonable expense.

This does not seem to be the case on PSO2, and affects more classes beyond FO. While enemy HP rises threefold over a five-level span, player stats do not keep up. Even with "decent" current-tier equipment, a FO can rarely survive two hits in Mining Base Defense, and can easily be one-shotted.

I understand that FOs can get one-shotted sometimes, but it happens a lot more in PSO2 than in PSO1 (save for Megid; I'm referring to damage-based attacks here).

In order to maintain my current DPS while making a modest gain in HP and defense, I would have to either:

A. Purchase a fully upgraded unit set for over 80 million Meseta, or
    B. Buy the base pieces and upgrade them manually, which could cost even more than buying fully upgraded pieces if I'm unlucky.

What really compounds this problem is that there's no way to consistently hunt units on this game (at least when compared to weapons). You can literally play all day without getting a single "Red Code" that gives a decent chance to drop a good unit.

I was starting to worry in VH, but now I am dreading the next time enemy power increases. Pretty soon, medium-sized enemies will be able to regularly one-shot modestly geared FOs if something doesn't change. Right now, this only happens a handful of times, but it will get worse if the stat growth isn't adjusted.

Four or 5 HP per level-up isn't helping. I would like to see the next level cap increase come with some significant boosts to max HP and defense. Otherwise, we risk making the game inaccessible for FO players who don't have 100+ million Meseta to burn.
    Last edited by MidCap; Jan 31, 2014 at 01:32 PM.

Wait, people still think 100m meseta is actually anything in this game..?

And learn to dodge, really.

1. 100m Meseta is a lot to spend on one character. Sure, there's easy ways to make money, but there's easy ways to lose infinitely more money due to bad luck.

2. Even the best players are going to get hit once in awhile. It would be nice if that didn't mean certain death most of the time.

3. Post something constructive for once. You're always degrading people.

I would suggest crafting your current unit set. Your units' defense will be on par with most of the new 10* units and you'll be able to keep your affixes.

Also, forces don't need to be near enemies to damage them. Stay at a safe distance and start launching techs. That, and practice keeping your deband up and dodging with your mirage step. You won't have to worry about your stats if you can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arksenth View Post
    "Hi guys, please pay attention to me!"

without your friend u have nothing.. go back to the corner u came out of.

Or play Gunner or Braver and not have to dodge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

The combat in this game isn't like PSO1 or PSU, it's more like Monster Hunter (And I'm told God Eater too). It's more about guarding and hitting than taking hits.

I hate Monster Hunter. Too much defending and not enough gratifying ass-kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by MidCap View Post
    I hate Monster Hunter. Too much defending and not enough gratifying ass-kicking.
    When you learn the game you get hit so seldomly that it hardly matters.

It's very godeater. I wish it were a bit away from Mon Hun with the delay between drinking.