Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Since you apparently still can't draw out all of these thoughts to their logical conclusion, I will:

You are playing an asian F2P game. Shit is different over there. As long as the JPs paying for it are satisfied enough to keep paying they will not change anything. They don't have a large, long lasting MMO market like we do in the west. They don't have a massive variety of options and experience to recognize the good and bad things implemented by other games. It doesn't matter if the game itself isn't that great - many of them don't realize it. It doesn't matter if it's just clothes for 6 month spans of time. It doesn't matter if games in the west handle F2P better - Sega is raking in cash with actual rakes because they can't keep up with all the money players throw at them to watch Quna sing for the 700th time so they can fight Dark Falz Elder with +5 levels with boosted droprates for items that aren't even new, most of which are actually reskins of pre-existing items.

People can't contain their orgasms (literally in many cases) over how cute and alarmingly revealing the new outfits look on their loli, and if any one thing sells it's sex.

Nobody - not anyone else and not you - nobody is doing shit about it because no matter how much better the gameplay could be Sega probably doesn't even know why PSO2 is so successful so they're not daring to touch a goddamn thing if they don't absolutely have to. They sure seem to not realize why PSO and PSU were so successful, otherwise many of the issues this game has would've been removed on the drawing board.

The only possible way this will change is if one of two things happen:
    1. Suddenly they're not making nearly as much money on sexy loli costumes as before and they have to address the game's other problems.
    2. They release it in another country, are forced to sink or swim and somehow manage to swim by adapting the game to be able to compete with established western titles, and the JPs notice this and realize just how short the end of their stick has actually been.

This is what you aren't grasping. Everything that isn't sexy lolis has been a lazy, halfassed solution to a variety of issues all at once because they can get away with it. As far as they're concerned: as long as this fix doesn't break something else, and it makes this not as terrible, then it's fine. Yes, the economy is mildly annoying as a result of premium mechanics and rich players being able to brute force Dudu's failure streaks to find the winning streaks. Yes, making meseta is a huge bottleneck - intentionally, because it's the least of two evils and another incentive to get premium. Yes, this game could be better but Sega has what it wants already so it doesn't care. Yes, we all know this; we've all known this.

And dude, you should be thanking Dhylec for actually leaving the thread open with the way it was going.

THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE STRIPPERIFIC MALE COSTUMES SO I CAN ORGASM TO THOSE TOO.

BOO SEGA

ALWAYS CATERING TOWARDS THE PEDOPHILES

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Spoiler!
    I'm fairly sure that Sega knows exactly why PSO2 is so successful: dress up simulator, illusion of content through the magic of dripfeed and a not completely atrocious gameplay (despite Sega's best efforts). Gameplay being last and least, seeing how them adopting the ideas to make every class' core strategy "spam X to win" and solving balance problems by slapping some of the laziest "fixes" that one can imagine changes nothing whatsoever; or nothing that can't be fixed with another AC Scratch and a "collaboration" or holiday event where you do the exact same thing as in any other quest that you'd be spamming otherwise, at least.

I'm afraid that neither of those solutions will work, even in the ideal circumstances, either. If they stop making money, they'll attempt more crossovers with stuff that's popular in Japan, quickly push out some new gameplay features and/or events, and, if that doesn't work, will shut the game down and instead roll out something with more mobile and social interaction that they no doubt already have (or add Facebook support to PSO2, but I dunno how likely that is). If anything, they'll make the economy even more unforgiving should the money stop coming, if additions like friend partners are anything to draw conclusions from.

There's also a very good reason why do asian MMOs get released in the west by nickel-and-dime publishers whose job is to run their games into the ground while ripping off the customers: precisely because it's too expensive to actually fix the issues that may arise when the game is presented to a much more picky crowd. PSO2 is built with japanese audience in mind. Everything about it is done to make your averagest japanese player get interested, stay, and eventually pay. "Adapting" the game would require to make a complete overhaul of the inner mechanics like Doodoo, TA moneys, Scratch items, all of the retarded locks like AQ capsules, XQ passes, and who knows what else. And to what end? For a potentially bigger audience in a way more vicious environment? Sega knows better than to take a risk, they have Asiasoft for that.

So, yeah, don't want to sound too pessimistic, but there's no way whatsoever that this game will become better. Unless you consider the current stagnation as slow improvement (in which case I have great news!), things will only get worse over time.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    sexy lolis
    Talk about an oxymoron for the ages *hurk*

Also, yeah, where the hell does this guy get off telling Dhylec to 'assert his authority somewhere else?'

Like I said, he's batshit insane and should just be removed permanently.

It seems like your run of the mill 16 year old's issues with authority to me, but I dunno.

edit: I don't think he'll be coming back

You say "Who does he think he is?" just for questioning a mod?

He's a moderator on a website. It's not like he's a real authority figure. You act like I punched a cop or something. He moved and then moderated a topic that didn't need any interference because he, like all PSOW mods, thinks that all conflict is bad.

It's the same problem that has plagued this website for years. Not all arguments are quarrels. Nobody was insulting anyone else's mother.

Nothing gets done around here because only mild, vanilla topics are allowed to exist. Nothing controversial is allowed because it's perceived as disruptive and dangerous.

I may not post again, but it's not because I'm afraid. It's because there's nothing to be gained by interacting with this community. New ideas (or thorough examinations of old ideas) are strongly discouraged, it seems.

I'm very disappointed with the lack of backbone and resolve this community has. Nobody stands up for anything, and all have succumbed to this notion that we can't make a difference. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

I guess "You taught me a lesson" and "Sent me packing" as I'm sure you'll claim.
    Last edited by MidCap; Feb 23, 2014 at 08:12 PM.

What do you really want? "Make the world a better place" it's not or you would be focusing on real issues.

It sounds to me you want more meseta. You got two options: with a little money and a lot of effort you can make meseta confortably. With no effort and a lot of money you can run the gatcha. That's it, you can choose to buy lube but the fact you are going to get fucked ain't gonna change. If you don't have money for the lube and/or is too lazy to buy it, and do not want to get a raw bum just do yourself a favor and do not play the game.

Besides, you are trying to incite the wrong mob. 10% of one ship, mostly free people that are able to play the game because sega isn't enforcing the tos will have no say in the matter. If you want to change sega you better learn jp and preach on their forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Jei182 View Post
    I've decided to only run the TACOs on normal and with one character if I can't get a VH party to run with. At least then it only takes an hour or so but I am sick of TACOs myself. Daily quests seem like a good way to make money but sometimes it takes forever to complete them. I especially am not fond of the "run this quest 5 times" type. The gathering ones I don't mind so much.
    I never try to do them by myself and I only do them maybe every other day or if someone in my team wants to run them. The only one I can't stand is fucking lillipa. That one is fucking awful.