Page 23 of 758 FirstFirst ... 13202122232425263373123523 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Can it actually be burned/poisoned often enough for it to be a practical option over using electric techs on it?

It would be really easy to meet the goal if it is.
    For the last Vol dragon, I can poison him almost within 1~2 cast of Megid, This boss, takes 3~4, but usually last all the round til lthe end.
    So 30 second or 40 second of poison, 1950 damage every 2 second,..Enough to get a Great ranking on my alt with no Attack boost beside the two dragon gunner atk up chip.
    And also use the Friend assist attack button, for Vol dragon, using it when he flies up, will reset him to the ground.
    For Sumo, I use it when I get grabbed or knocked down, since it reset btoh our position to starting position, instead of spending 1~2 second standing up, the clock stops.

Burning would be easier if you have the Shining serie Misty chip, this might be more useful if you don't play with a Rod/Tali and use dark spell, as it gives normal attack chance to cause burn on enemy, even boss, and the chance to effect is pretty high, especially if you use a weapon that attack alot. I don't remember how much damage burn decrease on the current boss, but it's not as high as Poison(1950), I think its...600 or is it 900 damage.
    Last edited by Sizustar; Sep 12, 2014 at 05:11 AM.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Something that's really been bugging me lately is how ridiculously OP the attack boosting 11* star cards are compared to everything else. If you get one, you essentially get to kill everything almost twice as quickly as you normally would (Plus different cards can stack...).

The other more specific damage boosting cards like Theodore and Vol Dragon are utter trash by comparison, as they cost CP to activate and only provide about a 20% damage boost. Naturally, those are the only ones I ever actually get.

It feels like you practically need one of those cards to be able to reach the damage goal on the very hard group quests, since even with maxed element at level 47 with an attack boost friend card, I'm only able to make it about three-fourths of the way there.
    I'll agree with you on the Vol Dragon chip (Especially if you have the Samurai or Quna S Excellent chip), but Theodore? If you have your element at 250, and are hitting elemental weaknesses, Theodore chip will add a whole new level of power to your attacks. Not always worth the effort to set up, but if you can do it, do it.

Sizu is correct though, you can pretty much blast out the EM bosses with statuses to quickly reach the damage goal. Personally with poison and a whole lot of damage boosting chips, I can easily knock out anywhere from 25-40% of the boss out on VH in one go depending on how generous the map was in regards to power boosts. VH Bosses die within 3 runs.

One other tip? Use your friend assists whenever you can. It's basically free damage and get out of jail free card - in the scope of the EM, anytime you use your friend assist, the timer will stop, and both yourself and your target will reset to a neutral state. This means you get the damage inflicted by your partner, and if you got hit and sent flying or grabbed, you can use the assist to put yourself back into a position to attack without wasting time on recovery (or dodge and counterattack immediately. Aronagarda likes to try to grab you if you're right next to it coming out of a friend assist).

Also, if anyone wants to friend me, my ID is Renne. I do a lot of receptor farming, so I do check in a lot. You can also message me if you need a specific chip set up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    I'll agree with you on the Vol Dragon chip (Especially if you have the Samurai or Quna S Excellent chip), but Theodore? If you have your element at 250, and are hitting elemental weaknesses, Theodore chip will add a whole new level of power to your attacks. Not always worth the effort to set up, but if you can do it, do it.

Sizu is correct though, you can pretty much blast out the EM bosses with statuses to quickly reach the damage goal. Personally with poison and a whole lot of damage boosting chips, I can easily knock out anywhere from 25-40% of the boss out on VH in one go depending on how generous the map was in regards to power boosts. VH Bosses die within 3 runs.

One other tip? Use your friend assists whenever you can. It's basically free damage and get out of jail free card - in the scope of the EM, anytime you use your friend assist, the timer will stop, and both yourself and your target will reset to a neutral state. This means you get the damage inflicted by your partner, and if you got hit and sent flying or grabbed, you can use the assist to put yourself back into a position to attack without wasting time on recovery (or dodge and counterattack immediately. Aronagarda likes to try to grab you if you're right next to it coming out of a friend assist).

