Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default SSD vs HDD vs SSD/HDD

which is better? im currently using a 500 GB HDD and pso2 takes a while to startup. was wondering if a SSD or SSD/HDD will give me better startup speed.
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

BO is useless. RIP PUGs. btw-Niji's Avatar

Didn't you say that this started happening after you did some sort of driver uninstall?

If this slow startup wasn't happening since the beginning, changing your drive isn't going to do anything about it.

EDIT: CAN'T TYPE.
    #1 PSOW Poster 2014 (Voted by Shiyo and infiniteeverlasting)

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failurelol View Post
    You wanna continue feel free to message me in game anytime you want. Failurelol/Failure/12512110. Ill be more than happy to make you cry and commit suicide you worthless keyboard warrior monitor tan weeabo LOOOL

which is better? im currently using a 500 GB HDD and pso2 takes a while to startup. was wondering if a SSD or SSD/HDD will give me better startup speed.
    A solid state drive would be faster than the 'Solid State Cache Drive'.

I have a few SSDs in my system and PSO2 updates and loads in about 1/10th the time. Loading between areas is almost non existent besides the connection time.
    If anyone needs help on PC hardware, building a computer, parts/pricing recommendation for PSO-2 please go to this thread:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189487

Quote Originally Posted by btw-Niji View Post
    Didn't you say that this started happening after you did some sort of driver uninstall?

If this slow startup didn't happen at the beginning, changing your drive isn't going to do anything about it.
    it occured after i did system restore to get back my lost drivers. then the issue started so someone told me to reinstall windows 7 and i did a clean reinstall (all partitions deleted). also reinstalled pso2 and then put the data folder back in and ran the tweaker to check for missing files.
    栄美

I went from a 7200RPM Western Digital Green drive to the Samsung 840 Evo drive.
    Personally, I didn't notice any real speed increase in PSO2. (If it is there, it's too slight to tell for me)

It did dramatically increase boot speed of my PC, and launching applications like Photoshop though!

That's just my experience though, others may vary. *Shrug*

BO is useless. RIP PUGs. btw-Niji's Avatar

Can you remember if it was this slow since the beginning?

Because this makes no sense at all if you did a COMPLETE OS reinstall.
    #1 PSOW Poster 2014 (Voted by Shiyo and infiniteeverlasting)

your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failurelol View Post
    You wanna continue feel free to message me in game anytime you want. Failurelol/Failure/12512110. Ill be more than happy to make you cry and commit suicide you worthless keyboard warrior monitor tan weeabo LOOOL

You won't see much improvement in PSO2 in switching from HDD to SDD, unless you lower graphic setting and get faster internet.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by btw-Niji View Post
    Can you remember if it was this slow since the beginning?

Because this makes no sense at all if you did a COMPLETE OS reinstall.
    i think it started after one of the gamegaurd updates because, after the gamegaurd image disappears my desktop just sits there for around 20-30 seconds then it black screens to pso2 also noticed the GG symbol appear in system tray for a split second.
    栄美

ssds in raid1 owns for load times in everything, i think this will solve your problems it solved mine esp for audio editing and video if u do that

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

I have a 2TB HDD. Western Digital 7200 RPM. My game starts up pretty fast, but I more attribute that to it being a fairly decent machine build as well. Maybe check your RAM sticks or your processor? If you just did a clean reinstall, that sounds more like a hardware problem.