Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

It really depends on if you have a zondial bitch or not. If you get someone nice enough to pack the whole spawn in one spot mt/hs. Otherwise SP is pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Leave it to Sega to fix a bug just as soon as it's not such a big deal.

Being able to use aerial SS at full power is still a big deal , mind you.

STAND UP TO THE VICTORY !

Quote Originally Posted by relentless View Post
    Thank you for using an actual visual aid as opposed to unconstructive trash like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Ratazana View Post
    I think not many people in here understand the 置き concept.
    Though it wouldn't have killed anyone to outright say it was the headshots that really make it good. I used it on caves enemies initially and it always seemed to leave dinians alive, but that would explain it.

Anyways, I'm very okay being wrong as long as there's a reason for it. So thanks to those of you who actually tried to help me understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    Thank you for using an actual visual aid as opposed to unconstructive trash like this:

Though it wouldn't have killed anyone to outright say it was the headshots that really make it good. I used it on caves enemies initially and it always seemed to leave dinians alive, but that would explain it.

Anyways, I'm very okay being wrong as long as there's a reason for it. So thanks to those of you who actually tried to help me understand it.
    I never thought I'd have to specifically mention that dealing double damage is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by relentless View Post
    I don't think it was (or at least I hope it wasn't) anybody's point that you should use only one or the other.

I'm pretty sure it's a good thing to use something when it's good and not when it's not, or to use something when it's better than another thing and not when it's not.

Then again, this is PSOW, where if something isn't literally the only move in the entire game that you need to ever use at all it is automatically worse in every single way than what the mentally quadriplegic FOTM-followers have already been told by other players to use.

But yes, that video shows exactly when and why Shift Period is so good. I don't care how great anyone seems to think Heel Stab is, it cannot and will not headshot everything in a complete 360 radius, above and below you. It won't grant hyper armor as soon as you activate the PA, and it won't deal damage to nearby targets immediately when you activate the PA. Messiah time won't hit far away things, the bullets don't penetrate targets, and it won't prioritize headshots.

SP is like Additional Bullet if you fired it in every direction at once...and it worked with SRoll JA Bonus.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Mar 9, 2014 at 10:34 AM.

I said I had first tried using it on cave enemies. When half of them were still alive because there heads were a bit higher, it seemed like a pretty terrible pa. On something like forest enemies of course, it makes a lot more sense for them to get wiped when their heads are lower.

Anyways, like I said I understand now and in the end that's really all I care about. If have to I look dumb to have to figure out the reasoning behind something I'm fine with that.

That was directed at the person I quoted but whatever.

I said I had first tried using it on cave enemies. When half of them were still alive because there heads were a bit higher, it seemed like a pretty terrible pa. On something like forest enemies of course, it makes a lot more sense for them to get wiped when their heads are lower.

Anyways, like I said I understand now and in the end that's really all I care about. If have to I look dumb to have to figure out the reasoning behind something I'm fine with that.
    When using SP always always always jump, except in the most specific of circumstances.

It really is just Additional Bullet on mechguns. The first few shots fire out in random scattered directions for a very short distance, then the final blast fires out in a huge area in a full sphere around you (well, not quite as high up, but you've got other PAs for elevated targets).

But yes. Always try to position yourself above or in line with hitboxes you want to hit. If you're positioned in a way that Additional Bullet will hit a head, SP will too. Then it'll hit enemies farther away than AB will, and it'll hit enemies behind you, and it'll h it enemies below you, and it'll hit enemies a bit above you, and you'll heal a shitload of health if you're using Guld Millas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratazana View Post
    That's awesome. See people? Sega is fixing things.
    They are just slow and somethings should not be in such shape. I still give EA more credit than the Sega. :P