Also, if anyone wants to friend me, my ID is Renne. I do a lot of receptor farming, so I do check in a lot. You can also message me if you need a specific chip set up as well.
    I'm thinking, should we make a new topic for PSO2es, and have people list their chips and ID, and also let each other know when they are doing or need help with EM to team up?

Screenshot dump
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

haha a lot of people are playing this shitty game what a surprise

Making a topic for ID sharing would be nice, its getting hard to get friend partners with decent chips, as people prefers to use a popular/cute character chip in their first slot and there are the ones who add you and never pop in the game again. Oh, and there are the ones who suddenly pop up without their weapon idk why...
    ( ・ω・)ノ゙

There's no reason not to use, at minimum, Lisa or Marlu. ESPECIALLY Lisa (#1 Chip in the game right now. It always has been.). The other attack up chips seemed unimpressive to me (Klotho and others, I don't use them if I have the top 3 to pick from so meh). Ohza is very good too.

I started by friending everyone with Lisa or Marlu chips, and would use them on every run along with 250 element. Now I have my own unlocked Lisa, so I only friend people with Marlu chips (and clear out Lisa's that have vanished or never use my assist).

At level 60 with 819 satk, Lisa and Marlu, it takes 1-2 Hien Tsubaki's to clear a fight (between 5-10sec/fight depending on how many atk ups I have, most of it is just me getting into position). I farm 6* Mizer so I bring electric and he also drops in 2 pa's. On lower level areas, I one shot fights from the get go.

Sega balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxy View Post
    There's no reason not to use, at minimum, Lisa or Marlu. ESPECIALLY Lisa (#1 Chip in the game right now. It always has been.). The other attack up chips seemed unimpressive to me (Klotho and others, I don't use them if I have the top 3 to pick from so meh). Ohza is very good too.

I started by friending everyone with Lisa or Marlu chips, and would use them on every run along with 250 element. Now I have my own unlocked Lisa, so I only friend people with Marlu chips (and clear out Lisa's that have vanished or never use my assist).

At level 60 with 819 satk, Lisa and Marlu, it takes 1-2 Hien Tsubaki's to clear a fight (between 5-10sec/fight depending on how many atk ups I have, most of it is just me getting into position). I farm 6* Mizer so I bring electric and he also drops in 2 pa's. On lower level areas, I one shot fights from the get go.

Sega balance.
    Ohzu only last 15 second, Azanami last 40 second.
    Klotho, although it's stated the chance to activate is low, it seems to activate as often as Marlu, at least more then the Yakuza chip.
    Last edited by Sizustar; Sep 12, 2014 at 03:46 PM.

Screenshot dump

My preferred setup lately is Yukihime+Ohza (Due to the recent EM season). Yes, you have to activate 2 chips, but you can blow up the EM bosses pretty badly with that combination alone (you will however, take a LOT of damage if you get hit with them both active).

Burn Draal EM was a boon for anyone who could set up a Samurai + Quna S combo too (Those 2 chips alone can match the damage the auto-fire loadout below can output against dragon type).

While it's easy to just build what I would call an auto-fire damage deck (Marlu+Chroto+Hajime+Risa) and steamroll pretty much every generic mission, absolute DPS is what you'll want to have for the EMs - you'll need some more specific chips to do this. This is also my argument for having a nice variety of friends as well - some people will run the chips that you wouldn't normally see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    Ohzu only last 15 second, Azanami last 40 second.
    Klotho, although it's stated the chance to activate is low, it seems to activate as often as Marlu, at least more then the Yakuza chip.
    Oh that'd be nicer. Wasn't aware there was an Azanami. Anyways the point is that all these high end 11* chips faceroll everything so badly you'd be crazy not to use at least one.

Too bad I only ever seem to get the terrible 11* chips.

The best one I have a Shion chip, which is nice when it decides to activate (Since it basically makes my PA/tech cost 0 PP when it does), but I'd still rather have one of the attack boosters.